PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Fun Shoot

Tallbear
11-19-2007, 08:10 PM
December 28, 2007
The Firing Line
38427 Webb Drive
Westland, MI 48185

6:30 PM in the training room for snacks before going on the range.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!!

Garbo
11-19-2007, 08:35 PM
I'll be there and as promised I'll bring some snacks.

Maranatha
11-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm in, are we limiting to snacks

fotophocus
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll be there! It'll be good to see you again Mike, and take down some paper perps!

Tallbear
11-19-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm in, are we limiting to snacks

You all are welcome to bring anything you'd like to eat.

And I'll have the Beowulf there for those that are "really" into having some fun. :naughty: :ak2:

Kouger
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM
I will have to put this on the ole calendar and see what I can do about making this one.

Seeing how I stopped working in the trucking industry as of last friday and I am now on days. this just might be doable

Kouger
11-19-2007, 10:33 PM
whoa......double tap

Imshootin
12-05-2007, 11:57 PM
I just found this post. I always start at "Buying or Selling" and work my way down. Garbo told me about this event when we were at the Firing Line a while back. Sounds like a good time. I should be able to make it. Shame on me for not looking at the categories above.

Graydon
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi,

What is the cost of this event? Do we bring our own ammo or do we have to use ammo purchased from Firing line? Do we have to supply our own targets as well? Do wives or kids typically attend an event like this as well or is this mostly a bunch of good ole boys?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. I've never been to an event like this. It sounds like fun though.

Thanks,

Tallbear
12-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Cost is under $10.00 and you bring your own ammo (no steel core). Targets will be provided and bring the wife.

Kids that have completed a hunter safety course are welcome. If you have younger kids, a parent must stay with them "in the classroom" where we meet before shooting.

Hi,

What is the cost of this event? Do we bring our own ammo or do we have to use ammo purchased from Firing line? Do we have to supply our own targets as well? Do wives or kids typically attend an event like this as well or is this mostly a bunch of good ole boys?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. I've never been to an event like this. It sounds like fun though.

Thanks,

KayL
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
...Targets will be provided and bring the wife.
Oh, oh... I can hardly wait for the comments!!!

Tallbear
12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh, oh... I can hardly wait for the comments!!!

And Kay is in charge of both the targets and the wives.

fotophocus
12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
And Kay is in charge of both the targets and the wives.

I wish her luck with mine! She's tall, and tougher than she looks

KayL
12-10-2007, 12:55 PM
As long as you don't make the wives hold the targets, we're good to go.

Should I bring the hubby?

Tallbear
12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
As long as you don't make the wives hold the targets, we're good to go.

Should I bring the hubby?

As long as you don't make your "hubby" hold the targets.

KayL
12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh.

I thought that's how it works. Isn't that why you bring the spouses?

Tallbear
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Isn't that why you bring the spouses?

Nope....Their supposed to pay for dinner after the shoot.

KayL
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh, ya, ya!!! Duh. Good thinkin, Tallbear!

fbuckner
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I am almost begging Chris to come along this is lke pulling teeth.

snakebyte
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Sounds like fun!

Ed Hoffman
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Shooting with friends is always fun

:colors:

ED

prettyinpink
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Nope....Their supposed to pay for dinner after the shoot.

Is it just snacks before the shoot or are we going out to dinner like last year?

Tallbear
12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Is it just snacks before the shoot or are we going out to dinner like last year?

BOTH!!!!

