PDA

View Full Version : VOTE!!! AND WIN A GLOCK 19!!!

Barrettone
06-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Listen up Folks:

I need you to all vote this year for your MGO leadership. I am very excited that we have a contested election!!! PLEASE, even if you can't attend the annual meeting at Post 46 in Pinckney

http://migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=249094

get your absentee ballots in!!!

http://migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183369
(this is the 2012 ballot...election committee will be posting the 2013 one shortly)

We have 939 voting members here...there is NO REASON why we shouldn't get at least a couple hundred votes in this election. To sweeten the pot, there is going to be a gun drawn for the people who vote in the election (only 28 voted last year...you can vote absentee and still win the gun), and FNRA Dinner Tickets will be raffled off to those members who are present at the annual meeting. We can't do much more than that to get members to vote. This is important folks!!! We want to hear your voice. You elect the BoD and can control the future of MGO!!! PLEASE read the candidate bio's, ask questions, make an informed decision, and above all, make your voice heard!!! SeeTee will be announcing details soon as well.

Thanks,
Jeff LaFave
MGO President

MP Miller
06-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Will Candidate Bios be posted?

Barrettone
06-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Will Candidate Bios be posted?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247401

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245422

http://migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247413

MP Miller
06-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Thank You

JohnJak
06-24-2013, 01:52 PM
I will do an absentee ballot when it's out. I do like fast cars and good looking women for a night.

jackg
06-24-2013, 02:11 PM
"We have 939 voting members here."

I think I know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway; How do we know if we're one of the 939? By keeping our paid member status current?

Pyzik
06-24-2013, 02:19 PM
"We have 939 voting members here."

I think I know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway; How do we know if we're one of the 939? By keeping our paid member status current?

Yes.

I've got vacation that whole week which means the wife will likely have me either very busy or out of town. I'll do my darndest to explain how important it is we attend this dinner. :hick:

Either way, I'll be voting. Planned on it anyway.
I NEED a Glock in my collection. (Doesn't everyone?)

Well, wife doesn't want to come so I guess I'll leave her butt at home.

Jackam
06-24-2013, 09:00 PM
How do we know if we're one of the 939? By keeping our paid member status current?

Yes.

4. Any eligible voting member of MGO may request an absentee ballot to be sent by mail, accompanied by instructions for filling out and returning said ballot.

Do they have to be a member for a year before voting?

Barrettone
06-24-2013, 10:37 PM
4. Any eligible voting member of MGO may request an absentee ballot to be sent by mail, accompanied by instructions for filling out and returning said ballot.

Do they have to be a member for a year before voting?

Nope

Pyzik
06-24-2013, 10:54 PM
A year member before you can run.

Jackam
06-25-2013, 10:03 PM
I HOPE to be able to go to the meeting but I never know until the day before. Is it going to be a problem if I vote absentee and then get lucky and am able to attend?

MP Miller
06-25-2013, 10:03 PM
So where do I request an absentee ballot?

Barrettone
06-25-2013, 10:45 PM
So where do I request an absentee ballot?

The election committee chairman jolari.

Barrettone
06-25-2013, 10:45 PM
I HOPE to be able to go to the meeting but I never know until the day before. Is it going to be a problem if I vote absentee and then get lucky and am able to attend?

No problem.

RevDerb
06-26-2013, 05:12 AM
I believe that I had the privilege of casting the only absentee ballot last year. With 939 members it must have been a VERY well attended meeting. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Barrettone
06-26-2013, 12:12 PM
I believe that I had the privilege of casting the only absentee ballot last year. With 939 members it must have been a VERY well attended meeting. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Not hardly. We only had 24 people determining the leadership of MGO out of the 700-750 members we had at the time. I want HUNDREDS voting, not a couple dozen!!! That is why we are putting incentives out there...TO GET PEOPLE TO VOTE...even if it is through absentee ballot!!!

Pyzik
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Not hardly. We only had 24 people determining the leadership of MGO out of the 700-750 members we had at the time. I want HUNDREDS voting, not a couple dozen!!! That is why we are putting incentives out there...TO GET PEOPLE TO VOTE...even if it is through absentee ballot!!!
Well, with a gun for grabs I want that dozen to show, not hundreds! Don't you know what that will do to my odds?! :p

Seriously though, those are some sad numbers.

Barrettone
06-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Well, with a gun for grabs I want that dozen to show, not hundreds! Don't you know what that will do to my odds?! :p

Seriously though, those are some sad numbers.

