Target Focused Shooting
Force on Force
Instructor: IAN KINDER
Sunday April 13
8:30AM-5:30PM
$125

Limited to CPL Holders, Law Enforcement, and Military Personnel

www.livesafeacademy.com

"This TFS workshop will teach you how to shoot effectively under realistic conditions. Most assaults are spontaneous, high stress, low light, close range and quick. The statistical norm is to be attacked by one to three assailants, multiple assailants being the rule not the exception. The majority of gunfights begin within 5', most of these begin within 2'. The vast majority of gunfights begin within 10'. Under these circumstances, you need combat proven methods that are based on physiological and psychological responses to survival stress, gross motor movements, natural / common motor skills and real world conditions like rapid movement.

In addition to the skill development inherent to all firearm-training programs, this program will incorporate interactive, man-on-man shooting exercises using protective gear and Gas-Blowback Airsoft training guns. You will also have an opportunity to participate in combat simulations, allowing you to test your skill and judgment against interactive assailants under realistic conditions."

AirSoft Equipment Rental Available
If you do not already have a Semi-Auto CO2 SoftAir pistol, you may rent the equipment for $15 (gun, gas, and ammo)

19999 Dix-Toledo Rd.
Brownstown, MI

How To Register
Class size is limited.
Payment in full is required to reserve your spot.
You can register at our website or by phone.

www.sanmarcotraining.com
1-877-719-5976

Rolex Dr.
03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Free Bump LONG

i have not taken a class by Tim, YET, but hopefully in the near future

but for anyone serious about carrying a gun this type of training is MUST HAVE

as a long time CPL holder, and a reserve deputy, and a self procalimed gun geek, we all think we are prepared with our gun

well 99% are not

when the SHTF you will see how fast you fumble

in most classes there is fumble but no one is shooting back, in a force on force you mis draw, grip you DIE (well not for real) but damn pellets sting enough not to want it to happen again

I have had please of shooting many, many training courses and the FATS system,

best in my eyes was force on force

when you are doing building sweeps and wham a buddy pops you in the back because you missed something you wake up in a hurry

I did 3 of these classes 1 was airsoft, 1 was paintball (uses the funky paintball guns) 1 was simmunations (i shot my real glock)

kinda freaky to point my gun at a person and pull the trigger

I highly recommend it to everyone

JD

San_Marco_Training
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I edited the original post to make notice that Ian Kinder is teaching the class.
We took the class with Ian a few weeks ago and have been excited about bringing him in to teach at our facility. We are just handling the administrative side of the class.
I have a long list of recommended instructors I am waiting to learn from, but I already know I will be returning to Live Safe for more classes.
This particular class made us look at the way we train and get our priorities in check real fast. We've decided here to bring the airsoft training into our personal practices as well as introduce it to our class roster soon.
Want to experience "Body Alarm Reaction" and all its symptoms? This is where you get it. If anything, it was the most fun I had in any 8 hour class.
Thanks for your input!

Rolex Dr.
03-11-2008, 12:05 PM
i did not even notice who the instructor is/was

Ian is a great instructor, i have met him once but never taken his classes

i just wanted to give my perception of the type of class

i think it should be a requirement for the CPL

Barrettone
03-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Amen...I agree.

San_Marco_Training
03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Just got my air guns in.. we ordered 2 Glock 17's. they don't have the XD's (yet). The one thing I didn't have a chance to really check on class day was grouping. Wow! These things are much more accurate than the crap you buy at Dunham's. Oh, and the rule of "know your target and whats beyond" fully applies here. They'll shoot through a box and the next box, and so on. I can already tell I'm going to be ordering green gas by the case. Now I can practice a lot of exercises that can be done without going all the way to the range.
The Target Focused Shooting course really made a lot of sense. It put me into a fast-paced, unplanned, surprise attack and let me see for myself my own reactions and actions.
Although the importance for sights and all the elements for good shooting are stressed, this course also hit on the importance of being able to perform when all of your comforts are lost.
Anyway, here's the fun stuff!!!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/clubtim/P1010084.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/clubtim/P1010082.jpg

Rolex Dr.
03-13-2008, 05:22 PM
the air soft gun where do you buy and how much

i never looked in to them but it may be worth it

San_Marco_Training
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
JD, I'm in Sterling Heights. If you ever have a few free minutes, I'd be glad to let you see one of the guns in person. I got mine from a company called AirSplat. Barrettone told me about them. Mine were $120. You can get the full auto version for about 10 bucks more.
http://www.airsoft.com