Maranatha
12-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Don't go Crazy Chris, if we're going to dinner, we won't need a ton of Snacks

Barrettone
12-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Man, I am gonna be just a couple of miles away working that day. Might be a good idea to pop over and check things out. What will Westlands finest allow us to shoot over there? Are they still allowing bowling pins, rapid fire, or run-n-gun? Or are we gonna do static, self-defense-type stuff? No peference really, just wanting to know what to expect. Should we bring our own targets? Never been to one of these before. I am used to action-type shooting. Are PCC's OK? I heard about the Beowulf that someone is bringing. Can I bring my 9mm or 45ACP AR-15's in addition to my pistolas? I didn't know if Tommy, Grant, et al allowed rifles in there. If they do, is it resrticted to pistol calibers? Please advise. Looking forward to seeing some MGO folks in a social setting. :bdaysmile: What should I bring for food? I can bring whatever is needed/requested.

fbuckner
12-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Yep pistol caliber carbines are fine to use there. The Beowolf is fun to shoot for sure I only let off one round last year. If I got into it anymore it would have cost a fortune for tallbear to reload.

Garbo
12-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I believe the big boys are limited to only 1 or maybe 2 lanes correct?

fbuckner
12-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I am thinking you are correct I believe it is the far right lane of the left set of lanes.

Kimber45
12-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Jeff, you'll shoot from a static lane. Pistol caliber only. The firing line has targets, no pins and no lead bullets.

Maranatha
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
no run and gun....please!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out the pictures from last year

Kimber45
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
If a S&W 500 is okay how about a 50 Barrett? Bring the "big boy" Jeff. :-)

prettyinpink
12-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Don't go Crazy Chris, if we're going to dinner, we won't need a ton of Snacks

Dont' worry...I am WAY behind this year...having a hard time catching up. Guess I don't have all that adrenaline keeping me going like I had earlier this year. Still trying to adjust to things. If I bring anything, it will be small, since I have to work all day that Friday.

dougwg
12-26-2007, 01:46 PM
I think I'll bring a few "toys" :upto:

Jerry
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Jeff, you'll shoot from a static lane. Pistol caliber only. The firing line has targets, no pins and no lead bullets.

No lead Bullets?

Guess that leaves me out as I only shoot my reloads....:(

JR

dougwg
12-27-2007, 10:32 PM
No lead Bullets?

Guess that leaves me out as I only shoot my reloads....:(

JR

WTH?

Why no lead?

As per their website they have "state-of-the-art ventilation systems"

So whats the issue with lead?

Kouger
12-27-2007, 10:35 PM
IF anyone is intrested I will have the American Legion Raffle tickets with me

these are for Jan and good for the entire month!

see me at the shoot. I will not be pushing them but will have them ( friday night is my last night I am meeting with the Legion saturday and turning in the stubs and what i did not sell)

Roger Roney
12-28-2007, 03:41 AM
I still plan on attending, but things have come up in the last couple of days that may delay my arrival or cause me to miss it. (Sometimes, being retired yet active and trying to prioritize time, sucks. :lol:)

Koug, if I make it, hit me up for one.

Roger

Imshootin
12-28-2007, 10:26 AM
"Why no lead?"
Bullets that are not jacketed deposit more lead in the air than jacketed bullets. Even with a "state of the art ventilation system" that would still put patrons at a higher risk for lead exposure. Putting someone at a higher risk for lead exposure sounds like a higher risk for a lawsuit to me. Not to mention the proprietor's moral obligation to protect their clientele.

"So what's the issue with lead?"

What are the Adverse Health Effects that Lead Exposure Can Have on Adults?

The toxic nature of lead is well documented. Lead affects all organs and functions of the body to varying degrees. The frequency and severity of symptoms among exposed individuals depends upon the amount of exposure. The table below shows many of the key lead-induced health effects.

* Neurological Effects
o Peripheral neuropathy
o Fatigue / Irritability
o Impaired concentration
o Hearing loss
o Wrist / Foot drop
o Seizures
o Encephalopathy
* Gastrointestinal Effects
o Nausea
o Dyspepsia
o Constipation
o Colic
o Lead line on gingival tissue
* Reproductive Effects
o Miscarriages/Stillbirths
o Reduced sperm
o Abnormal sperm
* Heme Synthesis
o Anemia
o Erythrocyte protoporphyrin elevation
* Renal Effects
o Chronic nephropathy with proximal tubular damage
o Hypertension
* Other
o Arthralgia
o Myalgia

Hope that answers your questions.