Especially since 9 were BoD members, and 3 were election committee, and 3-4 just rode in with the above 12 people, and 1 was an absentee. So basically, we had like 8-10 "members" show on their own.

teecro
06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Will watch thread and cast an absent vote when able; working....

right2bear
06-26-2013, 09:01 PM
I think I know who I'm voting for...:score: :hide:

teecro
06-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Has the 2013 Ballot been posted yet? I've been up to my eyeballs in some ship repairs and don't want to miss finding the ballot when I scan the forums.

SeeTee
06-29-2013, 11:52 AM
When the absentee ballot is published along with the instructions, I will make sure a post along with a link to it is put into this thread along with putting it on the MGO the front page and in the picnic thread & poll also.
This way you can just check here to find the information you need to vote.

jolari
07-02-2013, 05:48 PM
All,
The Absentee Ballot has been posted in the Publication forum in the Members Only section.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=253441

zigziggityzoo
07-02-2013, 06:04 PM
All,
The Absentee Ballot has been posted in the Publication forum in the Members Only section.

Typo (I think) - it says July 26, 2012

Hunters21w
07-02-2013, 06:12 PM
I will send my absentee ballot form tomorrow! Camping that weekend unfortunately :(

right2bear
07-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I will send my absentee ballot form tomorrow! Camping that weekend unfortunately :(

Excellent! I hope you are the first of many, many, many whom vote this year.

jolari
07-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Typo (I think) - it says July 26, 2012
Yep, a typo and I read it at least 3 times. Fixed it with the correct date July 26, 2013.

teecro
07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Yep, a typo and I read it at least 3 times. Fixed it with the correct date July 26, 2013.

Don't know about anyone else but sometimes the only way I can see type written mistakes is to print it to paper and read it the old fashion way; just can't see them on the screen.

hulettis
07-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Absentee ballot is sitting in my mailbox now, will be on it's way tomorrow. Wish I lived closer so I could actually participate more!

jolari
07-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Picked up 4 absentee ballots at the PO Box Today. Thanks to all who have voted so far and keep them coming.

Barrettone
07-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Picked up 4 absentee ballots at the PO Box Today. Thanks to all who have voted so far and keep them coming.

Great to hear John!!! I hope we receive hundreds of votes!!! It will be nice to get people involved in selecting the leadership for MGO, rather than just a few making such a big decision!!!

themonk41
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Pretty sure one is mine!

teecro
07-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Can't be mine yet; it's going to the mailbox in the morning....

mikeb32
07-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I agree......Keep those absentee votes coming in guys!!

JohnJak
07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Just don't forget who put the $2000.00 cash in the envelope to win the glock.

jolari
07-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Picked up another 7 ballots tonight. That brings the total to 11. Three more and this year's Absentee ballots will equal the total number of ballots cast last year. Keep them coming.

Cackler
07-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Great to hear John!!! I hope we receive hundreds of votes!!! It will be nice to get people involved in selecting the leadership for MGO, rather than just a few making such a big decision!!!

Picked up another 7 ballots tonight. That brings the total to 11. Three more and this year's Absentee ballots will equal the total number of ballots cast last year. Keep them coming.

maybe ya should have offered up ammo instead of a gun...lol...

Timbo
07-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Sent mine in today! Thanks!

polcat34
07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Just dropped mine in the mail.

Batman
07-12-2013, 04:25 PM
I have no clue what my membership number is. I can't find my membership card and I don't see it listed under my user CP.

Barrettone
07-12-2013, 07:29 PM
I have no clue what my membership number is. I can't find my membership card and I don't see it listed under my user CP.

Ask jolari the election committee chairman. He can probably help you.

Sniper21
07-14-2013, 12:44 PM
How do we have the absentee Ballet mailed to us to fill out?

And ill be there plus one for sure :)

jolari
07-14-2013, 02:40 PM

Just send me a PM with your address or go to the link below and print off the ballot. The ballots are in the PDF's at the end of the post.

shurhouse
07-14-2013, 03:32 PM

????? If you'll be there plus one for sure, why would you need an absentee ballot? Am I missing something?

jolari
07-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Picked up 7 more ballots today. That brings the total to 18 which is more than the total number of votes cast last year. Keep them coming! You can check the following link to see if I have received your ballot yet.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254569

Hunters21w
07-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Mine should be one of those 18 :)

MP Miller
07-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Put mine in the mail today in Clarksville TN.

jolari
07-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Picked up 4 more today. The total is now 22 absentee ballots.

Jackam
07-17-2013, 09:41 PM

You're number 1 in my book :)

MP Miller
07-17-2013, 09:54 PM
You're number 1 in my book :)

:shake:
Lame

G22
07-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Batman

Ask jolari the election committee chairman. He can probably help you.

