PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Rev.Jim
12-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Hello and Good Day To All.

Real glad i found this site/forum. Thanks up front to the people running the show.

Me.. yes a Reverand. Got my credentials online some years ago so i could perform marriges and blessings (houses, motorcycles mostly) for friends and relatives. I don't preach.

Army infantry 79-82, 4th ID Honorable Discharge.

Licensed Builder - 6th and maybe last year running my own company with a 96% satisfaction rate. Can't please all the people... etc..etc Currently off for the winter building an addition and garage on my house. Yeah, I waited for the best weather:togo:

I ride a '04 FXSTS that i waited oh so many years for. I do love to ride.

Married to a good woman - she works in the mental health field, which would explain her ability to stay married to me.

I love my big goofy black lab/dane rescue - "Hank"- Almost as much as the wife. Still can't understand animal abusers.

Guns and shooting are my favorite hobby, then comes my pond & Koi, firearm refinishing, mosaics and computer stuff.

And that's my intro. Any questions - just ask. :-)

RifleGuy
12-29-2007, 05:49 AM
Rev. Jim, welcome! Glad to have you onboard.

Remasculated
12-29-2007, 12:07 PM
And that's my intro. Any questions - just ask. :-)

What do you do when you come to a yellow traffic light?

Ha-ha...
That's a reference to the Rev. Jim character on Taxi.
I loved that show.

RifleGuy
12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
QUOTE=Remasculated] What do you do when you come to a yellow traffic light?

Whaaaaaat doooooeeeesss aaaaa yellooooooowwwww liggggghhhht meeeannn? :-)

Rev.Jim
12-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Already liking it here. Taxi was one funny show. don't watch much of the tube nowadays though.
but me..... i always thought yellow meant: faster....with caution. :-)

KayL
12-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Welcome, Rev.

Guns, motorcycles, goofy dogs, Army, Ron Paul... can't beat that.

We have lots of cyclists here if you feel like blessing something!

Rev.Jim
12-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Nice, thanks. Maybe come spring i'll now some of the riders and we can tear up some asphalt to food and shooting, running yellows no doubt.

paddy
12-31-2007, 07:11 AM
What do you do when you come to a yellow traffic light?

Almost spit coffee on my new laptop.
If I had, you would be responsible for the repair bill.

Welcome to the club Rev.Jim

Remasculated
12-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Sitcoms are mostly dumb, but I was ROTFLMAO the first time I saw that episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mrJKB1MtHk

Dansjeep2000
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Welcome

antigunnut
01-15-2008, 06:36 PM
LETS RUN FOR OFFICE TOGETHER

Thanks for the welcome. Already liking it here. Taxi was one funny show. don't watch much of the tube nowadays though.
but me..... i always thought yellow meant: faster....with caution. :-)

Rev.Jim
01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
i'd have to be the vice though, i'm too long winded, and besides them creds look pretty good to me. Maybe i could just be secretary of something. man i'm havin fun here!

antigunnut
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
THIS IS A FUN PLACE

i'd have to be the vice though, i'm too long winded, and besides them creds look pretty good to me. Maybe i could just be secretary of something. man i'm havin fun here!

Grouchy Hippo
01-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Well howdy from a retired college teacher and church pastor. I was ordained Southern Baptist and though I still do an occassional funeral or wedding I haven't preached for a while.

Rev.Jim
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Howdy BAck Hippo!! what subject did you teachh?

Scoop
01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
I still do an occassional funeral or wedding I haven't preached for a while.Well, you'd better get back in practice, because there are quite a few folks that do quite a bit of that around here! :D

Welcome!

Rev.Jim
01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
for my part......like i've said.......I am sorry sir and will not do so again.

Scoop
01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
for my part......like i've said.......I am sorry sir and will not do so again.If you were responding to my comment immediately above, I wasn't referring to you, Jim.

I was actually referring to myself and a few other loud mouths around here ... :)

jr-vass
01-17-2008, 03:22 PM
My "sinister, minister, sister" (Methodist) was anti-gun, anti-hunting...

...until a deer lept through the windshield of one of her parishioners and split his skull in half. Unfortunately, it was a lingering death.

Sometimes you see the light, hopefully by example and not by practicing it!

I leave the religion to her. But she and I have "lively" discussions about politics! :)

James