PDA

View Full Version : A safe or concealment

tjmower
02-07-2013, 11:58 PM
I don't have a pile of guns in my house, but I do worry about those that I do own getting stolen. And I'm always planning on owning more. I'd like them to be secure. At the same time I want access to them if needed. Is a big safe to keep them all in the best idea, or concealing them throughout the house where I can get to them if I need them? I prefer the latter idea, concealment through the house. Curious what everyone else does.

Ultra
02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Keep one on me, the rest in the safe.

I recommend Ft Knox safes.

costanza
02-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Keep one on me, the rest in the safe.

I recommend Ft Knox safes.
TJ Mower:
Ultra is correct on this one. My hidden home defense guns were all located and stolen during my break-in in 2011. I now have one well hidden revolver in the house and my 1911 on my hip. EVERYTHING else, including laptop, watches, gun parts and gun records/photos, house deeds, etc all get locked up now. Buy as BIG a vault as you can afford!
Regards,
Costanza

edited to correct spelling of MY NAME!

Freetime
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
TJ Mower:
Ultra is correct on this one. My hidden home defense guns were all located and stolen during my break-in in 2011. I now have one well hidden revolver in the house and my 1911 on my hip. EVERYTHING else, including laptop, watches, gun parts and gun records/photos, house deeds, etc all get locked up now. Buy as BIG a vault as you can afford!
Regards,
Cosatanza

I agree 100%

HoldHard
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
A safe or concealment

A concealed safe. As big as you can afford. It avoids buying a safe strecher in the future... :wink:

HH

elwarpo
02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Safe, buy quality as opposed to size. Fire protection is important, as you acquire more firearms and accessories you will be amazed how fast the value adds up, so also look into an insurance rider in case of loss.

costanza
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Hey Everyone:
A year or so ago, PGA Playerless hooked me up with Eastern Insurance Company (MSomerville@easterninsurance.com) for a separate insurance rider for my guns. For around $125 a year, they provide firearms coverage of up to $35,000. It is the best deal I've found. Allstate wanted $50 a month! Forget the homeowner's rider that may cover $1000 or $3000 in firearms. No serial numbers or lists required!
Regards,
Costanza

NHardy
02-14-2013, 01:40 PM
A safe or concealment

A concealed safe. As big as you can afford. It avoids buying a safe strecher in the future... :wink:

HH

Exactly what I have done. It's pretty simple to frame in a set of shelves with a front that swings open to provide access to the safe. I have a large safe and I guarantee you would have a real hard time finding mine. If you can't find the safe you can't break into it.