The election committee has no access to member numbers until the actual election.

Contact Gary (Maranatha) for your number.

Sniper21
07-18-2013, 03:40 PM
????? If you'll be there plus one for sure, why would you need an absentee ballot? Am I missing something?

I wanted it just in case we couldn't make it. But we will be there and I will vote in person :)

jolari
07-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Five more ballots came in for a total of 27 absentee ballots so far. Thanks to all who have voted!!

Jackam
07-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Five more ballots came in for a total of 27 absentee ballots so far.
So who's winning?
What about the bylaws - are they passing?
:)

I don't want to wait for the exit polls!

shurhouse
07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
So who's winning?
What about the bylaws - are they passing?
:)

I don't want to wait for the exit polls!

Sorry you'll have to wait, absentee ballots are not opened until the Membership meeting when everyone else is voting.

mikeb32
07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
You really got to watch that Jackam guy!!!

shurhouse
07-19-2013, 07:12 PM
You really got to watch that Jackam guy!!!

Ya,to much honey

Jackam
07-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I sent 14 ballots in but only see my member number once. Why is that? :)

gjgalligan
07-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Just some idle thinking.....

Many "members" probably have never met any of the people running for office. The reasons they haven't met any of them really doesn't matter but it could be distance, timing of functions conflict with other things in life, ect.
I would be in that group. I will not be voting as I have no clue really about all these "names". I use my real name as a user name as I have no shame in my name. Very few other people do and if I was to vote they are the ones that would get my vote.

I guess my question is, Do you really expect many of these people that have never met the people running to vote for them?

I also think that the decision by the board to have a drawing (from voters list) for the gun is unethical. It gives sitting board the image of trying to buy votes.

teecro
07-20-2013, 06:52 AM

Many "members" probably have never met any of the people running for office. The reasons they haven't met any of them really doesn't matter but it could be distance, timing of functions conflict with other things in life, ect.
I would be in that group. I will not be voting as I have no clue really about all these "names". I use my real name as a user name as I have no shame in my name. Very few other people do and if I was to vote they are the ones that would get my vote.

I guess my question is, Do you really expect many of these people that have never met the people running to vote for them?

I've met no one on the board much less forum members lest for a couple of FTF sales but that did not keep me from wanting to and casting my vote.

I read the bio as provided by each running member as well as placed some value in how they act or react on this forum. You can also gain insite into these people by reading the MGO newsletter too.

While I may never meet anyone at functions due to my work but I am a paying member and I can and have cast my vote. Otherwise why even bother being a paying member?

gjgalligan
07-20-2013, 07:31 AM
I enjoy being able access the forum, at least for the most part. I learn a lot from it and I consider that reason enough to pay dues.

Jackam
07-20-2013, 10:37 AM
I use my real name as a user name as I have no shame in my name. Very few other people do and if I was to vote they are the ones that would get my vote.

So I would get half a vote? :)
I'm not ashamed of my address either, but due to the nature of this forum, I'm not listing it in its entirety! I don't see a problem with the forum names.

Valid question! I suppose the informed voter would go look at some of the forum posts from the candidates. Did one have a space craft land on their roof and preach harmony to them? Is one pro-active in the ideals that you also hold dear? There's a lot to learn. We don't have the league of women voters to rely on. You're it!

I also think that the decision by the board to have a drawing (from voters list) for the gun is unethical. It gives sitting board the image of trying to buy votes.
Well, they are! But they're not trying to buy a vote for them. They just want a good vote count!
Perhaps they might have limited it to "all members in attendance at the meeting will be entered into a drawing" but since this is a statewide org, it is very unfeasible for everyone to travel (My son is 11 hours away and would LOVE to be there!)

I urge you to vote. Go do some research. We have some GREAT candidates (both new and sitting!) Don't let me decide this thing for you, as you KNOW I'll screw it up! :)

gjgalligan
07-20-2013, 11:07 AM
I had a reply all typed out but I decided to not post it.

I'll just let it go. I know that most people here think different then I do about a lot of subjects. That makes me the square peg trying to fit in a round hole.
I just wanted to offer somethings for people to think about.

gjgalligan
07-20-2013, 11:09 AM
By the way Jack, thanks for a polite post! It is nice that a few people can still do that.

Barrettone
07-20-2013, 11:26 AM
By the way Jack, thanks for a polite post! It is nice that a few people can still do that.

