PDA

View Full Version : The Training Team 2008 Schedule

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-01-2008, 10:28 PM
www.TheTrainingTeamCPL.com

fbuckner
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome to MGO post an introduction about yourself in the intro section.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Done!

antigunnut
01-02-2008, 07:46 AM
do you teach nra courses

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-02-2008, 11:08 AM
For our CPL class we teach Personal protection in the home and basic pistol. Which is why its a 12 hour class instead of the required 8.

wishn-i-was-fishn
01-02-2008, 11:52 AM
The NRA Personal Protection in the Home is a minimum 8 hour course.
The NRA Basic Pistol Course is a minimum 10 hour course. If teaching both courses together you could combine the sportshooting lesson which saves about a half hour, this still means you need at least 17.5 hours to teach both classes.

Are you issuing an NRA Basic Pistol Certificate and an NRA PPITH Certificate?
If you are issuing both certificates you are violating NRA guidelines by not teaching the required minimum course time.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-02-2008, 12:20 PM
No we are not issuing 2 certificates. the entire 8 hour PPh course is taught, in length, with aspects form the basic pistol course. I should have specified that basic pistol was not taught at full length.

wishn-i-was-fishn
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

One thing some instructors do for a 12 hour CPL class is teach NRA First Steps Pistol (FSP) and then the PPITH course. FSP is a minimum 3 hour class, so by doing this you a) teach basic safety and how to shoot, along with firearms cleaning & care ; b) are able to take novice shooters in class becasue you cover NRA's minimum experience requirement to take PPITH ; and c) you are able to issue a FSP certificate and the basic practical rocker as well as the PPITH certificate.

The negative side is that very experienced shooters are easily bored with the basic entry level skills taught in FSP. However, these days most students I see have very little to no handgun experience and I require them to take FSP before signing up for a CPL class.

The student book for FSP is the same book used for Basic Pistol.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Thats basically what we do we start of a getting everyone up to speed on basic pistol than move to PPITH. Its worked out great for us. And we try to make it interesting to keep more advanced students interested. But you can probably agree that most advanced shooters will probably be bored will the whole class anyway :razz:

All in all we try and make sure everyone has fun, safe, learning experience.

antigunnut
01-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I asked because on your web site you said that a student has to pass a written test. If you are teaching NRA courses then the student only has to complete the test not pass it. You might want to change your web site and your program to follow NRA policies. Also your are a NRA Certified Instructor not NRA CPL Instructor, that is also not NRA Policy.

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-02-2008, 02:11 PM
What part of the site are you specifically looking at, and what part of my program should be changed, nothing we do is against NRA policy. Just because we do not require a prerequisite class and roll it in to our cpl class as far as i know is fine with the NRA. So please be more specific in what should be changed

antigunnut
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
YOU ALREADY CHANGED PART OF WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. THANK YOU.
PASSING THE TEST IS THE OTHER THING STUDENTS ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE THE TEST. THAT IS IT, AS FAR AS I KNOW. SORRY ABOUT ALL CAPS I FORGOT I HAD MY CAP LOCKS ON.

What part of the site are you specifically looking at, and what part of my program should be changed, nothing we do is against NRA policy. Just because we do not require a prerequisite class and roll it in to our cpl class as far as i know is fine with the NRA. So please be more specific in what should be changed

TheTrainingTeamCPL
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe i dont know my website as well as i should:wink: but im not seeing where it states they have to pass the test.

antigunnut
01-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Ok then all is well thank you

Maybe i dont know my website as well as i should:wink: but im not seeing where it states they have to pass the test.