WTH?

Why no lead?

As per their website they have "state-of-the-art ventilation systems"

So whats the issue with lead?

dougwg
12-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Okay, so they're just being really careful. :thumbup:

See you all there!

fbuckner
12-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Doesnt matter to half of us showing up anyhow. We all ate paintchips as a kid that is why we are so strange

Jerry
12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I was sort of thinking that if 'all that' bothers you then maybe you should not shoot anymore....:)

While I agree that what Imshootin has posted is true, commercial fumes, auto exhaust, smoking,drinking,driving, breathing...hell even living will shorten your life....I just prefer to live while I am alive not live like I am dying....(hey I think there is a country song with those lyrics!)

JR

Imshootin
12-28-2007, 06:07 PM
If that's directed at me, I shoot way more than most people. I was just trying to inform the apparently uninformed what the problem with lead was since someone asked. Neither the Firing Line or Top Gun Shooting Sports allow shooting of lead (non-jacketed bullets) in their facility with good reason. I can't speak for all indoor facilities but those that still allow it have probably been breathing too much lead. If having to shoot jacketed bullets indoors is making you live like you're dying, I don't know what to say. :)

I was sort of thinking that if 'all that' bothers you then maybe you should not shoot anymore....:)

While I agree that what Imshootin has posted is true, commercial fumes, auto exhaust, smoking,drinking,driving, breathing...hell even living will shorten your life....I just prefer to live while I am alive not live like I am dying....(hey I think there is a country song with those lyrics!)

JR

KayL
12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Phooey. Can someone PLEASE stop scheduling Fun Shoots on SNOW DAYS!!! :banghead:

Missed another one.

Maranatha
12-28-2007, 07:18 PM
KaY, ITS NOTHING BUT RAIN HERE IN MOTOWN

fbuckner
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
well I missed it to Kay after driving on 96 from Howell to brighton and seeing 3 spin outs Justin and I decided that dispite liking to shoot and loving free shooting we had better turn around. Once up sidedown was enough for me

KayL
12-28-2007, 07:51 PM
That's what it's like here, too. It would have taken 4 hrs to get home even if I could get there. I was thinking of hitching a ride, but gave up that idea after a quick trip out.

Maybe next year you can schedule a fun shoot out this way somewhere??

Outdoors.

In the summer.

On a Sunday.

Barrettone
12-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Weather was too bad to attend for me too. Besides, wife came down with the flu and it would have been tough for me to leave her alone with 3 kids. Maybe I can do it next time...bummer.

Kouger
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Sorry I missed it too. work needed me to stay late, Oh well. another time

if anyone wants tickets let me know in PM i will see what i can do about meeting with out this weekend. I am turning them in monday afternoon

Garbo
12-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Was a great time as always, now excuse me while I go and take a few asprin,, between the bearwolf and Nicks 460, man I have a headache :getsum2: :thup: :cannon: :getsum:

Sorry I had to split without joining some for a bite to eat, the wife is a bit under the weather as well.

NickS
12-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Maybe next year you can schedule a fun shoot out this way somewhere?? Outdoors. In the summer. On a Sunday.

Well there's nothing in stone that states we CAN'T have more than one per year. I think a summer funshoot would be nice. Something to think about anyway.

Kouger
12-29-2007, 10:19 AM
we used to meet every other month or so.

just takes someone to take the bull by the horns and run with it

it dont have to be a "mgo" event. just list where and when

NickS
12-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Just posted 8 pics in the Gallery from the Holiday Funshoot 2007. Enjoy.

Ed Hoffman
12-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks Nick

Tallbear
12-29-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll be there and as promised I'll bring some snacks.

So. where were those "snacks" you promised???