You know gjgalligan, I understand the point you are trying to make, however, if the current BoD wanted to "insure" their victory, the LAST thing we would do is anything that would turn out more voters. When only 18 vote total (like last year) and 9 are sitting BoD members, you are pretty much a shoe in. If anything, we now made it more competitive IMO.

Just my .02 YMMV

mikeb32
07-20-2013, 02:05 PM
gjgalligan, I enjoy reading your comments and hope you do cast your vote.
Like Jeff said earlier, the current BOD as well as the people who are new and running would like as many votes as possible to be rendered.

A lot of us are very like minded, but we could never agree on everything........It would make for a boring world!!!

JohnJak
07-21-2013, 04:54 PM
I had a reply all typed out but I decided to not post it.

I'll just let it go. I know that most people here think different then I do about a lot of subjects. That makes me the square peg trying to fit in a round hole.
I just wanted to offer somethings for people to think about.
It's a great concept to let members get off their ass and vote. When you win the Glock let me know I'm a buyer.

Maranatha
07-21-2013, 06:14 PM
gjgalligan the Glock was My Idea, and My thought was we have to get People involved. WE have to get people to Vote

and I'm not up for re-election, I wish I was so I could chose not to run.

I've been with MGO from the Beginning and one thing I've learned is whatever the BOD tries to do people will not be happy.

who would ever think that offering a chance to win a gun at a GUN Group election would get someone upset.

BTW. before I proposed the GLOCK drawing, I checked with the Past Election Committee Chair and The Current Chair to asked if they saw any issues with the drawing. They were all in favor of it.

but one thing you need to know we cannot continue running this group with the same 20 people caring enough to vote every year.

jolari
07-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, we are now up to 30 absentee ballots. Thanks to all who have voted so far and as was mentioned earlier. We do not open the ballots until the time of the election at the meeting. Check the link below to see if the ballot you sent in has been received. Hope to see everyone else on Saturday. Based on the poll, it looks like we will have a decent turnout.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=254569

gjgalligan
07-22-2013, 06:10 AM
who would ever think that offering a chance to win a gun at a GUN Group election would get someone upset.

I am not upset about it, I was just posting my thoughts on the idea.
Guess posting my thoughts was a bad idea.

My main point was that most people in MCO have never met the people running for office and that makes it hard to have an opinion about them. The free gun part kinda reminds me of how Obama got reelected.

I've been here pretty much since the beginning also. I also don't vote in the NRA elections (even though I am a life member there) because I don't know any of the people running.

G22
07-22-2013, 08:01 AM

My main point was that most people in MCO have never met the people running for office and that makes it hard to have an opinion about them. The free gun part kinda reminds me of how Obama got reelected.

I've been here pretty much since the beginning also. I also don't vote in the NRA elections (even though I am a life member there) because I don't know any of the people running.

Have you ever voted for anyone running for President of the United States? Did you "know" them? What about Senators or Rep's? Probably not.

Did you choose a candidate by what they said on TV? Maybe their voting record? Maybe it was their vision for America / Michigan?

We have candidates with track records from past involvement in MGO that you can vet them with. We have new candidates who have posted their Bio's so you can see who they are and their vision for MGO.

I see no difference between our elections and any other you may or may not have voted in.

:shrugs:

The gun drawing is/was not being used by any candidate to get elected. It's sole intention is to get members to participate, and guess what? It's working.

You're welcome to your opinions, but they make no sense to me. The opportunity to get to know people has been there several times a year, for the last 11 years.

Pyzik
07-22-2013, 08:13 AM

Your post wasn't a bad idea. Members should post what they think more often as long as its a discussion like this and not a rant.

I think I've met at least most of the members running so maybe that's why I thought it was a good idea.

Also, my screen name is my true name as well.

tdbrown1969
07-22-2013, 08:22 AM

I also think that the decision by the board to have a drawing (from voters list) for the gun is unethical. It gives sitting board the image of trying to buy votes.I use my name as a screen name as well. Do you vote in the elections of those goverining our country? Even though they try to convince us who the are through ads ect, we never really know. History has proven they will lie and say anything to get elected. Why? POWER & MONEY!!! If you vote for anyone of those running(including myself) I can assure you we have very little power and we are all payed the whopping amount of $0.00. We are all volunteers. I can also assure you that every person on the BoD and running for the Board care very much about our 2ND Amendment rights and the direction MGO is headed. As for giving away a gun to buy votes, it is about boosting participation. We have roughly 1000 members who can vote. Last election around 17 people showed up to vote. It will cost you a stamp and an envelope to vote and if you don't want the Glock 19 I am sure the next person drawn will be happy to take it home. I really don't care if you vote for me, I would just like to see upwards of 200 + people voting in this election

shurhouse
07-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Hello gjgalligan,

Your posts have raised some good point worth discussing.

