PDA

View Full Version : Any musky fishermen?

ToothTamer
06-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Anybody go out for the ski opener today? Went two for 3 47" and 49" casting anyone else do good out there?

langenc
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
MI fisherman should get a musky tag when buying fishing license... You never know.

Look at those fellows in NW MI last year that caught the monster.

TomE
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
MI fisherman should get a musky tag when buying fishing license... You never know.

Why, ya can't eat 'em? :coolgleam: With the Bacteria BS with them, they's not coming aboard unless they's 70":freak: Even then, not likely

langenc
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I wouldnt eat em either but might want to put em on the wall.

TomE
06-28-2013, 04:43 PM
15 years ago I would have too, but I didn't have the spare cash since it all went for boat gas and fishing tackle. The fish were biting also.

mfytczyk
06-28-2013, 11:11 PM
I have tried my luck around west mi lakes still coming up short on hooking one have seen several in lower crooked and bankson but have not hooked into one yet turning into fish of 100,000 casts :crazy:

ToothTamer
06-30-2013, 02:10 AM

This year you allowed 1 musky via tag on purchase of license.
For me its more or less catching the trophy of a lifetime I would never eat a ski with all the bacteria in its meat. Thats what those delicious eyes are for. I will tell anyone getting into casting any body of water for skis its one of tb best feelings there is seeing a 50"+ fish hammering your bait boatside. Gurantee anyone thats a fisherman but not into musky lands one over 45" will be hooked for awhile.

24ever
06-30-2013, 12:52 PM
A couple dedicated "musky" fishing trips years back convinced me to pass or forgo musky only fishing trips. Those rascals seem to find my crawler harnesses faster when I'm fishing for walleye and never while targeting them.

Why spend $15.00 to $30.00 each for hard baits that only musky hit? One musky in the boat this year, one broke off before landing, and a third suspected musky break off while fishing for walleye so far. Exciting to hook, fun (or sometimes frustrating) to fight, rewarding to boat, especially mount size, and challenging safe releases.

24ever
06-30-2013, 01:01 PM
This year you allowed 1 musky via tag on purchase of license.
For me its more or less catching the trophy of a lifetime I would never eat a ski with all the bacteria in its meat. Thats what those delicious eyes are for. I will tell anyone getting into casting any body of water for skis its one of tb best feelings there is seeing a 50"+ fish hammering your bait boatside. Gurantee anyone thats a fisherman but not into musky lands one over 45" will be hooked for awhile.

Well, you are almost right. My first "landed" keeper length musky is mounted to the wall. I know there are many who will hurl disparaging comments about mounting a 48" musky instead of releasing it but that worm fed rascal really asked for a ride home. That said, I do not target musky, they just stop by every now and again for a bite to eat.

nate132004
07-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Anyone see this yet.

Bet the old guy had the time of his life.

Traverse City Record Eagle : Bass fisherman nets giant muskie in East Bay
http://m.record-eagle.com/TRE/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=vNyyOkDn&full=true#display

bolonytony24
07-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Anyone see this yet.

Bet the old guy had the time of his life.

Traverse City Record Eagle : Bass fisherman nets giant muskie in East Bay
http://m.record-eagle.com/TRE/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=vNyyOkDn&full=true#display
thats a pretty nice one. ive never been out with the intention of musky fishing but ive hung a few already this year. usually while walleye or bass fishing the detroit river or st. claire. got one about half the size of the one pictured on a spinnerbait last week. was a fun catch just let it go after a quick pic

mfytczyk
07-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Finally we hooked one in a small sw Mich lake it looked like it was around 40-45 inches the only problem was we were fishing for walleye and crappie pretty sure it was a tiger muskey but didn't get it in the boat with the 12 pound test line no leader it jumped all the way out of the water had it tired on the top slowly getting it close to the boat it thrashed once more broke the line right at the knot he sat at the surface for few long seconds then swam off with our deep diver rapala still hooked in his mouth

SimbaLion
07-06-2013, 07:07 AM
"Musky fisherman" sounded to me like some kind of gay personals ad at first. I've been away from michigan too long..

:paw: