PDA

View Full Version : NRA store out of business?

Gary Johnson
03-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Now I know why the PPIH kits I ordered haven't shown up.

Dear NRA Trainer:
Due to circumstances beyond NRA's control, a disruption in the availability of all training materials and other NRA products ordered from the NRA Program Materials Center has occurred and may exist for an indefinite period.
We regret that we cannot provide more specific time information. We will provide further information as it becomes available to us. Please be patient. With over 55,000 trainers, we will not be able to personally discuss the status of the situation with you. We fully understand and share your concern, and we regret the inconvenience to you and the NRA.
Sincerely,
Charles H. Mitchell
Manager
NRA Training Department

I have a class Saturday and might be 1 or 2 kits short. Anyone got extras they'd be willing to lend/sell?

San_Marco_Training
03-18-2008, 08:17 AM
We came across the same thing yesterday... We were going to wait just a couple of days to see if it wasn't a problem with the building or something. Maybe the phone or computer systems there were damaged by a storm.. who knows.
I'm short on certificates. I have a stack of certs that need to be exchanged.
I called to get the address to send them in and was given the message, so I e mailed them and got the same response.

dougwg
03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Kinkos :shrugs:

wishn-i-was-fishn
03-18-2008, 09:48 AM
This is what I currently understand from communications I have had with NRA HQ.

The third party vendor business the NRA used for course materials has either been sold or has just simply ( and suddenly) gone out of business. Basically they turned off the lights, phone, computer, locked the doors and walked away. NRA HQ was given little to no notice and is in the process of developing and implementing a solution as quickly as possible, but it is too soon to be able to state when a materials center will be up and running again.

As I receive additional updates I will post them here.

karcent
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
You'd think with all the crap that they print, they would have their own printing division.......and a paper mill.

cliffd
03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
You would think that they would at least have a decent business interruption or disaster recovery plan in place. Hope they learned their lesson.

fbuckner
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I ordered packets 2weeks ago and last thursday or friday ours came in.

You CAN copy the tests and the class survey that did come from NRA HQ last fall. As most instructors already have extra books the only issue is with the certs.

San_Marco_Training
03-18-2008, 06:40 PM
I wonder what the policy is NOW for certificates. Does it HAVE to be (for the gun boards) an original from the NRA? That guy that is teaching the Sig class prints his own and no one has a problem with it.

fbuckner
03-18-2008, 07:03 PM
You will hear some say you cant but the NRA cant stop it unless they can promise we will have material before our classes. I know of someone who had some printed at staples and there were no issues. Non of the loose paper is copyrighted the books are however. Im glad I got my order in im covered for awhile

San_Marco_Training
03-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Of course the NRA would say you had to use an original. They charge $1.50 to exchange them if your printer eats one or you spell someones name wrong. (or the ones who tell you AFTER the class they are a Jr.)
I don't think we would have a problem from the NRA right now in this case.
I'm starting to worry about a BIG class I have in April. I have enough books and tests to keep me going for my normal classes but I hope they have this all corrected soon.

detroit9mm
03-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I asked the clerk if they needed an original or copy and they said a copy. If you give your students a copy that would probably work for Wayne County anyway. The NRA is in a weak position to argue right now, especially since they want every one of your students to become members. I know when I took my class my cert. was delayed almost two weeks and I was not real happy.

antigunnut
03-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I do call me