PDA

View Full Version : SE Michigan Steelhead

NHardy
03-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Hello all,
I am fairly new to steelhead fishing in SE Michigan. I am an experienced steelhead fisherman but I am currently confined to SE Michigan due to school. I was wondering if there was anybody on here that would like to partner up and do some fishing. I am looking for someone who has some knowledge of the area that would be willing to pass some along to an out of place fisherman. I have a bunch of cured mature steelhead and salmon eggs from fall btw. :winker:

MSUICEMAN
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Hello all,
I am fairly new to steelhead fishing in SE Michigan. I am an experienced steelhead fisherman but I am currently confined to SE Michigan due to school. I was wondering if there was anybody on here that would like to partner up and do some fishing. I am looking for someone who has some knowledge of the area that would be willing to pass some along to an out of place fisherman. I have a bunch of cured mature steelhead and salmon eggs from fall btw. :winker:

where are you located in SE Mich? There are basically two options for steelhead in the area, the huron or the clinton. Neither I would consider world-class or even good, but they have their days. Depending on where you are living will kinda dictate which one would be better for ya.

both can be a zoo in certain locations during that time also.

NHardy
03-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I am in Ann Arbor. I have never fished the Clinton but I have witnessed the madness they call fishing at Flat Rock.

jemcclai
03-07-2013, 02:06 AM
for future reference when you can do it, go to the Little Manistee River on the West side of the State...

mikethepike
03-07-2013, 06:04 AM
There is a good spoon bite via boat on the Canadian side of Lk Erie. Happens in the summer:hoppinhappy:

TomE
03-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I've caught chrome at 21 & Jefferson through the ice on a #3 orange rapala.

The Spillway Dam between Gratiot and Harper was a good spot depending on the water level. Wallys are they when the water's up also.Now would be the time for that, unless the season is already closed, consult your rule book first.:hide:

MSUICEMAN
03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
The spoon bite off of wheatley and erieau is one of my favorite times of year!

NHardy
03-07-2013, 12:54 PM
for future reference when you can do it, go to the Little Manistee River on the West side of the State...

Agreed. I have spent many days fishing the Little Manistee. Its just a little too far of a drive.

hd1.
03-08-2013, 07:57 AM
NA

billofrights1776
03-09-2013, 04:36 PM
i fish the clinton its ok and sometimes up at port huron off the rocks just north of the bridge this time of year the steelhead also come in im game to fish whenever im free. message me and i will give u my info if u want. I plan on going to flat rock sometime this week