PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here do Michigan Glock Shoots?

KayL
02-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Does anyone here participate in Glock Shoots - GSSF?

If so, what can you tell me about them?

Are they fun?

Likes, dislikes??

wishn-i-was-fishn
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I have shot twice in the GSSF Outdoor match at LGC. 5 stages which are pretty standard. You can see the stage designs at www.gssfonline.com

The outdoor matches are by far the most prize rich. Lots of guns and money given out.

I haven't shot any indoor matches just due to scheduling conflicts. Indoor match league only gives away one gun in a drawing and you have to shoot at least two of the three matches in the series. COF is also on-line.

You have to be a memebr of GSSF to shoot but it is inexpensive ($35 ??)
and members can currently buy a new pistol at a substantial discount.

As far as the outdoor matches go, get there early, sign up at all the stages and then shoot. If you arrive late and just sign up at the stages one at a time as you walk up to them you can be in for a long day.

You can also shoot in several different classes to up your chances of winning.

Oh yes, you must shoot a Glock, no other manufacturer's pistols are allowed to compete.

wishn-i-was-fishn
02-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Also, at LGC they ususally have some kind of side matches going on(bowling pins, steel plate racks, etc) with cash prizes. I think you can shoot most anything, even non-Glock in the side matches.

KayL
02-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Danno. I just joined GSSF. $35 is correct.

I understand the LGC outdoor is in Sept sometime, correct?

I want to start with indoor since they are now thru spring. if I can make one or two that would be fun. It sounds like fun. Cool, free guns, free money... can't beat that. Got 2 Glocks now so I'm ready!!

wishn-i-was-fishn
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
You are correct the GSSF match at LGC is typically in Sept.

I just got a flyer from GSSF re: Firing Line's indoor league schedule. I don't have it here at work, but I am sure it is on-line and you can call Firing Line too.

I figure just about anytime behind the trigger is time well spent!!!:pistols:

KayL
02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Yup... I've been to the site and got the schedule (most still tentative) so all I need is to be able to make it to one. It should be fun. Especially with a friend!

I figure just about anytime behind the trigger is time well spent!!!
I figure that too, so had to get a Glock to get involved. Now look what I've started - a Glockinfection!

keyjockey
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
This year's GSSF match at LGC is scheduled for September 13th and 14th 2008.

This will be the third year that we've hosted the GSSF match. Glockers are a bunch of good people to shoot with. :biggrin:

KayL
02-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Great! Thanks, KJ. I might see you there or at one of the others.

For September, does one shoot both days or only one?

If you only shoot one, can you shoot both days if you want to?

keyjockey
02-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Most competitors only shoot one day, but some shoot both.
You can register for multiple divisions and shoot them as time permits. You pay for your initial registration and additional for each gun/division.

The usual scenario is:

The competitor arrives and registers for the division(s) they want to shoot

They visit each stage and put their names on the shooters list.

Once they decide what stage they want to shoot first, they announce to the official at that stage that they want to be squadded.

They then shoot the stage in the order that they were squadded and move on to the next.

You could register for many divisions and stretch it out over two days depending on how busy it is and your time schedule.

I know of at least one out-of-state competitor who makes a weekend of it. This guy is GOOD, and he shoots many divisions.

It should now be as clear as mud. :grin:

KayL
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
That's bass-ackward to how we do IDPA, so it will addle my brain at first.

keyjockey
02-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Its a different game.

Slower than IDPA and IPSC.

Its all stand and shoot. There is no run and gun.

I believe it was started to give people who just bought a Glock a place / game to shoot.

It has a large following and its all about points and prizes.