PDA

View Full Version : NRA PPITH Students Materials for Sale

Live Safe Academy
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
We have over 100 student kits, most of which we would like to sell. We will sell each kit for $10.oo even, plus any shipping cost if applicable. By kit, I’m referring to the student book and brochures.

Please note that we are not selling the certificates. We lost certificates over the years due to printing errors, student replacements and even one ugly coffee incident, and never bothered to replace them. What certificates we do have left we want to keep for the kits we don’t sell, and to have on hand to service students who need replacements. It’s my understanding that instructors will be printing certificates out of necessity anyways, so hopefully our kits can still be helpful.

You can contact us via the information in my signature below.

Thank you.

Live Safe Academy
03-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Someone brought a misunderstanding to our attention. We are not looking for one person to buy all of our kits. We are making them available to anyone who wants them, regardless of how few you want. And yes, these are the NRA kits that instructors provide to students in the Personal Protection in the Home course (minus the certificates, which apparently instructor will need to start printing anyways since the NRA has put an infinite hold on them). You can make arrangements to pickup the kits in person or have us mail them to you.

Thank you to everyone who has contacted us.

Trebor
03-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Ian,

Do you still have the damaged or unuseable certificates?

The NRA will replace certs for $1.50 each, as long as you send in the damaged or unuseable cert.

I'd be interested in buying some kits, as long as they had damaged certs that I could trade in one for one with the NRA for good certs. (Yeah, I'd have to wait until they are back in stock. I know that)

But, kits without certs aren't nearly as useful.

Live Safe Academy
03-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Ian,

Do you still have the damaged or unuseable certificates?

The NRA will replace certs for $1.50 each, as long as you send in the damaged or unuseable cert.

I'd be interested in buying some kits, as long as they had damaged certs that I could trade in one for one with the NRA for good certs. (Yeah, I'd have to wait until they are back in stock. I know that)

We might. To be honest, I’m not sure. My guess is that we kept them to exchange in the future. If we can provide certificates, we’ll need to verify instructor status first. We can sell the book and brochures to anyone but obviously, we have a responsibility to restrict certificates to authorized persons.

How many kits are you looking to buy Trebor?

Live Safe Academy
03-21-2008, 11:08 AM

If an instructor has even one certificate, they print as many as they need at almost no cost. Particularly if they can scan them into a computer and print them themselves. Obviously, this wouldn’t be recommended under normal conditions but right now, there doesn’t seem to be much of an option.

In regard to the books and brochures however, you either have them or you don’t. So, if you have a ten person class but only three kits, it seems to make sense to buy the kits and print the certificates. I understand and respect your perspective of course, and we'd sell them if we had them, but this seems to be a reasonable solution under the circumstances.

Trebor
03-21-2008, 07:02 PM
I need to check how many kits I have on hand. We just moved and I need to find the box they are packed in.

I think another 10 or 15 would be enough. Let me get back to you.

Gary Johnson
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Took delivery of 20 kits yesterday. The books are current edition, identical to 10 I received from NRA last week.

Get 'em before they're all gone. Might be a while before NRA gets their supplier issues straightened out.

Live Safe Academy
03-23-2008, 12:05 PM
All of the kits that we had available have been sold.

Thank you.