PDA

View Full Version : New members

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

fbuckner
01-21-2008, 08:47 AM
As a member of the Executive Committee I welcome you enjoy what others have created and help us make this place last for years to come.

I have a question for you now. Where did you hear about us from? I would like to know how the word is getting around and who ,what when or where you heard about us. This will help us plan for the future of MGO.

ADMIN NOTE: fbuckner was on the MGO "Executive Committee" (since renamed the "Board of Directors" or "BoD") when this post was authored in 2008. For a current list of BoD Members, please see: http://www.migunowners.org/forum/list.php?category/44-Contact-Us

We still encourage replies to this thread in order to get to know new members and how you heard about MGO!

fotophocus
01-21-2008, 09:00 AM
As a member of the Executive Committee I welcome you enjoy what others have created and help us make this place last for years to come.

I have a question for you now. Where did you hear about us from? I would like to know how the word is getting around and who ,what when or where you heard about us. This will help us plan for the future of MGO.

I know I've been here a few months, but I heard about MGO from Google. I think I was just googling for MI concealed weapons laws.

Tallbear
01-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Let's make this a sticky......

fotophocus
01-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Should also mention that after I joined, I re-met Tallbear, who I had already known for about a year. I hadn't discovered the joy of firearms at the point, nor did I know he was into them either.

RifleGuy
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I had posted a couple of firearms to the Detroit Craigslist with high hopes of selling them. I received an email from a "Mike" (Mr. Thiede, perhaps?) inviting me to take a look at MGO.
I posted my guns to MGO (didn't sell - bummer) but found that I liked the site and interaction amongst the members. Been here since then.

Rev.Jim
01-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Google. I think i was looking for cpl laws at the time.

Garbo
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Back in the day it was the same for me (google), I was looking for CPL app info and had a few concerns al of which were nothing to worry about. Tallbear jumped in and was extreemly helpfull during the process.

ant1901
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
From another Member. Diverdave

FormerPacifist
01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
I found the site via Google search. I have also seen the link on several other shooting related sites I have looked at.

Phelptwan
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
I think I saw a post on THR, or TFL. I can't remember which.

who dat
01-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Google, with follow up info and verification from Greg Meier at Port City Pistol. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to spend a lot of time with a lot of crazy gun nuts, but I stayed anyway.:biggrin:

San_Marco_Training
01-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Justin at Wolverine in Brownstown told us about the site.

UTPD#5
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I found out about MGO from a friend who was a member.

He told me of a pistol for sale, I logged in and bought the pistol 3 minutes later.

Picked it up from RSF a couple days later...

...And now the rest of the story.

I learned so much from the board, and sold a few items, that I wanted to support the organization...so I became a Contributing Member.

Since becoming a PAID member, I have worked with the Executive Board and met dozens of great people all over the state of Michigan.

Robert Carr
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I saw a posting in the IDPAforum from GS Bell who pointed to the M&P buy that is presently going on here.

fbuckner
02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Good deal on them I paid $470 for mine with 2 mags when they first came out and purchased another 3 mags,2 holsters and a mag holder and I am up to about $700 when if this deal would have been going on my wif wouldnt look at me funny everytime i put it on my hip.

MarkoPo
02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Ricebrnr Told me to visit here on the Firing line forum.

Ricebrnr
02-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey welcome MARKOPO! Glad to see you made it!. IT's a great site and lotsa nice local people and info.

glock27mark
02-14-2008, 04:51 AM
i heard about mgo from fellow member on different gun forum.:thumbup:

sse
04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm in possession of a blue flyer which I think I got at Outdoorama...? Anyway, I'll be sending in my dues.

Gary Johnson
04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Mark sent me.

Diverdave
04-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I followed the group here from the dark side.

270mike
04-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I heard about the site from user Toledo Kid.

This looks like an awesome site and I wish I would have come across it earlier.

I have a few firearms for sale/trade, so I will post those soon.

Mike

Johnny Reb
04-13-2008, 06:33 AM

Heard about you guys from TheHighRoad.org, which is another great site. Very impressed with the people on here so far. Look forward to many post.

Greenshields(R)
04-18-2008, 12:42 AM
I was referred by a friend.

deathstick
04-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Link from tednugent.com led me here.

KayL
04-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Ted Nugent loves us?? Oh, how cool!!!!

fbuckner
04-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Even though I dont live in Ingam County I would like to see a Sheriff take charge of the inmates like that fella in Arizona does. Put them to work cleaning ditches the highways are a mess.

bigwillie
06-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Heard about it on another forum, a good forum no doubt, just not as important to me as this one.

Medio
07-01-2008, 04:58 PM
appliancebrad! Always willing to answer questions :thumbup:

ChuckB
07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
A couple of guys from OpenCarry.Org (Ghostrider and SpringerXD45acp) sent me here.

Reese
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
I followed a link to your site from Top Gun Shooting Sports Website, they are located in Taylor.

Astrogiblet
07-02-2008, 12:36 AM
I think I Googled something about michigan and guns..

Or maybe I found this site off reading something on OCDO.

-Brandon

Tucker6900
07-09-2008, 09:49 AM
I heard of the site from Officer.Com Forums.

safetyguy2
07-25-2008, 01:46 PM

I heard aou MGO in my cpl Class. It was recommended as a good source of information. And they were right. I took my class with
American Firearms Training, we used the hall at Gander mtn. in Taylor and did our range time at Top Gun. That was in May of this year. My neighbor also recommended MGO to me and he actually took his training with you and said how much he liked it and how good your class was.