………I will not be voting as I have no clue really about all these "names". I use my real name as a user name as I have no shame in my name. Very few other people do and if I was to vote they are the ones that would get my vote.

Well it's good to see that if you were going to vote I would be included as I too use my name on the forum. I don't try to hide who I am, what I am or what I believe in. I can understand your reluctance to vote when you don't know the candidates. I have the same problem when it comes to elections for our goverment officals. I don't get involved in politics at my local level or at the state/federal level. I don't know any of them and only hear about them via the media or from discussions with others. Even though I don't know them I still vote because we have a right to vote and that right needs to be exericised. I might vote for the wrong person, specially when it comes to a judge in the 3rd district or trustees at UofM, but I do it anyway because if I don't vote I have no right to say anything about how the goverment is run. By being a Member of MGO you to have that right to vote and I would ask that you exercise that right, but I totally understand if you wish not to do so.
I'm sorry to see that you feel the drawing from a gun is unethical, but I agree with your thought that we are trying to buy votes. We are trying to buy votes, but it's not votes for anyone of us, we're just trying to figure out a way to get people to participate in their organization. It's really a shame that we have to stoup to that level but 17 voters out of a membership of close to a 1000 is ridiculous.

I enjoy being able access the forum, at least for the most part. I learn a lot from it and I consider that reason enough to pay dues.

This is good to hear. Learning is what MGO is all about as I'm sure you know.

…….. I know that most people here think different then I do about a lot of subjects. That makes me the square peg trying to fit in a round hole.....

If we all thought the same and were all round pegs, life would sure be boring. I learn much more from people who think differently then me than from people who think like me.

I am not upset about it, I was just posting my thoughts on the idea.Guess posting my thoughts was a bad idea.

Your post was not a bad idea. Look at the interaction it has caused. If nothing else you've learned a little more about some of us running for the board. Hopefully by looking at the bio's we've posted, by looking at some of our other posts and threads, by looking at the BoD meeting minutes and by comments you hear and see about us from others you will get to know us better, not just for the election part but so you know us better as the leaders of the organization you have supported since the beginning. The only negative thing I have to say is the comment comparing us to Obama hurts.

Rodney Shur

gjgalligan
07-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Voting for government offices is quite a different concept. There is usually enough information about those people to get an idea of how they think & act.
That doesn't happen in this type of setting. A short bio wrote by themselves isn't really much to go on, it can help, but it can't be the only info.

Apples & oranges.

Timbo
07-22-2013, 10:52 AM
I voted absentee and voted for a guy I met at the west side Meet and Greet open carry event. Great guy who will be an asset if elected.

Maranatha
07-22-2013, 07:38 PM
gjgalligan...if you want you can do a search on any user name and read all their post, if you don't trust a BIO then their dealing with other member should give you a good Idea of what the person is.

But as much as we want people to like you to Vote you have the right Not to Vote.

and If you really feel my idea of a gun raffle is Unethical you should bring charges against me and ask to have me removed from the BOD. Please!!!!!!!!!

zigziggityzoo
07-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Voting for government offices is quite a different concept. There is usually enough information about those people to get an idea of how they think & act.
That doesn't happen in this type of setting. A short bio wrote by themselves isn't really much to go on, it can help, but it can't be the only info.

Apples & oranges.

Meh. As a shareholder I vote for board members of corporations all the time and I hardly have anything to go on for the votes.

Same thing.

tdbrown1969
07-22-2013, 09:05 PM

Apples & oranges.
What do you want to know? What is my favorite gun? Have I been convicted of a crime? Because other than the info I gave in my BIO my personal life is no one's business. I also like how you think you can get an idea how a politician thinks and acts by what they tell you? Tell me what you want to know about me?

mikeb32
07-22-2013, 11:57 PM
My Life is an open book......Ask my wife, she will tell you anything!!!

Just trying to lighten up this thread a little bit.
In all seriousness, Good Luck to all the Candidates and I am looking forward to putting some faces with some names on Saturday!!!

gjgalligan
07-23-2013, 07:10 AM
and If you really feel my idea of a gun raffle is Unethical you should bring charges against me and ask to have me removed from the BOD. Please!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but my daddy always said a person has to clean up their own messes.
Not my job to bail you out.

gjgalligan
07-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Meh. As a shareholder I vote for board members of corporations all the time and I hardly have anything to go on for the votes.

Same thing.