Garbo
12-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Lol, was hoping nobody caught that. The wife was going to bake brownies but was pretty ill with the same flu bug that cause us to cancel x-mas at our home and not open preasants till 4:00 PM. Me and all three kids got it then and the wife came dow with it Thursday. I'll make it up to everyone at another event. Hopefully this summer i'll be able to attend some.

UTPD#5
01-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Garbo,

Hope your wife is feeling better.

To all,

Sorry I missed the event...my wife and sons won the argument that I should go north with them and enjoy a short vacation. LOL

I will try and make the next one...is there anyone around here that will show me how to shoot a pistol? I am afraid of firearms in general, but, I am willing to try anything...once.:whacko:

KayL
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
...is there anyone around here that will show me how to shoot a pistol? I am afraid of firearms in general, but, I am willing to try anything...once.:whacko:
Aw, ya big dammm sissy... I'll show ya how.

Garbo
01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Thx for the well wishes UTPD#5 . Yeah its a nasty 24 -48 hour bug. Hits you fast and hard. To be expected with 3 little ones I guess. Now way to avoid it. Even when its gone you have 2-3 days till you're normal again.

Again sorry to those who attended. I'll make it up somehow.

UTPD#5
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Glad things are better Garbo...my family dodged that bullet this year.

Thanks for the offer to help Kay, any chance I can borrow a pistol? Please bring a light caliber, I frighten easy with the loud bangs.

NickS
01-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I frighten easy with the loud bangs.

I've got a real nice one I'll let you shoot. Ask anyone who was at the Fun Shoot! ;) :rofl: :thumbup: :cannon:

Garbo
01-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I've got a real nice one I'll let you shoot. Ask anyone who was at the Fun Shoot! ;) :rofl: :thumbup: :cannon:

Yeah, its a nice smooth shooter,, good firearm to learn on. :yikes:

lol, that was fun to shoot. Thanks again Nick.

UTPD#5
01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
You guys better not be picking on me. :razz:

Don't make me angry, people get kicked in the knee when I get angry. :-?

I have picked up on the sarcasm, so you don't need to spread it any thicker. LOL

fbuckner
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Well if you would learn to grip the firearm and not limp wrist it.LOL

KayL
01-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the offer to help Kay, any chance I can borrow a pistol? Please bring a light caliber, I frighten easy with the loud bangs.
I've got a little pop gun you can start with.

You've got to remember to close your eyes before you squeeze the trigger.

fbuckner
01-03-2008, 03:47 PM
And remember everything I have been teaching you LOL

gsbell
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Well if you would learn to grip the firearm and not limp wrist it.LOL
Like the skinny girl with the Desert Eagle :shock:

UTPD#5
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey now Greg...don't you start on me as well.

That is not fair, all you bullys gang up on me like that.

If this continues I am going to pack up my marbles and go home. :scratch:

Tallbear
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
If this continues I am going to pack up my marbles and go home. :scratch:

I heard you lost your marbles!?!?!!

UTPD#5
01-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks, now you too!

Next thing you know... Aww, never mind I forgot what I was typing. LOL

Kouger
01-04-2008, 05:40 PM
and they say the second thing to go is your memory....and we can see you dont remember what the first thing is

dont worry UT....I have your back.... I have this itty bitty lil pop gun....shoots corks set up just for you

RifleGuy
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Hmmm, diminished mental capacity, loss of fine motor control and reduced strength, frightens easily (disoriented perhaps?).... I say we stick UTPD#5 in a home, purely for his own safety and well being.
You can keep his guns in my safe until he feels better. I promise to take very good care of them, I'll treat 'em like they were my very own. :mischeif:

UTPD#5
01-07-2008, 06:39 AM
I certainly hope to meet Kouger and RifleGuy soon.

I may not remember you 30 seconds later, but, I will give the effort. LOL

Hey in my occupation, it might be a good thing to be forgetful...at least on traffic stops.

Nice humour guys/gals...I love this group!

:wink: