PDA

View Full Version : 3 Gun Polar Match at BWSA

Batman
01-11-2008, 12:28 AM
On Jan 26th Bluewater with hold it's annual Polar 3 gun match. Tons of fun in any weather. More details to come.

sprink
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Not much else going on in the winter. I hope I can make it.

TFin04
01-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Where is BWSA (Bluewater shooting association?) located?

Edit- Google is my friend. Bluewater Sportsman Association in Port Huron. I'll make the drive. I'm sure a friend probably will too.

sprink
01-13-2008, 10:01 PM
It's worth the drive. They put on a great 3-gun match. I intend to go. Carpooling is our new friend for matches!

lee
01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Ok, Somebody tell me about three gun polar /arctic edition. I have all three kinds of guns. What kind of ammo, how much? Does the match move fast? What kind of shooting? Do I dare show up with my Mitt Romney Gun? or My banned by President Bush 1 shotgun? or even my too much capacity Glock "Clintgun"? Will the Fudds line up on one side and critcize the way my firearms look? Will the Canadians show up with Sigarms, Fabarms, Tavors-------guns we FREE Americans can't own but The Canadians can?

See what a 102 temp does to ones mind? Gosh , I'm in a pissy mood. I'm tired of being sick and I want to shoot something----I know I'll feel better.

Ok, Ok If I get well and behave , can I come?

Batman
01-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Yes you can come, but only this time!;-) :mrgreen:

You will need all three guns. If you don't have all three guns it doesn't matter because someone will loan you one to shoot. Bring what you have. We see all kinds of guns and many folks don't care about being "Tactically" efficent with the latest and greatest, they only care about having fun and shooting the best they can with what they have. Any no one cares what you ware or look like. I ware military issue stuff because I find it very comfortable to shoot in. We see everything (well, not bathing suits). Not sure what guns your refering to that the Canadians can own but we can't. That said, they do come ready to shoot and yes they can shoot!

I typically bring around 150 rounds of rifle ammo, 200 rounds of pistol ammo, 5 slugs, 10 buck shot and a 25 round box of bird shot (#6). NO STEEL in anything. You will be squaded up and typically they have around 5 stages that you rotate to. You will need equipment to be able to carry mags and shot shells (belt pouches or a vest or something like that). A good sling on your rifle (two point is best) is also needed. Expect to be on the ground, moving through water or mud or snow as the case maybe so knee and elbo pads are wise. Ware good boots and expect to be running around.

Hope to see you there.

:batman:

TFin04
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Any info on pricing?

Batman
01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Any info on pricing?I think $20. This is a reduction from last year as we're aware of the cost of ammo and gas.

TFin04
01-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll be there.

lee
01-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I want to go but would like more info. Is food available at the clubhouse? Bathrooms?. How long will the day be? Are there good looking babes giving backrubs to the tired shooters? Are there warming stations?

karcent
01-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Food is not likely, but you can have pizzas delivered.
There is usually a warming station.
Outhouse facilities. Better than most.
Length of day depends on the number of shooters. Being January, it should go pretty quick.
Bring you own backrub babe.

TFin04
01-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm out. Came down with a pretty nasty cold on Wednesday and haven't been able to kick it yet. Running around in the cold is probably not the best way to beat it.

Hope everyone has a good time.

lee
01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
What time should I arrive for registration?

lee
01-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I attended the event and had a good time. I'm very sore and the cold got to my bones. I finally met the BATMAN, he helped me out since I was a newbie----thanks. BTW, It was pleasure meeting you, hope to attend some more events with you.

The course had a lot of variety to it. Its always good to run yourself and equipment during climatic extremes. You find out what works and what doesn't. And get this, this event even provided a lunch for us. A good group of people , even the Canucks with their Tim Horton's coffee mugs---eh!

Batman
01-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks for coming Lee. This was a tough day to brave the elements but all had fun. Once the weather gets warmer you’ll see a greater variety and complexity of the stages. Plus, we do a jungle lane! Hope to see you at future events! And don't forget about Thursday night. In the winter we work on draw and shoot skills in side. Plus we do a pin shoot last Thursday of the month and IDPA the first Thursday of the month. When the light (and temp permits) we head out side and try to set of a typical stage for multiple practice runs. Fun, fun, fun.

:batman: