PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fishing spots

BMT85
04-27-2013, 12:08 AM
My brother, my buddies, and I are trying to get back into fishing, but need locations somewhat close to home. We've been to Stoney twice this past week and only pulled a 27" pike. My one buddy fought a fish (we think a bass) for about a minute, but it got loose. Other that, nothing, not even nibbles. We were thinking about trying St. Clair Metro Park, but need other suggestions. We are trying for more panfish, but will take bass, pike, catfish, and walleye, without really thinking twice. Also, we don't have access to a boat at the moment, so shorefishing only.

Night time fishing was also discussed alot because we all have a better chance of getting together more often. I remember going night time fishing with an old friend, but haven't seen talked to him in over 5yrs. It was located somewhere around Selfridge, I want to say it had a small pier? Anyone have a clue on that one?

mikethepike
04-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Contact these guys on your side of town. Great store with informative helpful peeps with all the stuff and pointers of where to go. Nice store as well:poke:

http://www.sportsmensdirect.com/home/index.php

TomE
04-27-2013, 10:29 AM
My shooting/fishing buddy lives 1/4 mile from there, next to the water plant.

bscult01
04-29-2013, 02:41 PM
I like West Grahmm Lake in the Bald Mt. rec area. It's in the north east section. There are a ton of blue gills, some perch, large mouths, and pike. It's a smaller lake but you can get in to some decent shore spots. There is also a fishing dock right where you park. Best part is there usually aren't too many people there.

TomE
04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Minnichs Boats on Harsens Island. The old lady if alive will give you the scoop.
810-748-3400

Magnum Man
04-29-2013, 05:40 PM
My brother, my buddies, and I are trying to get back into fishing, but need locations somewhat close to home. We've been to Stoney twice this past week and only pulled a 27" pike. My one buddy fought a fish (we think a bass) for about a minute, but it got loose. Other that, nothing, not even nibbles. We were thinking about trying St. Clair Metro Park, but need other suggestions. We are trying for more panfish, but will take bass, pike, catfish, and walleye, without really thinking twice. Also, we don't have access to a boat at the moment, so shorefishing only.

Night time fishing was also discussed alot because we all have a better chance of getting together more often. I remember going night time fishing with an old friend, but haven't seen talked to him in over 5yrs. It was located somewhere around Selfridge, I want to say it had a small pier? Anyone have a clue on that one? I think you may be talking about Brandenburg Park on Jefferson between 21 and 23 mile rd. There is also a boat launch and public access at the end of Hall Rd. (M-59).

BMT85
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Going to start looking into them.

Magnum Man- You may be right. It's been a few years but it's close enough to that area. Gonna have to check it out.

TomE
04-30-2013, 07:10 AM
I used to get some gills and sunfish off the end of the Brandenberg Pier, I ASSUME the water is very shallow this year.

Did you know there's a old baseball diamond out front, just off the pier?

A decent spot for perch and bass is the end of the Clinton River, in front of the DNR building at the end of South River Rd.

The cut going out to the lake from the Hall Rd access is decent for crappie in the spring

The mouth of the Black Creek at Lacque Sainte Claire is where some Wallys can be caught in a few weeks.Cast off the bank into the creek and retrieve a body bait, or just chuck out a crawler and a bobber