PDA

View Full Version : Gun Storage in Ann Arbor

PiEsquire
01-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know of any storage places that allow for gun storage in Ann Arbor? I am out of room in my safe and there are a few students here that want to bring their weapons but have nowhere to store them. Any suggestions?

Walther
02-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Have everyone pitch in and buy another safe?

Leader
02-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Guns aren't allowed in Ann Arbor, the smart people don't like them.

tjmower
02-07-2013, 11:56 PM

That's why I bought a house in Ypsi. :D

Sgt 45
02-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Hmmm, I must have missed that memo - or you're saying I'm stupid:ukliam2:

zigziggityzoo
02-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Pick up a snap-on locker for overflow?

heckufaguy
02-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Used to think the same thing. But there's now a gun shop in A2, west side, and I bought my Ruger there. Great pricing, service..etc. And so it doesn't look like I'm spamming I'll let you google them out.

PiEsquire
02-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Used to think the same thing. But there's now a gun shop in A2, west side, and I bought my Ruger there. Great pricing, service..etc. And so it doesn't look like I'm spamming I'll let you google them out.

I will say this with regard to the new shop in A2 you are speaking of: they have the most ridiculous, illogical, and poorly trained staff I've ever encountered. The people that work there have no clue what they are talking about and seem as if guns are foreign to them. I've had one guy argue with me and try to convince me that there is no such thing as a Springfield XDM 3.8" and that all Springfield's are either 3", 4", or 5" ONLY, and I've had a girl tell me that she couldn't give me the price of a gun they had in stock (over the phone) because "prices change by the hour." I've heard the owners are great, but it really does seem like they placed an ad on Craigslist for employees and they hired anyone who could breathe.

Denistonzp
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I will say this with regard to the new shop in A2 you are speaking of: they have the most ridiculous, illogical, and poorly trained staff I've ever encountered. The people that work there have no clue what they are talking about and seem as if guns are foreign to them. I've had one guy argue with me and try to convince me that there is no such thing as a Springfield XDM 3.8" and that all Springfield's are either 3", 4", or 5" ONLY, and I've had a girl tell me that she couldn't give me the price of a gun they had in stock (over the phone) because "prices change by the hour." I've heard the owners are great, but it really does seem like they placed an ad on Craigslist for employees and they hired anyone who could breathe.

The owners are awesome, the regular employees are kinda hit and miss. Overall, it's nice to see that A2 at least HAS a gun store, and I don't have to drive to Westland for one.

-Nasty-
02-11-2013, 04:33 PM
This was today?

Denistonzp
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
This was today?

Couple weeks ago. I drove past it a few min ago to buy pizza, it was closed.

DwFall
04-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Ann Arbor Arms Jackson Rd. Is where I purchased my 40c. Was just in there last week to pickup a belly band they ordered for me. For a new business just getting started during a time when guns and supplies are limited. I think they are doing a pretty good job. Are they perfect, no. Are they trying to provide a good service for A2? I think they are, and will continue to improve. Give them your business and suggestions and let's keep a LGS in A2.

diesel3500
04-19-2013, 07:41 AM
I was just in A2,s new gun store yesterday and was listening to a conversation that i believe to be between one of the owners and two of there employees about needing to become more understanding of the products they carry and sell. So maybe the owners realize there staff isnt perfect but at least they are trying to correct the problem. I personally like the store and stop by there whenever possible.

Gundad
06-16-2013, 12:47 PM
DOes the new A2 store have a range or is the firing lone still closest?