ColonelKurtz
07-30-2008, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=fbuckner] Where did you hear about us from? QUOTE]

The High Road (thehighroad.org). I never used these forums much in the past (never knew they were around but there's some good info). I like this one b/c it's specific to Michigan.

Made_in_Michigan
07-30-2008, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=fbuckner] Where did you hear about us from? QUOTE]

The High Road (thehighroad.org). I never used these forums much in the past (never knew they were around but there's some good info). I like this one b/c it's specific to Michigan.

Just wait till you get addicted to the "For Sale" forums .... muhahahha:deal2:

dardascastbullets
08-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I stumbled across this forum by pure accident while I was googling for something (forgot what I was searching for!:biggrin: ).....Looks like a great site!

So, hello to all!!!

Matt Dardas
Dardas Cast Bullets

JNR HUNTERS
08-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Rifle guy sent me your way,thanks!!!:biggrin: I was selling lab pups on another site. This is my favorite site yet. it feels like home (gun's gun's gun's gun's).

Trev
09-02-2008, 02:24 AM
I found this site from a link on michigan-sportsman.com They have it posted for a place to sell and ask questions about the value of your gun. I'm just really glad I found the site. Tons of good info so far :thumbup:

fbuckner
09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
I heard aou MGO in my cpl Class. It was recommended as a good source of information. And they were right. I took my class with
American Firearms Training, we used the hall at Gander mtn. in Taylor and did our range time at Top Gun. That was in May of this year. My neighbor also recommended MGO to me and he actually took his training with you and said how much he liked it and how good your class was.

Thanks for the good words we try to do our very best to provide students with knowlegable and useful information. Remember to keep training well beyond your CPL class.

ShutterBug357
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
I heard about your site from a member. He figured it was something I'd be interested in.

Edited for grammatical content.

JNR HUNTERS
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
I was interduced by rifle guy. Thanks rifle guy. This is one of my favorite sites. I all most all ways visit every day.

dontfeelbad
09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
I found the site while looking for gun classified ads. I really enjoy the site. Has a well educated, and helpful community.

w3lk
10-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Just joined the other day. Heard of you through a post on HK94.com forums. Said "OH! I live in Michigan!" and got all excited and joined.

chuckarrow
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I joined up a few weeks ago, i first found this site through a banner on migunshows.com

MI-copperhead
11-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I joined yesterday after I found your link at migunshows.com

paulgun
11-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I found the site through a friend who was already a member

rustyreel
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
for me it was nick s.

NickS
11-13-2008, 12:06 PM
for me it was nick s.

Now finish up the instructions in the letter that accompanied your membership kit and I can change your status from "Associate Member" to "Contributing Member".

MrBigB78
11-29-2008, 02:23 AM
I have been looking for a grendel and found a link on google to the for sale forum.

shagagagunga
11-29-2008, 03:54 PM
SNAREMAN off of a michigan-sportsman.com thread.

The only gun that mattered to me was the Win94 I got from my grandfather for deer hunting until this year when my uncle brought up 2 Mausers that my other grandfather brought back from WWII. We took some time out from hunting to cap some pop cans with them and I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. I kept thinking of the stories those guns could tell.

Now I have an interest (read jones) and this site seems to be great for info. Thank you to all who post and teach us less knowledgeable!!!

rustyjde
11-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I found your link at migunshows.com

CLP
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM
My nephew, mrshootalot directed me here

kiawahman
12-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm looking forward to more localized discussions.

Kwik
12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I heard about this forum on this website. Well I tried to post the website and it won't let me link it. Guess I'll have to make 10 post's first!

Thanks, Kwik

pilotmg1501
12-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I was referred by my roommate

Millinski
12-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Greatlakes4x4 website

<3 LeAnn <3
12-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Hello All.......my name is as you can tell LeAnn.......I am new to this forum, and actually just got my 1st hand gun tonight......its a new Smith and Wesson Sigma Series 9mm. My husband frequents this forum so I thought that I would tag along. Its very nice to meet you all, and I look forward to chatting with you in the future.

cumminatcha
12-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Pretty sure it was from the local gun show website.

paulgun
12-26-2008, 03:22 AM
I was getting frustrated over the wait time for my cpl. A friend suggested the forum as a possible resource at the Wayne County Gun Board Mtgs.

PhotoTom
12-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I was getting frustrated over the wait time for my cpl. A friend suggested the forum as a possible resource at the Wayne County Gun Board Mtgs.

Hi Paul and welcome to MGO.
Be sure to check out this thread regarding your interest:
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17028

gjc357
01-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I was originally looking to sell my Beretta, which many of you have probably seen posted. I practically live across the road from Action Impact in Southfield and I went in there one night to see if they had a bulletin board or something to post private sales. One of the guys behind the counter suggested MGO.com and spoke very highly of the website.

Since then I have visited almost every day and upon receipt of the funds from my pending sale I will be buying a membership. The forums have been a lot of fun, are very informative, and have rekindled my interest in shooting beyond hunting.

Maccool
01-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I was looking for CPL laws and firearm info here in Michigan

dazednconfused75
01-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I found this while trying to figure out what was taking my CPL so long in WaCo.

