PDA

View Full Version : FNG saying hello

sixhundredrr
03-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Kalamazoo here. Member of students for concealed carry on campus because I went back to school in September full time. Taking my CW class this weekend at D&R. My dad was nice enough to pay for it. I look forward to learning this weekend and take the responsibility very seriously. My dad carries because he lives in downtown kzoo and he used to have a dealer license back in the day. I always give him flak for selling the guns he used to own. A couple of fully autos including an AK47, Uzi, and misc M-16's, M-14's. He has an Colt AR-15 in his closet right now that has never been fired. I wish he'd let me take it out and shoot it.

Though I have no pistol of my own at the moment, I will be using my stimulus check on one and most likely selling the Remington 12 ga that I never use. I'm set on 3 possibilities which all hinge on how much I get back. I am down to an XD 40 compact, 24/7 40 compact, or a Bersa .380 (the little one that looks like a PPK). The XD is expensive, but I love it's features and the gear it comes with. The 380 would be a good small gun to give to the woman when I have more money to pick up something bigger.

I'm constantly browsing gunbroker.com. Have many used it successfully? Was it worth it? There are some awesome deals on there compared to local shops but I don't know anyone with an FFL.

I found this site from a Yahoo search and have been browsing as a guest for the past few months.

Roger Roney
04-04-2008, 04:43 AM
Kalamazoo here. Member of students for concealed carry on campus because I went back to school in September full time. Taking my CW class this weekend at D&R. My dad was nice enough to pay for it. I look forward to learning this weekend and take the responsibility very seriously. My dad carries because he lives in downtown kzoo and he used to have a dealer license back in the day. I always give him flak for selling the guns he used to own. A couple of fully autos including an AK47, Uzi, and misc M-16's, M-14's. He has an Colt AR-15 in his closet right now that has never been fired. I wish he'd let me take it out and shoot it.

Though I have no pistol of my own at the moment, I will be using my stimulus check on one and most likely selling the Remington 12 ga that I never use. I'm set on 3 possibilities which all hinge on how much I get back. I am down to an XD 40 compact, 24/7 40 compact, or a Bersa .380 (the little one that looks like a PPK). The XD is expensive, but I love it's features and the gear it comes with. The 380 would be a good small gun to give to the woman when I have more money to pick up something bigger.

I'm constantly browsing gunbroker.com. Have many used it successfully? Was it worth it? There are some awesome deals on there compared to local shops but I don't know anyone with an FFL.

I found this site from a Yahoo search and have been browsing as a guest for the past few months.:welcome: Kinda belatedly, :lol: as I'm just catching up after a few days off. I'm a bit surprised no one has replied to your questions, so beside the welcome, consider this as a bump up. :lol:

And good that you are supporting students for concealed carry on campus!

Roger

fbuckner
04-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Didnt even see it. Welcome to MGO !! there are many FFL's right here on this board that are more than willing to help you out. I have cruised gunbroker several times but i prefer to keep my money local. I have bought a little from about everyone close by and had some accesories shipped to me from others to far for me to drive. There are also alot of firearms for sale right here from private folks that take good care of their guns.

Again welcome to this little place in the world and enjoy.