Your choice but I would not do the same.

gjgalligan
07-23-2013, 07:15 AM
What do you want to know? What is my favorite gun? Have I been convicted of a crime? Because other than the info I gave in my BIO my personal life is no one's business. I also like how you think you can get an idea how a politician thinks and acts by what they tell you? Tell me what you want to know about me?

I would want to know how people perceive you when meeting you, are you a nice guy or a jerk, are you a truthful person or a liar. So yes, your personal life (parts of) would be important.
YOU can not supply those answers.

oldskoolford427
07-23-2013, 08:39 AM
For everyones info about my user name!! "Oldskoolford427" when I joined MGO as a free member it was just so I could use the classifieds and if you would have told me the that I was going to be on the BoD for MGO sometime later I would have told you that you are out of your mind. So truth is this is my handle that I use elsewhere so why not, I NEVER HAD ASPERATIONS of becoming a board member. But if you can believe this MGO was having a election and not enough people were stepping up to run for the open seats, so the call came out that MGO needs someone to STEP UP so here I am, I answered the call!!!
I am very pleased to see a contested election and the added interest from our membership. Too be sure it has been a great honor to sit on the board and to be in the trenches and work with the current board we have good people, but what is even brighter is the new faces and what they are brining to the table!! So IMHO MGO will be well served no matter who wins in this coming election!!
For the record I am not ashamed of my name and it had ZERO to do with my screen name!!!
Sincerely
John Rhodes

As I said in my bio if you (anyone) have any questions PM me I will gladly supply you with my phone number for any questions you may have for me or just to talk.
JR

PS
I am running again and hope to win, if not we will still be in good hands!!!

Freetime
07-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Sorry but my daddy always said a person has to clean up their own messes.
Not my job to bail you out.

What a stupid response! Either vote or don't vote, your choice. No need for childish posts. NO ONE needs to be BAILED OUT!

Timbo
07-23-2013, 08:54 AM
What is going on with Gilligan?:boohoo: Vote or don't vote.

Maranatha
07-23-2013, 09:01 AM
What is going on with Gilligan?:boohoo: Vote or don't vote.

I expected that response... which is part of the problem with MGO...

Not enough people willing to stand up for what they believe in. We need more than just talk we need action.

We need people that care enough to put the effort in to finding out about the candidates to make an informed choice.

That's why Obama won the last election, people didn't care enough to vote.

Roundballer
07-23-2013, 09:09 AM
What a stupid response! Either vote or don't vote, your choice. No need for childish posts. NO ONE needs to be BAILED OUT!
You failed to comprehend the tongue-in-cheek exchange between gjgalligan and Maranatha.

Jackam
07-23-2013, 09:14 AM
My Life is an open book......
Yeah - but it's a Dr. Suess book! :)

I guess that's not so bad though - lots of pictures, good story line, entertaining and educational.

Maranatha
07-23-2013, 09:45 AM
You failed to comprehend the tongue-in-cheek exchange between gjgalligan and Maranatha.
Nothing tongue and cheek from me....... I'm
As serious as a tax audit

Roundballer
07-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Nothing tongue and cheek from me....... I'm
As serious as a tax audit

...now take my wife.... PLEASE!

Okay. :cheers:

Timbo
07-23-2013, 10:05 AM
I expected that response... which is part of the problem with MGO...

Not enough people willing to stand up for what they believe in. We need more than just talk we need action.

We need people that care enough to put the effort in to finding out about the candidates to make an informed choice.

That's why Obama won the last election, people didn't care enough to vote.

I cared enough to vote, even though I will not be able to attend and am standing up for what/who I believe in. I met one and pledged my support to one of the candidates and that is my primary motivation to get off my duff. The Glock 19 offer is a sweet deal as well.

Vote, research and vote, or decide not to vote is each members responsibility. Complaining about due process repeatedly it is accomplishing nothing.

Some are risking it all by volunteering for a thankless job and deserve our participation and vote as a membership.

tdbrown1969
07-23-2013, 11:45 AM
I would want to know how people perceive you when meeting you, are you a nice guy or a jerk, are you a truthful person or a liar. So yes, your personal life (parts of) would be important.
YOU can not supply those answers.

I get the impression your looking for a little mudsling to take place in this election. Well I have some bad news for you. I have nothing bad to say about anyone on the board or anyone running(as a matter of fact I can't think of anyone on the forum I can say anything bad about). They all have my respect and admiration for stepping up to do a thankless job. Perhaps if your so inclined you can do a search on me in the feedback thread and see what those members I have dealt with had to say. Or I can give you my Pastor's phone number and my ex-wifes number and you can ask them:idea: but I am sure there opinion will vary:biggrin: (actually I would bet you would be suprised by what my ex-wife would say about me, after all we been divorced for 18 years, 5 of those years I raised our 2 kids by myself)

gjgalligan
07-24-2013, 06:37 AM
You seem to be the only one having trouble with my thought process.
No mud slinging, just no voting from me without know what kind of person I would be voting for.

This whole thing started with people talking about people not voting. I tried to give a couple of my thoughts on the subject, sorry if you don't like the way I think.

Just let it go, I am not voting or running for office. No mud sling involved, I saw way too much of that in union politics!

And I will try to keep my thoughts to myself in the future.

gjgalligan
07-24-2013, 06:42 AM

I'm glad somebody gets it!

Must be an old guy thing.

Maranatha
07-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Greg.....there is nothing tongue and cheek about you accusing the BOD of unethical behaviour and of the BOD trying to buy votes.

tdbrown1969
07-24-2013, 08:43 AM
You seem to be the only one having trouble with my thought process.
No mud slinging, just no voting from me without know what kind of person I would be voting for.

This whole thing started with people talking about people not voting. I tried to give a couple of my thoughts on the subject, sorry if you don't like the way I think.

Just let it go, I am not voting or running for office. No mud sling involved, I saw way too much of that in union politics!

And I will try to keep my thoughts to myself in the future.
Please do not keep your thoughts to yourself. We need differing opinions. And your right we do not know each other. I tried to inject a little humor in my last post to lighten the conversation. IMO this is not anywhere near politics. None of use are paid, we all take time out of our busy schedules to meet every 2 months. For me it is often a 1 1/2 drive one way for a meeting, meetings can last 2 + hours. So figure 5 hours of my time and roughly $35-$40 in gasoline. I don't do it to have my name writen in green lettering. I don't do it for power or prestige. I do it because I saw a worth while need. I do it because I believe MGO can make a difference here in Michigan. I do it because I think MGO can reach new shooters, teach them firearm safety and introduce them to gun ownership, safety and the responsibilities it entails. If I lose this Saturday, I will not be sad or disappointed. I feel that if the people running for the BoD care enough about MGO to volunteer their time and efforts then MGO will be just fine without me. If I win I will continue participate in the everyday running and functioning of this organization. Thanks for taking time to voice your concerns about the election process. Hope to see you at a meeting in the near future. Thanks again, Thomas D. Brown

Pyzik
07-24-2013, 01:42 PM
I've never been to this range. Do they have any steel? For .22s?

gjgalligan
07-24-2013, 02:54 PM
gjgalligan. If you really feel my idea of a gun raffle is Unethical you should bring charges against me and ask to have me removed from the BOD. Please!!!!!!!!!

That was the thing that my "tongue in cheek" comment about not bailing you out referred to.

If you want off the board then resign. (not tongue in cheek)

J. Browne
07-25-2013, 08:24 AM
dropped mine in the mail this am.... hope I am not to late....

jolari
07-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Picked up 10 more ballots today. The brings the total to 40!!! Keep them coming!

Maranatha
07-26-2013, 04:55 AM
That's great news. We could have over 80 members voting.....still less than 10% but a big improvement

jolari
07-26-2013, 10:52 PM
One more today that brings the total to 41 absentee ballots. See the rest of you tomorrow!

TomE
07-27-2013, 05:22 PM
And the winner(s) are

MP Miller
07-27-2013, 05:24 PM
And the winner(s) are

:yeahthat:

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Not sure who won the Glock but at least I won some FNRA Banquet tickets.
That'll be a fun night out! :D

Hunters21w
07-27-2013, 05:48 PM
The anticipation is killing me lol.

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
The anticipation is killing me lol.
It was someone who was there in person...

MP Miller
07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
good for them.

TomE
07-27-2013, 06:26 PM
And the winner(s) are

My post was about the B.O.D. election :thumbup:

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 06:36 PM
AH! Hahaha

Hunters21w
07-27-2013, 06:37 PM
It was someone who was there in person...

Are you sure? Dang.. Lol

freakinhugebear
07-27-2013, 06:48 PM
It was me, the G19 is sitting in my safe right now. Very cool to win something that awesome. The MGO engraving really does add a huge amount of satisfaction for me. Being a 9mm glock shooter and not already having a g19 it worked out perfectly for me

freakinhugebear
07-27-2013, 06:50 PM

I know Right2Bear won a B.O.D seat, not sure on the others. There was right around 66 who voted I think.

