PDA

View Full Version : MGO announces winner of 2nd Annual Disabled Persons Hunting Scholarship

Knimrod
11-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Michigan Gun Owners announces winner of 2nd Annual Disabled Persons Hunting Scholarship.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 19th, 2007

Mike Thiede
877-ASK-MGO1
info@migunowners.org

Hunting has long been a Michigan tradition to be enjoyed by many, including those with disabilities. For someone with a disability, hunting may be more challenging, but still a rewarding experience.

Michigan Gun Owners is pleased to announce that it has selected Darrell Whitman as the recipient of this year’s scholarship. Michigan Gun Owners will provide a Michigan ranch management hunt of either a Russian Boar or a Red Stag Deer.

“Once again, Michigan Gun Owners is happy to be able to provide this opportunity for another disabled person who has otherwise been unable to participate in a real Michigan hunting adventure” said Mike Thiede, of Michigan Gun Owners.

The hunt will take place at the “Super G Ranch” in Morley, MI on December 16th, 2007. Anyone wishing to participate or help sponsor this scholarship hunt, is encouraged to contact Michigan Gun Owners by phone at 877-ASK-MGO1, or by email at info@migunowners.org.

Michigan Gun Owners was established in 2002 with the mission to educate the public and encourage grass roots activism on a state-wide level through various outreach programs and a popular community forum on the Internet. Michigan Gun Owners has become Michigan’s fastest growing, grass roots gun rights advocacy organization.

To learn more about this scholarship and Michigan Gun Owners, please visit http://www.migunowners.org .

###

Tallbear
12-17-2007, 06:20 AM
From another site.........

My little brothers hunt
I have been meaning to do this post for months now but work and working with a really special guy has stopped me from doing so. You all may remember my post asking for some help for my little bro and MGO stepping up and taking him on a hunt at the Super G Ranch. Well Tallbear and MGO has stepped up and done it again. Mike sent me an E-MAIL earlier this summer asking if I had another young man in mind for this very spacial hunt. I had so many people that Rod had told what MGO had done that it did not take long for me to find someone. We where suppose to go today 12/16/07 but the weather keep us from going. I just could not see taking this young man out on a day like today. Not to even bring up the fact Tallbear had to travel 3 hr north for this. I hope in the next few weeks we finally get to head to Super G and do this hunt. IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO SEND Tallbear AN E - MAIL PLEASE DO SO !!!! I alone can not thank him and MGO . In the next few years we would like to make this grow. If you have a spacial needs person in you're life or know of one. Please give me or Tallbear a shout. If you have a ranch or free range hunt that you would like to give MGO please step up and make a dream come true for a spacial needs person.