PDA

View Full Version : Gongshot.com AR500 targets and multi-purpose stand

gidaeon
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I tried out a company new to me based out of Grand Rapids, MI called gongshot.com (www.gongshot.com). The first product on their main page is what I ordered (http://www.gongshot.com/idpa-target-stand-h-base-and-2-x-4-vertical-post/): a stand that doubles for IDPA furring strips & 2x4 mounting static steel with an easy "top cap" piece angled for proper deflection along with some plates.

Product was ordered and a question asked on weekend with prompt response during evening by owner. Product shipped out (properly packaged as in video) early Mon. Packaging was above and beyond, plenty of tape, bubble wrap and stuffing protecting painted pieces - nothing loose, I'm surprised someone spent that much time considering what will happen to the pieces but it shows good dedication. Prices were competitive (actually much cheaper on the stand than the alternatives) and assuming the steel holds up I will use this business again! Shipping was fair (Sub $15 for all) and cheaper than some other popular steel places online that wanted flat fees for stands alone never mind plates.

Welds look okay (in my unprofessional opinion) paint job is nicer than I would have expected, and the edges on steel are such that my kids or wife could carry it. One question or uncertainty is whether the bolt for mounting static plate is grade-8 hardened, fine the way it is or something I should replace. Maybe others know, or time on the range soon will tell :mrgreen:

Can't wait to go and try these out. But looks like a great local business to support!

L64DcMZGr0U