PDA

View Full Version : MGO / MOC / MCRGO Coalition Picnic, Kensington Metropark, THIS SATURDAY.

zigziggityzoo
05-28-2013, 08:47 AM
For full information, see here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/587316787945398/

MCRGO, MOC and MGO will host our first picnic of the year at the Playfied East shelter of Kensington Metro Park. Please RSVP if you intend to come. We'd appreciate it if you could bring a dish to pass along with your own eating utensils and beverage.

CLICK HERE TO RSVP (http://mcrgo-moc-oakland-county-bbq-fb.eventbrite.com)

RSVP so they know how much food to cook.

This is RAIN or SHINE.

Jackam
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
MOC, MGO, and MCRGO will be providing brats, buns, condiments, plates, napkins, and "pop" (AKA Soda). Please bring a friend or two and a dish to pass, along with your eating own eating utensils.

The lawful open carry (or concealed carry w/ license) of a handgun is encouraged, though not required.

Please bring no alcoholic beverages to the BBQ.

Free Brats! :)

NickS
05-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Since I don't use "facebook" I guess I won't be getting any of this info. Too bad. :poed: :sad:

dougwg
05-28-2013, 05:11 PM
[When]
Saturday, June 1, 2013
[Time]
12:00pm until 2:00pm

Chance of a Thunderstorm 84°F / 61°F
[Description]
MCRGO, MOC and MGO will host our first picnic of the year at the Playfied East shelter of Kensington Metro Park. Please RSVP if you intend to come. We'd appreciate it if you could bring a dish to pass along with your own eating utensils and beverage.

PLEASE RSVP FOR THIS EVENT THROUGH EVENTBRITE: http://mcrgo-moc-oakland-county-bbq-fb.eventbrite.com/#

MOC, MGO, and MCRGO will be providing brats, buns, condiments, plates, napkins, and "pop" (AKA Soda). Please bring a friend or two and a dish to pass, along with your eating own eating utensils.

The lawful open carry (or concealed carry w/ license) of a handgun is encouraged, though not required.

Please bring no alcoholic beverages to the BBQ.

Kensington Metro Park
2240 W Buno Rd, Milford, Michigan 48380-4410

Magnum Man
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm glad this has been worked out and MGO has been included. However the email I recently recieved from MOC did not include MGO.

right2bear
05-28-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm glad this has been worked out and MGO has been included. However the email I recently recieved from MOC did not include MGO.

Yep... MGO must of gotten a last second invitation to this, as just two days ago MGO was not part of it on the FB post, nor my emails.

Backwoodz
05-28-2013, 05:44 PM
It would have to fall on a weekend the daughter has a district champion softball tournament plus scheduled for me to work my public job...:roll:
JACK have one of those Brats for me.

Magnum Man
05-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Yep... MGO must of gotten a last second invitation to this, as just two days ago MGO was not part of it on the FB post, nor my emails.
Better late than never I guess.

dougwg
05-28-2013, 06:30 PM
stuff happens guy, lets move on

Made_in_Michigan
05-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Better late than never I guess.

Well said.

(Last year it would have been never. This is indeed a step in the right direction.)

Barrettone
05-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Yep Guys...water under the bridge. I'll be there, and I hope to see a LOT of you there as well. Fun will be had by all!!! Get off yer butt and come on out!!!

Wolvee
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
:stooges:

M&P40guy
05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Hopefully you guys and your family have a great day out there all working for one common goal. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I have to work Saturday since I had yesterday off, and my daughters are being installed as senior and junior princess at the local Jobs bethel!

zigziggityzoo
05-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Quit acting like Children. Feel free to disparage MCRGO on another thread. This one is about a picnic this weekend.

Smokepole
05-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Quit acting like Children. Feel free to disparage MCRGO on another thread. This one is about a picnic this weekend.
Ok, it's about the picnic, then.

How did it happen that this picnic with MCRGO was arranged?

Did MGO initiate this, or did MCRGO?

...And, what are the expectations?

flstc97
05-29-2013, 12:00 PM

...And, what are the expectations?MOC's Q ball was trying to mediate a week or so ago maybe this is his doing?

zigziggityzoo
05-29-2013, 12:02 PM

...And, what are the expectations?

That'd be a question for the BoD.

I, as forum administrator, was directed to make a posting and put the picnic in the marquee at the top. I did as much.

I believe the expectations are that we have some people out to the park and have a good time amongst friends, and maybe bring a dish to pass.

Smokepole
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
That'd be a question for the BoD.

I, as forum administrator, was directed to make a posting and put the picnic in the marquee at the top. I did as much.

I believe the expectations are that we have some people out to the park and have a good time amongst friends, and maybe bring a dish to pass.
Fine, I'm going there with the issue, now.
...Thanks for the reply.