Shorty4Good
01-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I stumbled across this site many times cruzin around the web, reading stuff bout shoot'in & reload'in. Finally decided it was time to speak up. Jess might influence a newbee for the good.

andoman
02-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I came across the site on google a few times when I was looking for cpl info. Decided to join, and plan on paying dues once I get back to work. But right now I'm searching the site for info on a good holster for my sigma 9mm.

Andy
S&W Sigma 9mm

Sledder
02-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Where did you hear about us from?

A recent thread in a Michigan jeep site referenced your forum.

johnson27885
02-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Heard about the site from one of the gun salesman at the dreaded Gander Mountain.

Roundballer
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
One of the members of my sportsmens club found this site and arranged to have Mike come in and talk to us. He was very well received and a club member made a motion from the floor for our club to create an association between groups. So... Here I am.

BitterGunOwner
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I was searching saiga 12 for ammo and saw MGO mentioned there.

Geogh3
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I was getting very frustrated looking for used hand guns and going to site after site of dealers that had huge web sites and no guns... so I thought since I have a CCW and can buy from an individual in Michigan maybe I can find someone that has a handgun for sale. Surfing looking for michigan guns for sale and walah there you were with a "Guns for Sale" on your site. Well I was pleasantly surprised to see a guy putting a Ruger P94DC on your site, we shot emails back and forth and the next day I met him not to far from my home and made a deal, bought the gun, and I will tell anyone who will listen to go to your site. The people are great, the blogs are great, and I am getting addicted to all the info you have on this site. I can see why people come on your site every single day. Things move fast and this is a great place to check and see whats happening. Thanks for a great site.

Skinner 2
04-07-2009, 02:53 AM
He posted a link on another site for me.

Thanks Tallbear!

Skinner

ozzie
04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
I heard about MGO from another member polishale

mishooter
04-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I heard about MGO from another member.

cityslicker
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I heard about mgo from some coworkers...had talked about selling my 1991a1 colt and someone said to check out this site....so here i am...my 45 has gotton more attention then i expected and the info from other posts has bean wonderful even if just for a laugh and smile on my face....thanks to all who have put the hard work into creating and maintaining the site it is a great place to gather info and just see what other people are up to in the shooting world....

blairellis
04-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Heard about you on Open Carry's forum a day or so ago.

Just bought my first handgun about a month and a half ago. A Ruger SR9. I'm excited about learning more about gun laws, shooting techniques, etc.

cbr
05-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I heard about MGO from Scott Sieffert owner of The Discerning Shootist in Traverse City. We just moved our company, Altus Brands, LLC to Michigan and are now moving our raw materials, parts, servcies and labor requirements here. It is great because we have been very "welcomed" by the community. What a great hunting and shooting state-one of the reasons we are here.

KayL
05-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Altus Brands is the manufacturer of ProEars, et al.

After 10 years in Colorado, Altus Brands recently announced the relocation of their business from Westcliffe, CO to their new corporate offices in Traverse City, MI. From there, they will handle all operations for Altus Brands products. Michigan has easy access to materials, shipping, and a trained and talented work force.

Altus Brands, the veteran-owned small business specializing in manufacturing products for hunters, shooters and sportsmen, including ProEars electronic and passive hearing protection, Bench Master Rifle Rests, and CrossFire Archery and Firearm Slings, will invest $710,000 to relocate and expand existing operations in Garfield Charter Township.

mr mom
05-25-2009, 09:14 PM
mr mom here ... found this site listed on the michigan sportsman site...
been casting bullets since the early 70's and loading them the same time ...
i have 3 boys , 22,20,and 18.. all hunt and fish and shoot.
looks like a good site ...

mr mom
berrien county, mi.

m52a2
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
My I.D.: m52a2
I heard about migunowners from "detroit tackleberry"
I was born in Ohio but have been in Michigan for many years
My great great great grandparents are of german heritage
my relatives served in the spanish american war, WWI, and later wars
I pray for our nation
I worry about my 9 childrens future
I have 25 years with the same employer and in the same job clasification
I like old machinery, big and small
I made a pistol in my high school shop cass with the schools approval
I gess times have changed...

romesr
07-13-2009, 03:42 AM
I FOUND YOU GUYS WEB SURFING BUT NOW EVERYONE I COME ACROSS I TELL THEM ABOUT US

TomE
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I was referred by Michigan-Sportsman.com,while asking stupid questions they wouldn't touch.

10mile
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I was just looking on google for Michigan related gun forums, and stumbled upon this forum.

AdirondackGal
07-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Found MGO while searching for the gun control board for Wayne County, and the length of time it takes to receive your CPL once the fingerprints were taken. Found what I was looking for (didn't say I liked it) on this site. Great site. Keep up the good work.

yepod
07-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I found you via a poster (forget who it was) on THR (The High Road).

kfritz0711
07-25-2009, 10:24 PM

I recieved a message from my brother who apparently is member

Kevin Fritz

bags
07-25-2009, 10:42 PM

Doing a search for cpl info.

Dakota
07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
I also found MGO through a google search. I believe I was searching for info on concealed carry in MI and gun ranges in MI.

Blue302
07-30-2009, 05:36 PM
I came across the web address through Google while looking for pistols for sale in MI. Great site.

tj1959
08-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Tallbear posted a link on M-S.com

Lapp_Dance
08-05-2009, 09:47 AM
new guy here. heard about MGO from my local FFL guy, Rich, at THS Sporting Center in Port Huron.

Done Deal
08-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome from central Michigan.

And, when you get all caught up on your reading, be sure and share the history behind that handle of yours....it has to be good.

Made_in_Michigan
08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
:welcome: one and all....

:banana:

hemmingsenm
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Believe it or not I heard about this through my son, I knew some day he would be good for something, Just kidding. I have to be nice to him he has nicer guns than I do. One thing that drives me crazy is as I get older those sights are harder to keep in focus, the young kids can out shoot me.HMMMMMMM

lilbucksht
08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
migunshows website link

alldalelong
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I was searching for the .380 ammo that someone is hiding some place other than all the gun shops and ammo carrying store's in Michigan! POWEY...there was MGO. Nice place ya got here. I joined and paid my dues. Still no answers on WHY I CAN'T BUY .380 AMMO though..... : '
HELP!
DJ

alldalelong
08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Sorry, I understand this is posting is for "how we found MGO" but, the only reason why I'm still alive is because some of the youngsters are still bad shots! Most youngster's couldn't hit the side of a barn if they were IN IT! Sounds like your son is exceptional.
DJ

rigges
08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Hello Rigges here Umm been shooting since the dawn of time just started for my CCP took the training now I need the $105 for the Permit.
my good shooting days were a while back though I am still pritty good

I am Rigges the tag has its meanings I have met both Danny glove and Mel Gibson during the Filming of the Lethal weapon movie I was in the army at a competition shoot at the LA ranges 10 Mins before they shot the scene on the range I shot the smiley face they used. My name can be heard over the PA system during the range scene.. have a nice day.

OH I also use to be able to shoot the O ring at 1,000 yds .308

I can't see the Target that well and have not been shooting for a while as my CCP training made me feel bad about not shooting more. OH I did OK and better than some but Not like I use to.

So hello every one in MI

KayL
08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
... I shot the smiley face they used. My name can be heard over the PA system during the range scene.
TOTALLY KULE!!!!

Welcome.

NotParanoid
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I found out about this site from my son , both of us are also members of Open Carry. I will be going to a class this Sunday to obtain my CCW and want to be in groups to acquire any info possible pertaining to open or concealed carry. My family are members of the Jackson County Outdoor Club and we enjoy target practice shoots.

miked
08-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Hello all. New guy here. Heard about this site from the MOC forum.

T-Rex
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Nother Noob here. Take it easy on me while I learn the ropes. Thanks. Found through a google search. Carry on Gents!

barsto
08-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Hi to all my name is Ren.
I am from California the land of ten round magazines.LMAO
I am a die hard gun nut and love to shoot competitively. I shoot world speed shooting through the ISI (international steel institute),IDPA and IPSC.
these are the only formats we have in our local area, except for the gssc that is coming this november at our range. I look forward to talking to alot of you and hopefully making some great deals or trades.

thanks for letting me into your forum:fa:

kragnor
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I found your site in the process of looking for 7.5mm french ammo. Now that I've seen the little that I have, I'm glad I did. It's always nice to run into and talk to other people fighting to save our 2nd amendment rights. Gun owners are a special breed who epitomize and preserve everything that this country was founded on and stands for. I look forward to spending more time on your site and listening to what other people have to say in regards to our fought for freedoms.
Vermont, while being considered as one of the more liberal states in the union, has some of the most sensible and open gun laws in the country. Hopefully, that will give me a chance to offer some diffferent views in regards to anything I see on this site. Thanks again....Roy

samhain
09-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I found you guys when i googled michigan gun classifieds. Glad i did your good people.

JerryJr27
09-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I just found this site via google, searching for a used hand gun. Looks like a nice informative site. I am very interested in the future of our right to carry.

357MAX
09-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I was looking for a sporterized spanish mauser. I was told by a friend over on castboolits to look here. It looked like a nice community, so I signed up. I live about 25 miles from the geographical center of the Mitten btw.

Done Deal
09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I was looking for a sporterized spanish mauser. I was told by a friend over on castboolits to look here. It looked like a nice community, so I signed up. I live about 25 miles from the geographical center of the Mitten btw.

Down to Ashley or Fulton way?

hooch
09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Found this site by a google search for CPL laws and firearm searches.

jeepinrrt
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I heard about it on Gl4x4.com when looking and researching for my CPL.

scecil
09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm new here...hahahahaha. I love guns

SB outdoors
09-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm not really familiar with this type of interaction, but I'll give it a try. A friend has been on the look out for a hand gun for me. He suggested that I try this site. We'll see....

mgood613
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Signed up a few months ago, just starting to post. Better late than never.

firing9mm
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I like this community, very insightful information, and great to buy and sell guns too!

Firing9mm

Texas Brian
09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
I was shopping for a 25 06 and came upon your site

jgh4
09-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Have a couple friends as members. Thought I'd try it out.

ladunnkity
09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
followed a link from greatlakes4x4. looks like a great site so far.

samIam
10-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I learned of this site from the S&W forum and also a link from The Firing Line in Westland,MI.

Mountaineer
10-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Hello. Found the forums from a fellow Michigan gun owner posting at defensivecarry.com

RoadRunner71
10-11-2009, 06:52 AM
Google re: CPL requirements.

dansyl
10-14-2009, 09:41 AM
I discovered your site while searching the internet for firearms for sale.

ImAble2
10-14-2009, 04:37 PM
i found your site at "opencarry.org"

Will-IB-Ready
10-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Yep. Googled Michigan concealed carry, and stumbled across this great site.

Will-IB-Ready
10-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh, and I have been telling everyone about it ever since!

here2
10-20-2009, 06:40 PM
hey i heard about it on misportsman.com. ive been looking for a new duck hunting gun and thats why i joined

sjcootie
10-21-2009, 06:36 AM
This was linked by another post at MOAB Hunting.com I like this better

Niles Coyote
10-22-2009, 04:25 AM

Heard about you on michigan-sportsman.com

SB outdoors
10-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Hello. I took a CPL class last spring. Just started searching for a concealed carry and a current member told me about the site.

Christopher C
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm looking for home protection for me and the wife.

bigfun27
10-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Hello all I just hurd about you from Gander Mountian in Novi I asked them where I could sell my Kel-Tec PF9 and they said here

CaptnKirk
11-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I found MGO while doing a Google search for Michigan CPL laws and regulations. Glad I did, great site!

Captn---

aforton
11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello All,
A good friend told me about this site, he is on it offten searching for new items to buy. He turned me on to it, great site!

ChuckieTrout
11-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi to all; I learned of your organization from the ads I've seen in "Mich. OutOf Doors" magazine and finally decided to run the web site. As a native 'Michigander' who loves the North-woods & an NRA member all my life, it seemed the perfect fit!!

Bronson
11-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Brand new here, first post.

I learned about MGO from the Michigan Open Carry website.

Bronson

TRD
11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
I found this site with a Google search. It's now saved to my Favorites.

South_Shore
11-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone, I just recently found this site, despite being a resident of Michigan my entire life. My name is Steve, and I'm a proud Yooper. I'm from Ontonagon, which is way over on the western end of the U.P., on the shore of Lake Superior. I look forward to being a part of this site! :grin:

that guy
11-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone, I just recently found this site, despite being a resident of Michigan my entire life. My name is Steve, and I'm a proud Yooper. I'm from Ontonagon, which is way over on the western end of the U.P., on the shore of Lake Superior. I look forward to being a part of this site! :grin:

Hello neighbor and welcome

greenman41
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I found MGO through 'Woods-n-Water News'. Supporting others gun owners in my home state only seemed reasonable as I'm already dedicated to the preservation of the 2nd Amendment, an NRA member, firearms owner, and avid hunter and historian.

armed-aviator
11-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Googled it.

metro Detroit Area guy.

Fixit
11-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I googled on in from surfing the web for gun shows, private sales and so forth. I really never thought to join a site until I came upon this one. It attracted me and now I am glad I am here. Good luck with all future efforts put forth.

Fixit

papajoejr
11-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Found it by surfing the net.

mikes427
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
A friend who's a member told me about you. Joined to get info, look for guns for sale and find out about latest gun info and politics.

Paul_J._Nolan
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I have a question for you now. Where did you hear about us from?

Hi, my name is Paul Nolan and I live in Seattle, Wa., though I was born in Chicago and lived there for 45 years. I'm a divorced 62 year old salesman who owns three handguns (Kel-Tec P32, Makarov 9 mm. Mak, and a Ruger .22) and who is a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights. I was just wandering around the web perusing gun topics and sites when I came across your group. It looked like a nice place so I bookmarked it. I returned several times in the ensuing months, but tonight I registered so I could see a picture of a Mosin-Nagant for sale here. I really like military surplus firearms. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the future.

Paul

hamaneggs
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I saw mention of MGO on OC.org.

goose13
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
I found this place from a link posted on TFL

darkwing1a
12-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Just joined and looking forward to it.

jimbojr
12-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Hello and thanks for the good work.

I found MGO while searching the internet for a hand gun and came across a link to MGO with the thread. Joined to contact and here I am.

Bam_48192
12-09-2009, 04:42 AM
Hello everyone! I was actually referred to the site by the good people at S&P Guns & Ammo in Southgate.

Not much about me really. I ride sport bike on track and street, I am into amateur Rally and autocross racing. I am a collector of AK's and tactical weaponry. I have worked as LE and as military in the past. Now I am laid off and looking for a place to actually put my degree to use. I will have my Bachelor's in Business Admin. shortly.

I am somewhat of a survivalist as well. I always enjoy excursions into the wilderness with minimal equipment.

Anything else...just ask!

Fudd
12-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I noticed a post on another forum recommending the person, who was trying to sell a firearm, try their luck selling it on this forum.

It wasn't directed at me, but it ended up being quite a helpful recommendation regardless. I've already sold a couple items and I've only been a member for a couple days. This appears to be a good resource for a number of things beyond buying and selling too. Glad it was pointed out for me to find! =)

R945
12-15-2009, 09:02 PM
my work friend and hes shooting buddy told me abou the site, i checked it out and im A quick fan

noah.c.hardy
12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
i was talking with a member from another site about a trade and he mentioned this site.

Ted Hylek
12-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I live in Canadian Lakes Mich. Was looking to sell a rifle and someone mentioned MGO.and thought iI would loke into it.

ScottOst
12-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi, Just trying to figure out how to navigate this site. I ran across the site surfing, then it was recommended by a friend who has been an NRA instructor and ffl dealer for 30 years. I have been a shooter, collector and reloader almost all of my life. I strongly support the 2nd amendment and the right to carry concealed or open. Thanks for putting up a first rate site that Michiganders can be proud of supporting. ScottOst

suntz
12-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Friend at work told me about mgo when I was talking about selling some firearms, so I looked it up and joined. I'm on air rifle forums and love the info you get from other members, very educational.

Soupie
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I found it when I did a search in Google for "Monkey Grips". Thomas, from Wyoming has a set for sale on this site right now, and I looked more into it, and HERE I AM!

I can't believe I hadn't known about this!

Shalayko94
12-26-2009, 12:20 AM
heard about MGO over on gl4x4

lstevens1965
12-31-2009, 01:18 AM
I was just wondering around the internet and found the site, registered and here I am. Cool site I hope to get lots of info. from here!

dpgperftest
12-31-2009, 07:45 AM
heard about MGO from father in-law

markwg
12-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Just learned about this sight. Looks like an interesting site. I look forward to learning about what others have to say and sharing my thoughts. Years ago I went to school in Michigan. After a number of years I grew fond on the state and the people who live there. I am saddened with the current condition of Michigan and look forward to the day it regains its glory.

dpgperftest
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
WELCOME :woohoo1: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

slick2485
01-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi there...gun owner from the kalamazoo area here...just learning how to use the site so if anyone has helpful hints let me know...referred here by a friend.:bigun2:

Lam220
01-05-2010, 08:49 AM
I think i heard about it from officer.com.

6.5winmag
01-05-2010, 07:23 PM
i also googled michigan gun forums.
i tried it on yahoo,but it kept jumping me to retail sales.

dusty II
01-08-2010, 07:16 PM

google like a lot of others looking for guns for sale. New to this type website trying to learn.

Chadsghost
01-10-2010, 10:39 AM
I was told about this site by a shooting buddy.

HDDJT45
01-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Glad to be a part of the community. Been browsing the forums for about a year and finally felt compelled to contribute and register.

Thanks.

suzuki-guy
01-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Google! Was searching for CCw Laws

jbizel1
01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
I was searching for gun info and ran across the site and after reading some of the info I decided to join because of the overall feel of the website. MGO didnt try to make anyone feel stupid when the mods or administrator replied to posts or input their opinions.

tc scout
01-13-2010, 09:40 PM
A member on GBO posted the website address, so I came on over.
Liked the forum and joined up.

yipeeskipee
01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Google. I was searching for a 300 Savage bolt action and MGO was one of many sites I ended up reading. When I realized the site was all fellow Michiganders I had to join...sure beats shipping and FFL fees on gunbroker.com

Stefan Anderson
01-16-2010, 11:25 PM

I heard about MGO through a Google search.

BoilerWes
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Found MGO through a google search. I live in Indiana but spend time in MI mostly during the summer near Baldwin. For those of you interested, Indiana has a similar website (Indiana Gun Owners) that has lots of good info. Look forward to browsing your forums, set-up seems excellent and easy to use!

mudvr1212
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello fellow gun owners!

My name is Jeremy. I am 26 years of age and I just bought my first house in La Salle, Mi. I was born and raised in Monroe, so I didn't move far, unlike my brother whom moved to Las Vegas two years ago. I miss that man!
I learned about this site from the Michigan opencarry.org forum. I am all for the open carry of firearms. Although there are times where concealed is the most logical.
I have been around firearms since I was a kid when I received my first BB gun. Oh how I loved to shoot the sparrows on the bird feeder! I currently only own long guns but am about to pruchase my first handgun.

:flag: :thumbup: :flag:

Support our TROOPS!!!

inkbomb1968
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Heard from another brother about the potential of the site to inform, interact and even conduct business with other firearm owners. Super place to visit and enjoy so much that is offered from others who appreciate many of the same things.
I enjoy the opinions and being a single part of the greater community can always be a helpful experience! I hope that I can prove that my association is valuable like I have already seen in such a large abundance. Plus, it makes me laugh and reminds me that there is more to us owners than just war and destruction with what we choose to exercise in our rights as Americans.
Blessings to all!:pistols:

rack805
01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
A friend referred me to this site, I'm new to the CCW world and I feel like i need the knowledge and looking to buy if possible.

aquatic-archer
02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
[Learned of you through the open carry group.

cmr
02-05-2010, 09:56 PM

I heard about MGO from a friend of mine. He posts and lurks on here.

Silencer 8283
02-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I am Sean McClung but now I go by "Silencer" because I try to maintain a quiet disposition despite my size. LOL! My friend Jeff recommended looking this site up for information and the ability to aquire firearms. Currently, I am looking at a prospective job as an armored car driver and I need a .357 Magnum revolver for work. As a responsible CPL holder though, I want to know what is happening in the world I am in. What better place than a site that has the capacity for vast amounts of information. I look forward to talking to a lot of people and making new friends.

Sincerely with Kindest Regards,

Silencer

omega58
02-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Heard about this site through Michigan-sportsman.com

sku078
02-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Amember at our Sportsman Club told me about it.
What a great site!

Plazmabat
02-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi...I just joined today. Found out about you when I googled for information about Hunts with Double Range. Got a hit to your forum and read for hours on various topics, so I decided to join.

Jon

HemiChallenger
02-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Just joined, checking in.

dead_phish21
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Both a friend and my brother were talking about this site and gunbroker.com.

