PDA

View Full Version : Giving Back - Michigan Youth Hunt

jci63
12-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Giving Back - Michigan Youth Hunt

2008 will be the third Annual Michigan Youth Hunt Contest. Having a vision to give back to our youth and provide them with a unique opportunity has become a dream come true.

With the help of some great sponsors (listed below) and dedicated hunters this program has become a great success.

This year we are looking to add some guides to the program, hopefully being able to make 4-6 kids dream come true. This is a great opportunity for you to give back to our sport. Teaching a youth the proper ethics of hunting, how to scout for deer sign and explaining the importance of their role to keep the sport alive by being a good sportsman or women.

If you are interested in providing a kid with a place to hunt and are willing to take the time to take them hunting, please e-mail me. michiganyouthhunt@yahoo.com

I will meet with each new guide personally and check out the place to hunt and answer any questions that you may have.

Hooks & Bullets Magazine did an article on the hunt in its November - December Issue. I would personally like to thank Kevin Speers for his support of this hunt.

http://www.hooksandbullets.com/page_16.html
http://www.hooksandbullets.com/page_17.html

2006 Prizes
2 Youth Hunts / one each
2 Shoulder Mounts / one each
2 Michigan Gun Owners Hats - signed by Fred Trost
2 $25 gift cards for Gander Mountain / one each
2 $15 one year memberships to SAFR / one each
2 SAFR buttons / one each
$50.00 from the Paul H. Perry Foundation

2007 Prizes
2 Youth Hunts / one each
2 Shoulder Mounts / one each
2 Deer Processing / one each
From Daylight in The Swamp Taxidermy, John's Mobile Marine Service

2 MGO Camo Hats
2 Cap Lights
2 MGO Sweatshirts
2 Buckmasters Knives
2 Fanny Packs
From Michigan Gun Owners

2- $25 Gander Mountain gift cards
2- $15 one-year memberships in SAFR
2- SAFR buttons
2- SAFR bumper stickers
From SAFR (Shooter's Alliance for Firearms Rights)

jci63
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Looks like we will be adding a new guide to the program this year.
Hank and his generous family from Blue Road Bucks in Trout Creek will supplying two kids with a dream hunt in our Upper peninsula. They will be also sweetening the pot this year with a free of charge bear hunt for one lucky youth hunter 16 years old or younger. Complete details will be posted in January 2008.

Tallbear
12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Looks like we will be adding a new guide to the program this year.
Hank and his generous family from Blue Road Bucks in Trout Creek will supplying two kids with a dream hunt in our Upper peninsula. They will be also sweetening the pot this year with a free of charge bear hunt for one lucky youth hunter 16 years old or younger. Complete details will be posted in January 2008.

Well, they'll be hunting with one of the best guys in the state and a great bear guide. I'll be there in September hunting with Blue Road Bucks and can guaranty a good time will be had by all.

You have me personal endorsement for Hank and Blue Road Bucks.

Thanks Hank and family for helping the Kids.

jci63
12-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Desperately need one more guide in Southern Michigan, Jackson, Livingston, Washtenaw County.