PhotoTom
05-29-2013, 12:07 PM
New thread for leadership/org questions regarding this event (MGO Members Only):

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248548

- Admin

RSF
05-29-2013, 12:21 PM
I talked to Jeff

Moc and Mcrgo where doing this

Then this org got involved due to the org ties to moc
I see where there loyalties are use our forum but go to mcrgo

Barrettone
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
I talked to Jeff

Moc and Mcrgo where doing this

Then this org got involved due to the org ties to moc
I see where there loyalties are use our forum but go to mcrgo

Definitely a mis-step, but I think we are on the same page now...so who's bringing the potato salad? LOL

RSF
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Not me cause they won't like my questions

Barrettone
05-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Not me cause they won't like my questions

Yer cute when yer angry...Ya little Huggy Bear!!!:heart: :pip: :chip: :grouphug:

RSF
05-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Yer cute when yer angry...Ya little Huggy Bear!!!:heart: :pip: :chip: :grouphug:

Recall what happened last time I was like that That lady at class cried

Barrettone
05-30-2013, 06:00 AM
Recall what happened last time I was like that That lady at class cried

Meanie-head.

zigziggityzoo
05-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Bump. This is tomorrow. RSVPs are closed, but oyu can still come. Just bring your own food.

tedalton
06-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Kensington is a big park. Do we have a pavilion name or some other way to know where in the park we're going?

zigziggityzoo
06-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Kensington is a big park. Do we have a pavilion name or some other way to know where in the park we're going?

Playfied East shelter

tedalton
06-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks Zig. Did I just miss that posted somewhere? It's still kinda early for me for a Sat.

Edit:
Nvm, I'm an idiot this morning, I just looked at the OP again and saw it

SeeTee
06-01-2013, 08:35 AM
To quote Directions from the face bookpage;
Terri May Stocke

DIRECTIONS TO PLAYFIELD EAST: Exit I-96 at Kent Lake Road, exit 153. Follow signs into the park; continue through the park on the main road. Once you reach a traffic circle, turn to the left (sign says “main park area”). Go past the Park Office, the road leading to Playfield is the only road on your left; it is Route #4. Playfield East, shelter “D”, is the first shelter on the right. It is located right after ballfield #1.

bradymsu
06-01-2013, 04:21 PM
MCRGO originally scheduled this picnic for supporters of MCRGO/Facebook. In April, Michigan Open Carry asked to join in this event in exchange for letting us join in their Lansing picnic in mid-July. We agreed. About three weeks ago, MOC initiated a discussion with MGO to include MGO in this event and MCRGO happily accepted. MCRGO paid for 50% of the cost of the picnic today and MGO and MOC split the remaining cost. MGO members are more than welcome to the Lansing picnic. You're also welcome to pro-gun picnics at Grand Rapids and St. Ignace later this year. Expect to see many more events in the future jointly hosted by our three organizations. If you're looking for conflict, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action are expanding in Michigan and are more than happy to oblige. But they're going to take more effort than what can be accomplished behind a keyboard.

-Brady, MCRGO

Barrettone
06-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Some pics from the event:

#1 Kids doing keg stands.
#2 Left to right...Brady Schickinger (MCRGO Legislative Director), Phil Hoffmeister (MOC President), Jeff LaFave (MGO President)
#3 Between 50 and 60 people turned out for the event!!!

This was a very nice cross-section from all 3 organizations. It was nice to see how many had memberships with 2 of, if not all 3 groups. Everybody got to meet and talk guns, enjoy some great food, sign petitions, and the kids even got into the act too. I am glad I got to meet all these fine folks, and look forward to doing it again some time!!!

TheQ
06-01-2013, 05:11 PM

Which email? What was the date on it?

TheQ
06-01-2013, 05:14 PM

MGO was invited shortly after the blow up. The EventBrite page was updated immediately, as was the MOC Facebook Page Event.

If one place was missed with regards to updating-- it's hard to keep track of all the places we post and publish things. It was inadvertent.

We cannot control when MGO's staff post this thread. They were invited early/mid May (May 13th, to be exact).

As are they participating in the Ingham County event. I'm not sure why that one hasn't been posted yet? Ask Zig or Jeff LaFave.

TheQ
06-01-2013, 05:15 PM
MOC's Q ball was trying to mediate a week or so ago maybe this is his doing?

It was.

TheQ
06-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Will someone please post this event so myself, MOC, MCRGO, etc. don't get blamed for inviting MGO at the last minute when in fact they were invited on 5/13?

mcrgo-moc-ingham-county-bbq-mgo.eventbrite.com/

Barrettone
06-01-2013, 05:18 PM
MGO was invited shortly after the blow up. The EventBrite page was updated immediately, as was the MOC Facebook Page Event.

If one place was missed with regards to updating-- it's hard to keep track of all the places we post and publish things. It was inadvertent.

