PDA

View Full Version : Got shot today!

Gary Johnson
02-23-2008, 07:54 PM
And man was it fun!

For those who haven't tried it, Live Safe Academy's Target Focused Shooting workshop is the most fun you'll ever have with several layers of clothing on.

You get to try all the things you've read about/trained for with airsoft guns. Screwups leave you stung but able to try again. Successes give you the biggest rush you can get without having to file a police report.

On March 15 they're going to show me what it's like to get my butt kicked by professionals. If you're interested in learning how to defend yourself in CEZs where you can't carry you need to sign up for their Unarmed Combat workshop. There's lots of slots left.

Contact the folks at www.livesafeacademy.com for details.

San_Marco_Training
02-23-2008, 08:01 PM
I learned more in this class than any other. This was as real as you can get to a real gunfight. Ian was very professional and organized. I liked how we jumped right into the hands on learning. I'm sick of lectures.
I met a few new people today that I'm sure will be seeing again.
I will recommend this class to all of my students.
Alice and I both took this class today. We both found out that what you think you will do isn't always what happens... but now we know how to train and be better prepared for the real thing.
-tim

Gary Johnson
02-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Kinda humbling when those BBs are bouncing off you.

Barrettone
02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
This is my all-time favorite class. Ian Kinder does a great job, and you really get your monies worth. There is no BS'ing around, and it is all business...yet fun. You really know where you stand after this one. After you get hit the first time, it is GAME ON!!! You try hard as you don't want to lose...it hurts!!! I dished it out, and had some dished out to me. This is as close as you can get to getting in a real gunfight IMO. It is truly intimidating and gets your heart a pumpin' when you are squared off with 4 adversaries and you need to bust a move. You learn to create angle and distance fast. I cannot wait for the unarmed combat module next month. I truly believe in the doctrines Ian & Co. preaches, and we will definitely be doing another training series wth Livesafe!!! It is a great value when you can get this level of training at these prices. I have paid way more to get waaaaay less. Time to go and ice my wounds!!!

San_Marco_Training
02-23-2008, 09:55 PM
It's a real eye-opener. When we had to make the 911 call after the shootings, I could barely remember my name. Tunnel vision, memory loss, critical decision making, all the stuff we learn about in the CCW class, was reality today. When the spaghetti hits the fan, theres a darn good chance you're going to take a hit. It might be in the arm or leg, but it won't be in the heart. Everything that Ian taught us was right out of the real shootings and how they happened. Some guy comes up asking the time, and BLAM! No time for sights. Did anyone even think about the 2 in the Chest 1 in the Head theory? Hell no, you saw the gun and emptied it on the bad guy's gun hand REAL fast. I never thought I could shoot that fast and accurate under stress.
The only way they could improve the course is to use pellets made of candy so when we're getting blasted, it will taste better...
-tim