PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck

Autumnlovr
09-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Since I'm going to be heading out tomorrow morning and don't have internet access at the house up north.....GOOD LUCK to all my fellow archers in the upcoming deer season. Shoot straight.

fbuckner
09-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Good luck Lauren..

Done Deal
10-01-2007, 04:59 AM
Gonna be in a tree in about a half hour and hope to not get rained out.

Good luck to everybody.

fbuckner
10-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Wish I could be but my 3 choice ideal Bows are out fo reach. Mine broke and I have 3 I would like to buy

Done Deal
10-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Well, that was a lot of fun....

Golly gee, now I can go to work and have even more fun.

Saw a couple of nubbers eating acorns under me before the rain out. I sure am glad I could see the truck and didn't have much of a hike. I had called my wife and asked her to check the radar after the rain started picking up. When she advised yellow was coming, it was time for me to bail.

Valhalla SS
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, talk about a sick deer herd. I knew the numbers were out of control but what I saw this morning was just well, sick. I waited for the rain to let up a little and made my way back to one of my favorite stands. On my way in, I jumped 2 scrawny little button bucks about the size of my Great Dane who were still with their mother (also about the size of my Great Dane) the button bucks were running around chasing each other around my bait and blatting at each other. Well, besides being stunted and emaciated lookijng, they are retarded as well. One of them saw me and came running right at me (maybe thought I was the other button buck?) made it to about 15yds before I made an aggressive jump at it and it ran the other way. About 1000am the 3 retards come back with a 4 point and a pair of 6 points, all nasty scrub bucks with spreads under 12" at best and really weird looking. They all had short, Webbed tines that looked really crappy. I only saw one other doe besides the first one and she was small and very skinny. Of the 7 that were playing under my stand, not one of them would be considered even average in size. The DNR have their heads shoved right up their asses with managing the herd. The only alloted 100 public land antlerless permits in my county.

fbuckner
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Quality deer managment is up to us also. Dont be afraid to take one of those scawny web horned animals out of the gene pool.It will to help produce bigger bucks by them not breeding. Their horns dont taste much different that a huge 10 point. Those small buttons are probably the last of the summers fawns they will be a little onthe small side I try tonever shoot a button god knows his daddy might have been a trophy breeder.

RSF
10-01-2007, 07:46 PM
saw 8 total today ...... lots of little ones..... one spike