PDA

View Full Version : accessories....

country_boy
03-21-2008, 03:24 PM
I have a new Taurus Millenium Pro. .40 S&W. I cant seem to find ANY accessories for this gun. Even looking at the taurus website, I cant even find this gun the way i have it (Tan/black).:wtf: There are no channels under the barrel for a light or laser.

One gunsmith said I could get a laser that mounts to the trigger guard,:confused: however this gun is going to be my carry gun, and i dont want to knock the laser around every time i holster the gun.

Any ideas?

thanks. Kory:pistols:

Gary Johnson
03-21-2008, 03:53 PM
You don't want a light/Laser on a personal defense gun. The light is useless unless you want to point a loaded gun at something you haven't identified yet and a Laser slows you down.

Learn how to shoot one handed with the light in your support hand. Much faster and allows searching without pointing guns at things that shouldn't be pointed at (like cops and family members).

That said, a Laser is an outstanding tool for practicing trigger control. You're good when you can pull the trigger without making the dot jump.

country_boy
03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
thanks gary. Ill try the trigger guard laser for practice only and work on the flash light in the second hand.

vintagemc313
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Not sure about too many accessories, but I wasn't happy with the Heinie Straight Eight sights, especially in low light. I have a Taurus 24/7, but I think they make it for yours. The company is PT Night Sights. They sell tritium sights which glow even in pitch dark. They're guaranteed for life, and they have been in business for over 25 years. And I don't even work for them, just happy with the product.