PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

silent_killer
01-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Hello, I sorta half assed introduced myself in the General forum where I made my first post. But I thought i would stop in here, and write up another as well.

My name is Scott, I am from Redford Michigan, I am 23 years old. I am a Mechanic for Honda Motors, I will be leaving to go to the Navy in the near future after I have my laser eye surgery. I am going to attempt to become a Navy SEAL. It has been a dream of mine since I was little, and the time has finally come near. I love to shoot, competition and for fun. I am into drag racing and fast motorcycles.

I am glad to of found this site for us Michiganders.

Hope to make some new friends. And learn some new things, and maybe occasionally help someone out. I have looked over this site, and you guys/gals know your stuff. I am glad to be apart of this community.

Take care, talk to everyone soon!

Scott

Remasculated
01-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I’m a former naval officer. I flew the P3C maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft. On several occasions throughout my military career, I interacted tactically with SEALs. I can certainly attest to them being an impressive group of individuals.

One of the petty officers on my aircrew, a radar operator, applied for SEAL training. As both his aircraft commander and division officer, I was happy to write the endorsement letter which was signed by our squadron’s commanding officer and forwarded up the chain-of-command along with the rest of his application package.

He was selected as a SEAL candidate and went to Coronado (San Diego) for his training. I ran into him a couple of years later in [redacted—let’s just say somewhere in the Middle East] during Operation Desert Shield. A month or so later, he was part of a critical Special Forces operation that was the launch point for the success of Operation Desert Storm.

Best of luck to you in the Navy and realizing your dream of becoming a SEAL. :thumbup: