PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Michigan CCW/CPL Classes - Jan. 19/Jan. 20 2008

detroitpua
01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I still have a few openings in my next couple of classes: Saturday - Jan. 19th, 2008 and Sunday, January 20th, 2008 class. Class info can viewed at my web site: Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit (http://www.detroitccw.com).

Testimonials:

"Rick, Sorry that it has taken me so long to thank you. Although the class alone can't protect me or my family from danger, it has improved our ability to defend ourselves. The techniques and information that we covered in the class have taught me to be more aware and prepared period. I am more confident and comfortable when I leave home, knowing that I'm better prepared to address potentially dangerous confrontational situations. Once again thank you and I look forward to Session II (Personal Protection Outside The Home Course)."
- Mr. A. L. Odell III, Auto Industry Employee, Southfield, MI

"I appreciate the realness of the seriousness in obtaining a CCW/CPL. The class was informative, especially the lawyer and how the both of you agreed and disagreed on handling certain situations. However, I wished we could have practiced even longer at the range. I am going to recommend you and your class, for first-hand knowledge, to anyone who didn't have a clue, such as myself. Thank you!!!"
- Ms. A. Gilliard-Garner, Registered Nurse, Detroit, MI

"Hello Rick. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Just to let you know, I've got my CCW license and I bought a 9mm S+W (M&P) semi-automatic. I had intentions of getting a revolver, but after seeing and shooting your semi-automatic, I changed my mind. As for your class, I found that you were not only knowledgeable but you were also enthusiastic. What really impressed me was the fact that when we went to the gun range, I was a little short on money, you were kind enough to let me use your gun. This is what convinced me to buy a 9mm. I appreciate your help and I would (and do) recommend your class to anyone wanting to get their permit. Thank you."
- Mr. C. W. Miller, Retiree, Detroit, MI

"Rick Ector's firearm safety class provides a comprehensive introduction to the possession and use of firearms for personal defense. The knowledge gained in this class is invaluable to both novices and experienced firearm owners. Mr. Ector's sincere presentation of the materials is insightful and serves as a reminder of the care and safety which must be exercised when using firearms. The course is taught in a comfortable environment which is not intimidating to the first-time gun user. Any gun owner can benefit from taking this course."
- Mr. J. Boyer, Attorney At Law, Detroit, MI

"The firearm training class was very useful to me. The class taught me skills to protect myself and my family. Everyone should take a CCW class from Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit. Thank you."
- Mr. A. Lewis, Auto Industry Worker, Detroit, MI

"Mr. Ector's class was well worth the fee. He was very informative. He really was an excellent teacher. Under his instruction I learned more than I had planned. The things that I thought I knew about guns and their use was all wrong. He made the class easy and made me feel comfortable at the range. If you are getting a gun permit, his class is definitely the one to take."
- Ms. C. Boyce, Detroit, MI

"Rick, you're great! You taught me everything that I didn't know. You did a great job! Just the class was too long. I guess that's not up to you. That's the state's fault or the federal government's. Thank you. You were great!"
- Mr. W. N. Kiryakoza, Farmington Hills, MI

"Hi Rick! First of all I want to thank you for your help that you put your time with us to teach us about firearms and the rules and shooting. I want to tell you that the lessons was so interested and clear and I got what I want. And now I feel I understand everything such as rules, safety, and etc. Best Regards."
- Mr. H. Mansour, Farmington Hills, MI

"Thank you, thank you, thank you is all I can say due to your leadership in the classroom as well as at the firing range. I took the time to get a better understanding of the privilege to carrying a CCW. The class is not boring and the time flew by because the information was very interesting and kept my attention. The time spent was well worth it."
- Mr. J. M. Brown Jr., Detroit, Michigan

"The class was quick, easy, and simple. It was straight to the point with a real lawyer to answer questions about the law. Plus, the firing range training was excellent - top class. Simply put, they are the best."
- Mr. V. J. Starks, Auto Industry Worker, Detroit, MI

"Rick Ector, you are a very funny man but very knowledgeable in the firearms department: 'It is not a bullet; it is called a round of ammunition!' 'Do not call it a weapon; it is a gun!' '8-1/2 x 11 center mass - it is going to be on the test!' I had a great time in the class. The eight hours really went quick. Keep up the good work, Rick!"
- Ms. D. R. Lambert, Detroit, MI

"I think the class was very informative. I learned a lot of things about guns that I had never learned before. You kept me entertained throughout the class."
- Ms. B. North, Clinton Township, MI

"Dear Mr. Rick Ector, I was in your class and really enjoyed it. I really thought that you were very helpful and you made me understand how important was all of the information that you gave us for safety reasons. I do appreciate your service and keep up the good work!"
- Mr. A. Gjergji, Sterling Heights, MI

“The firearms training that I received from Rick Ector’s class was very good. I learned a lot of things about guns and the other stuff that goes along with carrying guns. The course tells you about the law, which you are going to have to know. The best part of the course was the gun range. Hands on training is the best way to learn. I hope everybody, who is eligible, go and take Mr. Ector’s course. It is a lot of fun and you won’t be disappointed at all.”
- Mr. C. B. Fisher, Auburn Hills, MI

"The class was very informative. My understanding of firearms has been definitely increased."
- Ms. P. Hardeman, Canton, MI

“It was a great class – a bit long – but it had great information. I would highly recommend it to anyone.”
- Ms. S. Jones, Redford, MI

"Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit CCW class provided an excellent introduction to understanding personal firearm basics, personal safety best practices, ccw application procedural instructions, and legal implications with firearm ownership. Rick Ector and his assistant kept the class interesting with sharing personal experiences, demonstrating basic firearm techniques, discussing legal matters with a lawyer, and concluding with an exciting practice session at the firing range. Whether or not you pursue a ccw application, this class is certainly a memorable one."
- N. Franklin, Automotive Engineer, Rochester Hills, MI

"Dear Rick, I enjoyed your class due to your good teaching. Like you, I also believe in community care and withdrawal from potentially bad situations. Your class has already saved my life before I was finalized for my CCW. I will always have with me your training and skills. We are living in a time where we all need a CCW. Take Care.

(R)eady
(I)nstructor
(C)ommunity Helper
(K)ind
(E)ducation
(C)lass
(T)eacher
(O)ffice
(R)ange Safety

P.S. I always remember a great instructor."
- Ms. O. Gray, Detroit, MI

“Rick, it’s been a while since I took your course, but I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the experience. When I signed up, I had no idea of what to expect, but I found a warm and fun environment to learn the ins and outs of obtaining my CCW. There was a lot of information put out that day, and because there were so many real life examples, rather than just throwing out facts, I have been able to retain a lot. It’s funny how much my awareness of my environment has improved. I notice things I did not see before taking the class, and I feel I am better prepared to protect myself and my family. Thanks for the training and let me know when you plan to expand your training program. Regards,
- Mr. J. Grady, Network Engineer, Detroit, MI

“Rick, sorry I haven’t gotten back to you sooner. I think the military version of weapons safety is much easier to absorb: 1) Treat all as loaded. 2) Never point at anything you do not intend to shoot. 3) Keep finger straight and off the trigger until ready to fire. 4) Keep weapon on safe until ready to fire. 5) Keep unloaded until ready to use. A nice ditty is ‘Treat, never, keep, keep.’ The class was informative but I would have liked to have seen more range time, tactics, and dry fire exercises. If you don’t teach these things, in my opinion, some people may shoot themselves with their own firearm. Overall, you did a great job and I have no problem referring people to your class. I did get my permit last month. Thanks.”
- Mr. M. A. Russo, Ex-Military and Current Business Owner, Madison Heights, MI

“I enjoyed the training, learned a lot, and would refer someone to you any day. Thank you for my training. It helped a lot.”
- Mr. R. L. Jones, Detroit, MI

“The CCW/CPL class was awesome! I definitely will recommend your training class. I don't mind at all if you use the contents of my email for your testimonial file. Thanks!”
- Mr. S. Alexander, Federal Government Employee, Southfield, MI

“Hello Rick, I apologize for the delay. I truly enjoyed your class! You did not only inform me about guns and gun safety but also about general safety rules on how to stay alert! I wish we would have had more time at the gun range. Having never even touched a gun, I was initially unaware on how to load the ammunition (I felt like a girl! LOL) Also, I believe we shot between 30-60 rounds. I wish we could have spent more time learning how to load the ammunition into the magazine. Also, I wished we could have spent an additional 60-90 minutes at the gun range. Or maybe just another 4 hour class on ‘How to load the gun’ and an additional 2 hrs at the range. Thank you and I hope all is well.”
- Ms. L. Johnson, Business Owner, Southfield, MI

“Rick, I think that the Personal Protection Class was great. I also believe having the attorney present for questions was also great. I would recommend this class to anyone who is interested in a personal protection firearm class.”
- Mr. E. Jackson, Detroit, MI

“Rick, I learned a lot from the class. It was interesting and kept my attention. The facilities were nice. I do have a suggestion - Have a handout for individuals to follow along in the book. Regards,”
- Ms. R. Reese, Livonia, MI

Regards,

detroitpua
01-20-2008, 06:53 PM
We trained eleven more students today.

I am making a difference; there is no greater feeling in the world!

Regards,

antigunnut
01-28-2008, 06:58 AM
GREAT JOB THIS WEEKEND

detroitpua
01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
GREAT JOB THIS WEEKEND

Thanks!

I learned a lot, meet some great people, and had fun!

Regards,

antigunnut
01-29-2008, 08:04 AM
CAN YOU GET NATISHA IN THE FEB 8 9 10 CLASS
ALL SHE HAS TO PAY FOR IS THE BOOKS

Thanks!

I learned a lot, meet some great people, and had fun!

Regards,

detroitpua
01-29-2008, 09:45 AM
CAN YOU GET NATISHA IN THE FEB 8 9 10 CLASS
ALL SHE HAS TO PAY FOR IS THE BOOKS

I'll let her know....

antigunnut
01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
COOL

I'll let her know....

detroitpua
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
I left her a message on her phone mail yesterday and today; I haven't heard anything yet. I'll stay on it until I hear something or the class starts. Your offer is more than generous. If she doesn't bite, it'll be safe - IMHO - to assume she doesn't have the time right now to teach.

UTPD#5
01-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Wow...

Rick those are some impressive testimonials, you have had some very articulate students in your tenure.

Keep up the good work!

detroitpua
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Wow...

Rick those are some impressive testimonials, you have had some very articulate students in your tenure.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

Actually, some are more articulate than others. If you notice, I intentionally left in gramatical errors. IMHO, it wouldn't be ethical to correct them.

I got at least one PM from a member here criticizing me for making such a long post by using them. Either I violated this site's policy or he was sour grapes because he didn't have any.

In any case, thanks again.

fbuckner
01-30-2008, 04:57 PM
You got that PM from me and it wasnt sour graps I also have a file full of them but OUR website is the proper place for taking up bandwidth. Web ettiquite is what i called it. I am not asshamed of my teaching credentials as I was taught by the same TC you had there sparky. My training didnt stop either .

detroitpua
01-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll let her know....

Kerry,

She told me that you two have made contact. She's going to be in your class this weekend! Cool.

Also, I don't know if you know but John is doing his first class this Friday. Apparently, he's got several students and is not wasting any time. If I get up early enough, I plan to drop in at the start of his class before I head off to work.

detroitpua
01-30-2008, 05:19 PM
sparky

My name is Rick

Rolex Dr.
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I as going to send a PM but figure I caused enough stir in a previous thread i better keep my mouth shut

but i think its awful bush league (slang term for beer leage sports) to break your arms patting yourself on the back on a free forum

but hey your the one that has to look yourself in the mirror not me

detroitpua
01-30-2008, 06:01 PM
I as going to send a PM but figure I caused enough stir in a previous thread i better keep my mouth shut

but i think its awful bush league (slang term for beer leage sports) to break your arms patting yourself on the back on a free forum

but hey your the one that has to look yourself in the mirror not me

You can call it or think whatever you want - bush league or not. If it does not violate the rules established at this site why moan about it.

One could say that "Dr. Rolex" is perhaps not the best moniker for a horologist, but if it makes you happy, I am not going to knock you for it. After all, you have to look at yourself in the mirror.

Let me the ultimate judge of what is befitting my image.

fbuckner
01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Like I said it is web ettiquite. The rest of use post our classes and update any openings or that a class is full. It could however if abused be made a policy but we would rather not do that. This is a self moderated forum for the most part and as you can see if things get ot of hand they get sent to the AMMO DUMP aka garbage pit. To be honest a few of your potential students lost interest in all the self praise and went to other places for instruction.

Rolex Dr.
01-30-2008, 06:09 PM
You can call it or think whatever you want - bush league or not. If it does not violate the rules established at this site why moan about it.

One could say that "Dr. Rolex" is perhaps not the best moniker for a horologist, but if it makes you happy, I am not going to knock you for it. After all, you have to look at yourself in the mirror.

Let me the ultimate judge of what is befitting my image.

I stayed out of this until a stone was thrown towards a friend

i dont care one way or another I am im partial

look at my screen name Rolex Dr. not Dr. Rolex

I was given the name nick name by friends because that what I do i fix Rolex watches

detroitpua
01-30-2008, 06:21 PM
To be honest a few of your potential students lost interest in all the self praise and went to other places for instruction.

That's fine. They can give their business to people that don't post testimonials in their postings. Others may see it and think that they do. Either way, it's a wash.

Since it "became" an issue big enough for you to mention it to me, I stopped doing it. I looked at the site policy and still didn't want to do it because I wanted to keep the peace and not make any waves. I responded to an earlier post about my testimonials and perhaps shared too much. You took it upon yourself to "out yourself."

I teach because I enjoy it. I look at it as community service. OMG, I said a self-serving statement. Scratch that.

Look, I know I took a slight dig at you but you haven't been the only person around here offering "helpful" advice via PM on other stuff that doesn't violate the rules around here. Sorry.

fbuckner
01-30-2008, 06:30 PM
OK.. But community service it isnt. Sure youa dn I are in it for the same thing getting epople the ability to protect themselves but the bottom line most are in it for the money. Kerry charges $90 I charge barely more My community service come from teaching kids Kidssafe programs free and hunters ed free.

I sent you the PM and "outted myself" because there has been plenty of buzz about class posts and instead fo making policy a fairwarning was the better choice. This the same with the violation of stuff in the signature lines. This group is Michigan Gun Owners but the book mark you have saved says MGOUC correct? the UC means uncensored. If you want a history lesson on where this group came from i will be glad to give it to you and why we all are defensive about protecting the UC.

antigunnut
01-31-2008, 06:55 AM
Hey buddy she called me lets hope she comes to the class.

detroitpua
01-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey buddy she called me lets hope she comes to the class.

Cool - We'll have another instructor teaching in the city. We need all the law-abiding citizens we can find in the city to be armed. :)