TomE
07-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Congrats to you and Charles. Now if the rest of the hanging chads can be deciphered and added up the B.O.D. will be formed?

Oh and pics or it didn't happen

Maranatha
07-27-2013, 07:01 PM
I was thinking gold inlay would look great in that engraving.......

I can't believe I was 1 number off

Maranatha
07-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Congrats to you and Charles. Now if the rest of the hanging chads can be deciphered and added up the B.O.D. will be formed?

Oh and pics or it didn't happen
:
Mike b was also elected

jolari
07-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Here are the results, a total of 69 ballots were cast including the absentee ballots.

Board of Directors (5 open positions)
Rodney Shur (shurhouse) 56
Thomas Brown (tdbrown1969) 45
Jeff Lafave (Barrettone) 52
Charles Ring (right2bear) 48
John Rhodes (oldskoolford427) 52
Mike Borders (Mikeb32) 50

So the new members of the Board of Directors are, Rodney Shur, Jeff Lafave, Charles Ring, John Rhodes, Mike Borders

Election Committee (two open positions)
John Olari (jolari) 63
David Dellinger (dmd7765) 63

By Laws Revisions - 66 ballots cast
Change 1 57 accept, 9 reject
Change 2 64 accept, 2 reject

The glock was won by someone in attendance. I won't reveal their name for privacy reasons but they had ticket # 3186653
Four other people won pairs of tickets to the FNRA banquet.

Maranatha
07-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Thank you John, another great job by the election committee

freakinhugebear
07-27-2013, 08:06 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/4llxci.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2vvvn7a.jpg

love that engraving, i will never sell this gun. :thup:

MP Miller
07-27-2013, 08:17 PM
2 of 3

What are the other 2 for?

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 08:26 PM
2 of 3

One was for the B4K raffle earlier in the year and the other will be for the FNRA raffle I think.

freakinhugebear
07-27-2013, 08:26 PM
2 of 3

I think one for election raffle, one for volunteer of the year, and the other I can't recall... But the next guns they are giving away are pretty awesome, vote vote vote next time around for those of you who didn't!

Maranatha
07-27-2013, 08:32 PM
gun 1 went to the Volunteer drawing
gun 2 for the election
gun 3 (which is my safe) will go to the FNRA banquet

mikeb32
07-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Congrats to the Big Bear Dude who won the Glock. Congrats to Doug and Dave for winning the Banquet tickets (Not sure who else won them)
ConGrats to all those Elected to the BOD.
Thanks to Jolari and G22 and Remingtondude for the work they did with the Election and Vote tabulation and for running a smooth election.

I would personally like to Thank all the Members who supported me and I will do my best to carry out my duties as a Board member with the goal of making MGO a World Class Organization that we all can be proud off.

Jackam
07-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Here are the results, a total of 69 ballots were cast including the absentee ballots.

Thank you for your hard work and participation tdbrown1969.
Congratulations and good luck to all that were elected today.

MP Miller
07-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Close election

JohnJak
07-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Congrats to the Big Bear Dude who won the Glock. Congrats to Doug and Dave for winning the Banquet tickets (Not sure who else won them)
ConGrats to all those Elected to the BOD.
Thanks to Jolari and G22 and Remingtondude for the work they did with the Election and Vote tabulation and for running a smooth election.

I would personally like to Thank all the Members who supported me and I will do my best to carry out my duties as a Board member with the goal of making MGO a World Class Organization that we all can be proud off.
Never heard of the "Big Bear Dude".

shurhouse
07-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Never heard of the "Big Bear Dude".

that would be "freakinhugebear" without the reference to "freakin" which is a replacement for a word that would not be allowed on the site and a word some do not want to use.

Dansjeep2000
07-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Congrats to everyone, I look forward to a new year of positive things from MGO.

gjgalligan
07-28-2013, 11:31 AM

So the new members of the Board of Directors are, Rodney Shur, Jeff Lafave, Charles Ring, John Rhodes, Mike Borders

Election Committee (two open positions)
John Olari (jolari) 63
David Dellinger (dmd7765) 63

By Laws Revisions - 66 ballots cast
Change 1 57 accept, 9 reject
Change 2 64 accept, 2 reject

The glock was won by someone in attendance. I won't reveal their name for privacy reasons but they had ticket # 3186653
Four other people won pairs of tickets to the FNRA banquet.

What are the revisions?
I did a quick look but didn't see any thing on them.

right2bear
07-28-2013, 11:47 AM
What are the revisions?
I did a quick look but didn't see any thing on them.

Here you go (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=22389&d=1372803554)