PDA

View Full Version : costco tactical lights

midnite oil
02-07-2013, 11:29 PM
anyone with a costco membership has probably seen them..
one of the guys at work uses one everyday at work,dropped off ladders,kicked,wiped down with solvent and just plain abused...
never thought that these would last as long as they have

i have a few of these and they have been beat to death and still work...

with that said,anyone else have one on their rail..and where did you find a holder to fit the oversized flashlight case?

i think it is a 1 1/8" o.d...(been a while since i checked so bear with me)
its definitly not 1"....

thanks

Batman
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
This is kinda not a review. I didn't know Costco sold such lights and I'll have to check em out.

Some good information so I'll let it ride.

midnite oil
02-08-2013, 03:27 PM
This is kinda not a review. I didn't know Costco sold such lights and I'll have to check em out.

Some good information so I'll let it ride.

ok so its half a review.....not bad lights for the price....they are not high end lights but at 20 bucks for 3 at 200 lumens....i can break 6 or so before i come close the price of the more expensive ones......but i havent broke one yet...
they have held up great for the past couple of deer seasons...
and work has been brutal on one

the older style has the tactical cutting edge on them . the new ones are different..
all in all not bad at 20 bucks for 3 of them..low power high power and a stobe as well on each light...
theres the review

bobdaney
02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
There are several on eBayt. The one I bought is square bad you have not 1 but 3 usable P-tinny rail spots. Flashlight clamps in the middle. Cool!

mikee1973
02-08-2013, 05:26 PM
I have a few laying around. Use them when i have to fly somewhere, don't want to take any good tac light in case the TSA agent wants it. Light + striking tool and disposable.

Timbo
02-27-2013, 03:08 PM
I'll check them out tonight, thanks!

Ranger150
03-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Excellent flashlights with my experience got them for Christmas and still working great. Very bright solid beams of low high and strobe. Best part about these is the aaa batteries. Most tactical lights take special expensive batteries I say this makes these even better with readily available batteries from your local party store.

midnite oil
03-18-2013, 09:46 PM
sure the higher priced lights might be better in some ones eyes....but i can get a tripple a battery almost anywhere......the high dollar lights have to have the "special" batteries.......

to each his own.....

tote'ngranny
03-19-2013, 08:39 AM
lPcIqXRAZUA
Follow up below ..

"poiiihy 1 year ago
were part too?
Reply ·

mrbasslips 1 year ago
Part 2 has been lost somehow. It was an epic sequel too. I found the flashlight next to a hole filled with lego men. My son had used the flashlight as a shovel while playing with his legos. Im sure it was used as some sort of battering ram device as well. Still worked! I cleaned it off with some water and I am still using it today."
I have three of these and they are pretty good for the money and don't eat batteries like some do.

MI-1911
03-19-2013, 09:43 AM
What batteries are the COSTCO lights using? The ones I've seen use three "AAA" cells. No thanks.

Landor
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Not sure if these are the same or not but these take one or two AA batteries depending on how you configure it for carry.

http://www.costco.com/TechLite-Lumen-Master-Two-Piece-Tactical-150-Lumen-Flashlight-2-pack.product.100002973.html

MI-1911
03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Not sure if these are the same or not but these take one or two AA batteries depending on how you configure it for carry.

http://www.costco.com/TechLite-Lumen-Master-Two-Piece-Tactical-150-Lumen-Flashlight-2-pack.product.100002973.html

Those look decent. I'd put some 'AA' Lithiums in there for cold weather performance. Maybe rechargeable NiMH for summer. Thanks!

Fire_Lieutenant
03-20-2013, 04:49 AM
will look into them thanks!!!

midnite oil
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
i have a couple of each generation of lights...i think that there are 3 generations...

1st generation...good light batteries didnt last too long..found that when off the flashlight was slowly discharging batteries....gen 2 was better with longer life on the batteries and moved up to 200 lumens i believe....
3rd gen is 250 lumen with good batterie life.....
and as far as batteries...i will take a light with standard batteres any day over the lights that use the "special" ones...
in a real life scenerio i can get batteries out of several remote contols,kids toys,etc...the lithiums dont mke or seem to make a difference in these lights....several of them stay in my hunting packs....have tried litium and standard alkaline and i dont see a difference....the pack stays in the back of the truck from sept..thru jan..

they are a very good light for the price....durable for your casual drop on the floor....i know mine have been beat up huntng and still work....and that all i care about...
if you want to spend more go for it, to each his own...

my 2 cents...right or wrong thats mine...

Mongo
03-21-2013, 03:39 AM
I have used these costco "tac" lights for several years now, and they work. I had the previous "200 lumen" generation and now have some of the "250 lumen" generation. Who knows what the real lumen output is, but I can say they light up the woods while hunting and snowmobiling better than some of my higher priced lights.

They do use "AAA" batteries, but I look at that as a plus for the intended uses of these lights. My kid uses them for frog hunting at night and I'm not freaking out because he's burning through batteries or losing my $75 light in the swamp.

I have 3 surefires, and they CAN'T be everywhere all the time. I keep these costco lights as spares in my nightstand (wife and kids too), cars, boats, snowmobiles, hunting pack etc.. I have my surefire in my pocket while hunting, but have actually NOT had to use it for the last two years as these cheapie costco lights have done the job. I gave one to everyone I hunt with because they were carrying crappy lights and they liked the AAA battery set up. I like the guys I hunt with, but I'm not handing out free surefires to them.

These lights shouldn't replace your "go to" light for emergencies, even though I have yet to have one fail, but they are great for "lesser" tasks and back ups. Highly recommended.

JohnS624
03-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Since when are 123 batteries special? You can get them for about $1.50 apiece if you know where to look.

Mongo
03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Since when are 123 batteries special? You can get them for about $1.50 apiece if you know where to look.

I don't think 123's are a problem and I use them in my surefire's all the time. But, I can't buy them anywhere like I can AA or AAA. Go hunting up north and you can walk into any party store/gas station and get AA and AAA, just can't do it with 123's. AAA or AA using utility flashlights have a place in the market.

Veteran
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Flashlights are rated by lumens or candlepower. They are slightly different ways of measuring a lamps brightness. It also changes a little when going from a wide round beam to a focused beam. The conversion factor is 12.57. So 250 lumens divided by 12.57 = about 20 candlepower. Hope this helps to compare different flashlights. My best flashlight is a Streamlight Ultrastinger, large and rechargeable. I have 3 of the Costco ones and love them.