PDA

View Full Version : Sales Taxes on Services?

detroitpua
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Has anyone heard whether firearms instructors have to pay these new taxes on services? I am guessing "no," but I seek a definitive answer.

fbuckner
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I dont see it on the list of taxable services. If it is there are alot of instructors out there who it really wouldnt matter to anyways.
I figured it really doesnt cost but $50 bucks NOT $500 to get an LLC. Get insurance and your State and federal tax id numbers and play it legal. I would rather be legal than a common crook and tax evader. No point in drawing out more critics against us gun toting folks.

detroitpua
10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
I "think" the state is taxing services that they regulate. However, the opposing view could be that since the state "oversees" MCOLES instructors, they could tax firearm instructors if they wanted to. Just whistling in the dark. ;)

fbuckner
10-02-2007, 04:39 PM
They could but I doubt they will what surprised me was some of the stupid things on that list. Oh well gotta get some sleep now so ican make the state and Jenny some more money to mismanage.

Trebor
10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Good question. I didn't see firearms instructors on the list, but I wouldn't be surprised if some future "clarification" shows that we need to charge the tax.

We'll just have to keep an eye out and see what happens.

jr-vass
10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
I saw "restroom services" on the list. Where do I mail 6% of every dump I take to Granholm?

I want to pay my fair share.

James

fbuckner
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
James James James you silly little man. That is for restroom services like senators give you know foot tapping and hand signals.

UTPD#5
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Education Services or Training Services would likely be the "heading."

I can't see the state narrowing it to instructor type.

I have been looking into this bill pretty hard for another group and have not seen anything that would lead me to think that we need to worry.

But, like fbuckner said...it is not that big of deal...if you collect the tax, give it to the state. It is not money out of the instructors pocket, rather more from the student.

And before I get slammed on "passing it on" I am only stating what is reality. I don't care for the tax either, but, such is life...

jr-vass
10-03-2007, 10:31 PM
And that is what burns my ass. Granho was on WJR this am saying bullcrap like it "hits" the services businesses evenly.

Baloney.

What business is not going to pass along a 6% tax to the consumers (us)? None.

The "cash" economy in MI just got a shot in the arm!

James