Magnum41
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to say hello to all. New as of this evening and found the site searching Google. Live in Chassell, Michigan and pleased to see the MGO community is available.

Look forward to interacting.....

Bill

dpgperftest
02-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Just wanted to say hello to all. New as of this evening and found the site searching Google. Live in Chassell, Michigan and pleased to see the MGO community is available.

Look forward to interacting.....

Bill
:welcome:

MotoPimp
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Was referef to the firearms for sale forum by my cousin.

mjs
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
i found out about mgo from a add placed on craigs list under sporting goods

fbuckner
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Welcme all the new folks we are glad to have you.

Will-IB-Ready
02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
:welcome: to MGO.

sonyarueb
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I heard about it from a salesman at Shooters Service in Livonia.

mel5051
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Came here from Open Carry.org and then saw MGO again on DefensiveCarry where I saw RugerGirl aka CougarGirl and came over became a forum member and yesterday became a full member.

Mel

GPintheMitten
03-01-2010, 11:27 PM
New here, hoping to learn from others here. I have a .357 magnum revolver but want an EDC gun and will apply for CCW. Thinking about the Kahr PM9 or similar for deep concealment.

BIGDADDY10494
03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
WAS GOOGLE SEARCHING MI. GUN RELATED LEGISLATION AND CAME ACROSS MICHIGAN GUN OWNERS.

beener
03-02-2010, 12:08 PM
i heard bout you trough a freind who was already a member

jaws1
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Google for me!

dessique
03-05-2010, 12:55 PM
google worked wonders on trying to find a way to check my CPL status online, I got a hit for MGO and browsed around for a bit.

Then I was reading something at defensivecarry.com and was told to look up "NickS" regarding my CPL status for WaCo.

MINI-14MAN
03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Actually I found INGO on the web and figured my homestate would have a simaliar site.I googled MGO and joined the same day.

justbehindit
03-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I was introduced to the forum by another member.

Gorp77
03-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Googled ya

CJR
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I found you with google, searching for michigan gun forums lol...

buckfever31
03-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Just wanted to say hello as a new member of MGO and glad to be here!!!

Ryan

mlanden
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Hello All...Thanks for the invitation to what looks to be a very friendly and enthusiastic group of members enjoying, and gaining the benefit of what this Forum has to offer. I have only lurked here briefly, and found this place to be well worth the investment of a membership. So here I am...

Little bit about myself; I am a Novice enthusiast in the Firearms world, and open minded to ingest ideals, as well as ideas. A Husband/Father for the second time with "6" children between myself and my Wife Jennifer. Skilled Trades in the manufacturing business is what I do. Everything outdoors is what I enjoy. Another pastime is strumming some notes on my Taylor 12 string.

I look forward to browsing the Forums and learning, as well as sharing where I think I can.

Thanks again...

Mickster
03-14-2010, 06:21 AM

I kinda stumbled into your websight via upcoming Michigan Gun Shows.

peted525
03-15-2010, 08:45 AM
I found the site on Google. Look forward to meeting a lot of Michigan Shooters.

Rocket88
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM
I was doing a search on CPL laws in Michigan.

TANKER
03-17-2010, 09:22 PM
I was searching for a 1941 Johnson and saw one referenced on your board. I'm a Vietnam Vet and enjoy collecting guns. I go by the handle of: "TANKER"

Bernie Metten
03-18-2010, 06:19 AM
A guy I was talking to at my CCW saftey class told me about it.
So far So good !!!!! Great Site

suesealu
03-20-2010, 01:56 AM
I was searching google for a michigan firearms forum of which I could become a member.

yostea
03-20-2010, 04:15 AM
same for me

Shadonipr
03-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I did a search on my Beretta Tomcat and found a link for MGO and several posts about the gun.

I bought it in December and love it, but just yesterday it started jamming on the second round. So, since I had bought it for its size and weight for a carry weapon and it wasn't working properly....I had to get another carry weapon until it could be fixed. So, I now own a Ruger LCP.

Daisy
03-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone
I have read the forums a bit in the past. Now I am getting serious about owning and using firearms. I have a cpl permit but I don't have a pistol yet. I am mostly interested in rifles as my ancestors made rifles and I think they are beautiful. Now I am retired :( , so hopefully more time. :)

so much to learn.

Looking forward.....

peted525
03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
I found MGO googling for Michigan CPL information.
Very glad I found the site. Have since Joined MGO.

fishnpbr
03-28-2010, 09:04 AM
A reference was made to this site on the Michigan-Sportsman Forum so here I am. I'm a long time gun owner/hunter but new to personal handgun ownership. I've acquired 3 hand guns in the last year or so and expect my CPL to come in early April. Looks like a lot of great info here.

broisaac
03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Google.... All hail google. :P

DogfoodActual
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Greetings all. My name is Stan from south Genesee Co. I'm active in ACTS organization, MDFI, high power shooter, and x-jarhead> (I know, no such thing).
I heard about MGO through the listed organizations I stated previously. Thanks for the welcome aboard.

Zyzzx
04-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello my name is Valdez. I live in Warren. I am a gun enthusiast as I like to shoot and enjoy the outdoors. I spend time with my son teaching and educating my son about guns. I am a Health and Life Producer. As in my line of work I educate people on how to save money on there Health care premiums. I look to this site to gain more education and information for me as I have a CPL and want to know my rights legally. Thank you and I plan on posting questions soon. Sorry if they sound dumb but better to ask than to pay the price for not asking.

neos22
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Been huntin and shootin scince I was 13. Allways had shotguns and rifles. Got my first pistol a few years ago. Bought 2 more in the last 20 days. Got one off Gunbroker this week, and my FFL suggested this site. Lookin forward to hangin out here.

