PDA

View Full Version : WTB Quality safe

jimbojr
01-31-2013, 05:48 AM
In the market for a safe, Looking for good quality, either 1 big one or 2 small one's.
If you have a safe or safes that you are wanting to get rid of let me know.
Other wise I will be ordering 1 in about 2 weeks.

Only issue it must not weigh more than 1200lb for it must be put into the basement.

PM is best way to contact and let me know size, mfg and price.

Thanks,

jimbojr
02-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Wow gun safe sales recommendations.
Hard to believe that no-one in the business is on this forum.

tiamat
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
I stopped in Able Safe in warren the other day during lunch - nearly every safe they had on the floor was bubble-wrapped or being prepped for shipping/installation. He said they can't order them from the factory fast enough. With the panic buying going around, that seems to also have translated into safe buying (which is a good thing if you ask me). My point is, I don't think they need help with sales at the moment.

Ultra
02-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I believe in and own a Ft Knox. I recommend them highly.

jimbojr
02-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the headsup.
Looked at Fort Knox but the problem is I have to go with the cheap model beause of the weight going down the stairs.
The guy at able was abrupt with me and didn't seem he needed my business for he hd so much sold and was busy setting up deliveries?
Maybe I'll stop in a week or 2. About 30 miles 1 way out of my way in the wrong direction.
Local gun store sales China made and will not put the american made 1 down my stairs for it weigh 1100# 100 over, lost my safe busines "China".

tiamat
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
My post was in no way an endorsement for Able Safe. I'd just stopped in there to see what they had, and basically got the same impression as you - the one guy running the place was so busy with his existing orders. Plus, he only carries one brand of safe - Liberty. Not that I've got anything against Liberty (except that every model seems to have internal hinges only - not my favorite), I just would have liked to see a bit more selection. Nothing like limiting your customer base by only carrying a single product line :roll:

I agree with you that there seems to be quite a gap between a POS made in china safe, and something worth putting your stuff in. I've been looking for quite a while, hoping something decent will come up used, but nothing ever seems to.

Fighterace26
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
If you have a basement I would suggest a vault door and make a gun room,
Mine has rebar webbing inside of 6 inch poured walls, built in the corner so I only had to pour 2 walls,

I did mine for about $1400 complete and $800 was the door (used)

Doubles as a panic room too!
About 350 square feet of gun safe for $1400

Just a thought

fegPA63
02-05-2013, 01:08 AM
I got one, medium sized, need $350 for it, made in USA. It's maybe 42in tall, 24 in wide and 26in deep I think. Spin dial S&G no electronic junk. It's in Grand Rapids area. 1 hour fire

jimbojr
02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Well currently finnishing the basement and put up a wall about 1/3 and is currently in process to be my reloading room. One to envy when finnished.
The rest is a recroom and the wife is directing that which is fine got what I wanted.
Also got a lead on a safe as well and that is in the works, might not hold everything but can and will add another if it does not. Then kind of all done.