We cannot control when MGO's staff post this thread. They were invited early/mid May (May 13th, to be exact).

As are they participating in the Ingham County event. I'm not sure why that one hasn't been posted yet? Ask Zig or Jeff LaFave.

Haven't received the Ingham info yet. Zig was busy, and todays event didn't post for a few days after I notified him (I was late geting it to Zig as well). We will get Ingham event up right away once I have the information. Today was great, and I look forward to doing more!!!

Barrettone
06-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Will someone please post this event so myself, MOC, MCRGO, etc. don't get blamed for inviting MGO at the last minute when in fact they were invited on 5/13?

mcrgo-moc-ingham-county-bbq-mgo.eventbrite.com/

I'm on it...

TheQ
06-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Haven't received the Ingham info yet. Zig was busy, and todays event didn't post for a few days after I notified him (I was late geting it to Zig as well). We will get Ingham event up right away once I have the information. Today was great, and I look forward to doing more!!!

http://mcrgo-moc-ingham-county-bbq-mgo.eventbrite.com/

TheQ
06-01-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm on it...

Cool

Barrettone
06-01-2013, 05:28 PM
It's up under announcements.

Magnum Man
06-01-2013, 06:02 PM
I'll have to check and see if I saved it.

Magnum Man
06-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Just curious, where does one get a keg of root beer? Is it good?

right2bear
06-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Kegged Root beer?:scratch: Well then, I'm in!!!

Magnum Man
06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
It was an email titled "Upcoming Events", the date was 5-27-2013 the day before my post.

right2bear
06-01-2013, 06:29 PM
It was an email titled "Upcoming Events", the date was 5-27-2013 the day before my post.

Ditto

zigziggityzoo
06-01-2013, 06:35 PM

Local party stores can get one for me with about a week's notice.

It's made by Sprecher's in Wisconsin, and is quite good. I had one at my housewarming party a few years back for root beer floats.

Magnum Man
06-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Local party stores can get one for me with about a week's notice.

It's made by Sprecher's in Wisconsin, and is quite good. I had one at my housewarming party a few years back for root beer floats.
I'm going to have to try it now that it's piqued my interest.

TheQ
06-02-2013, 04:29 AM

One if our volunteers sends those email and neglected to change the title (we host many, many events in comparison to other orgs -- sometimes when details get changed after they are first published we forget to update them in EVERY published location. We prefer to avoid changing details, in part for this reason). I apologize for the oversight. MGO had been included by that point as evidence by the title change logged on our Facebook event page.

Magnum Man
06-02-2013, 04:58 AM
One if our volunteers sends those email and neglected to change the title (we host many, many events in comparison to other orgs -- sometimes when details get changed after they are first published we forget to update them in EVERY published location. We prefer to avoid changing details, in part for this reason). I apologize for the oversight. MGO had been included by that point as evidence by the title change logged on our Facebook event page.
Yes, I understand what happened now, no big deal. I was just making an observation.

popsx3
06-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Some pics from the event:

#1 Kids doing keg stands.

Let me preface this with I PERSONALLY DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT without any knowledge of this picnic i found this photo being BLASTED on facebook. took about 2 minutes to find it here on MGO, not sure it was the best pic to post from an open carry picnic. Shared by "open and concealed carry laws" facebook page from John Patrick. (i don't have 10 posts otherwise i would just post the url.)

dougwg
06-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I think that photo needs to be gone....

Barrettone
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Jeeeeez Louise...it say's "Root Beer" in BIG LETTERS under it. If anybody has a problem with that photo, given that disclaimer, I would have to seriously question their mental capacity. I do not feel in any way that it casts gun rights people in a bad light. It is both humorous and innocent.

My .02

Jackam
06-05-2013, 04:55 PM
The photo seems kinda redneck to me.

dougwg
06-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Jeeeeez Louise...it say's "Root Beer" in BIG LETTERS under it. If anybody has a problem with that photo, given that disclaimer, I would have to seriously question their mental capacity. I do not feel in any way that it casts gun rights people in a bad light. It is both humorous and innocent.

My .02
So it would be ok if he was snorting lines of sour powdered sugar if there's a sign?

It's not his actions but what his actions represent.

Do as you wish.

Barrettone
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Deleted

TheQ
06-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Here's what I saw from the photo (I took it):

A father having fun with his son at a picnic. I'll note:

1. There are no guns visible in the picture.
2. This was a father/son team -- obviously the father is okay with his son's activities.

Who am I to judge? They were both having fun.

If I was worried about what the liberals would think, I wouldn't open carry -- hell, I wouldn't even take my gun out of the safe -- ever.

scottzcamaro
06-06-2013, 07:28 PM
If I was worried about what the liberals would think, I wouldn't open carry -- hell, I wouldn't even take my gun out of the safe -- ever.

LOL