PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

thespirit
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
My name is Aaron and I just found this site today. I am a gun owner/enthusiast/anti-gun-control type of person. I grew up going hunting with my dad, but I don't hunt anymore since he passed on. I however have kept on the tradition of gun ownership and really enjoy going shooting.

I found this site while looking for information... I am trying to find a breakdown of self defense laws in Michigan. The topic came up at work today because a co-worker is going to purchase a hand gun because of all the news reports of break-ins and home invasions, etc. I knew the basics of what you can and can't do, but we were trying to find specifics (in non legal terms)... I haven't found it yet, but I'm still working on searching....

The real reason I signed on was to get opinions on safety equipment. I have quite a few hand guns in my house, and my children are getting older. One is 2.5 years old and the other is 1.5 years old. The fact that my 2.5 year old just got up on the counter via a chair he moved himself today made me realize that my closet shelf safety method isn't going to last long. I've never had trigger locks or anything like that because it's always just been me, or me and my wife. Now I need to make sure I protect my kids from themselves but also leave it so that I am not fumbling around in the dark should something bad happen.

I'm also interested in doing the CCW classes (not just to get the permit, but for what I've heard you learn in the classes), and need recommendations of who/where to go near Port Huron.

Thanks!
Aaron

RifleGuy
11-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Welcome, Aaron! Glad to have you on board.
There are several qualified instructors on this site, I'm sure someone will point you in a good direction shortly. Good luck!

fbuckner
11-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Check the NRA's website they have a listing of Instructors in your area there. As far as safe storage you have many options all have pros and cons. Cable locks can prevent kids from using a firearm but dont prevent theft. I suggest for 1-4 you get a small firesafe and bolt it to the floor of a closet. If you have one you would like to ba able to access i suggest the piecekeeper. We have 2 left in our inventory on our merchandise link on the home page. Whatever you choose keep them locked up and away from the little ones. They above all are your most precious.

Take care and Thanks for coming to our place on the web.
Till we meet,
Rick Buckner MGO Board Member