Guenivar
04-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Michigan+Guns+Google=migunowners.org

cracker$
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I originally came acrossed MGO about a year ago while searching for firearm questions via Google. Also a couple co-workers are members here. Thanks.

m47dragon
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi...new guy here from the tip of the mit. I'd heard about this group from a co-worker, but didn't join up until I needed to find out about pistol registration requirements for Curio and Relic licensees.

gooseman
04-12-2010, 09:44 PM
heard about you from my neighbor, glad he told me...looks like a good place to be
Newbie from Macomb

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”

lawrence1l
04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
It says to tell you about myself. I am 58, WASP, conservative, stop just short of the Constitution being divinely inspired, big fan of Michigan author Russell Kirk, realize my wife is much smarter than I am.

Packingheat
04-17-2010, 11:47 AM
MGO
I have been lurking on this site for awhile now. bought some stuff off people but never have posted any thing until today. Like hunting, fishing and family. Thanks for the site, Matt (Packingheat)

Mr.Hobbs
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I think I was searching for questions about getting my CPL and google brought up this site. BTW how do I put my own avatar on my profile?

Smolsson
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
I found the link to this site on Top Guns Website under their Links section.

Ryan.u
04-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I found this site when i was looking up gun shops this morning, joined this afternoon! :sniper:

hopnpop
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
From my dad who's been a member for a while, and friends at Opencarry.Org

HoldHard
04-22-2010, 02:37 PM
this

HH

glock21
04-23-2010, 09:39 AM
I've been trying to find answers on why my Wayne county cpl is taking so long, and was brought to this forum.(Going on 5 months now).

glock34
04-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I found out about this site form a couple of friends. Checked it out. I like it!

jmeul55
04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
I was searching for handguns for sale in Michigan. I used Google for my search and your site came up. I'm new to MCO but I carried a handgun for many years up until about 10 years ago. My wife doesn't like them very much so I sold all but my over-under. My new business takes me to some ruff areas of Grand Rapids. I decided it was time to start carrying again. My wife still doesn't like it but I'm sure she will live with it, and now so will I.

rpartyka
05-06-2010, 06:40 PM
I heard about this forum by accident looking for a glock29 and came across our forum. I like it because it is in Michigan.

hopnpop
05-07-2010, 06:38 AM
I was searching for handguns for sale in Michigan. I used Google for my search and your site came up. I'm new to MCO but I carried a handgun for many years up until about 10 years ago. My wife doesn't like them very much so I sold all but my over-under. My new business takes me to some ruff areas of Grand Rapids. I decided it was time to start carrying again. My wife still doesn't like it but I'm sure she will live with it, and now so will I.

Kudos for weighing your right to self defense against your wife's discomfort. My wife didn't like it much at first, either, but it didn't take long for her to become accustomed to it. In fact, it didn't take long before she actually appreciated it and was thankful that I did/do. Now just waiting for her to feel ready to carry.

kspeakmo
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I was pointed in your direction by a gun dealer in Monroe. I had a question, or actually a rant, about getting my "purchas permit" and they told me to check-out your site. Glad I did. I'm new to this whole "forum" thing, so if I make mistakes please bare with me and I apologise in advance.

Dsully
05-07-2010, 11:05 AM
I heard of you from another member on another forum. He saw that ibwas from Michigan and told me to come here for answers to my questions. This place has been great. Thanks

scrapinby
05-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I found this site by a google search. I think I was looking for CCW info.

spikedawg
05-10-2010, 05:10 PM
i heard of this site from some of the people on moc

Excalibur
05-11-2010, 01:23 AM
I am a member of a Ruger forum and rec'd a tip from "Pyromike" to look into Michigan Gun Owner's forum since he and I both live in Michigan. I like what I see and hope to be here and enjoy it for a long time to come.

saint
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I am new to forums but looking to buy my first pistol. looking at glock 17&19. But welcome any advice

DocCasualty
05-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Google brought me here while trying to find out about the current pistol registration process.

aaron
05-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Hello all. Found your site from Google. Was looking for a handgun and wanted to browse, so I figured might as well sign up and say howdy. 39, 1 son who's 5 and wants a BB gun badly :fa: I told him maybe in a year or so.

WJK58
05-28-2010, 09:15 PM
hello,heard about your site on mi.sportsman.com.looks great

king.baller
06-06-2010, 02:19 AM
My brother told me about MGO .

Redneck
06-06-2010, 09:10 PM
I found this site from opencarry.org when I was researching MI carry laws.

srajala
06-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Google searching for Michigan gun rights groups. Glad to have found you

bullingball
06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I heard about this through word of mouth. A co-worker and I were talking about guns when we brought up Michigan Gun Owners.

reyno2ac
06-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I found your site through a recomendation on mp-pistol.com

TRoebs00
06-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I've been lurking on the site for a while, decided to finally join after a weekend of training with MDFI

72plyduster
07-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Looking for a ar15 m&p smith & wesson and a friend said i should check out your site so i decided to join.

bertwalker
07-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I was searching for CCW classes on Google and this was one site that popped up.