PDA

View Full Version : MGO July 27, Picnic poll & update-Please read post before voting.

SeeTee
06-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Please read entire post before voting. New updates in red

Hello All,

As you may know MGO is having it's annual Board of Directors election, meeting, picnic & fun shoot on July 27. at Post 46 in Pickney
http://www.post46hfc.com/ (http://www.post46hfc.com/)

This year we will will have the main course catered and we need to get a count for ordering the food, cutoff date is July 20 for the numbers.:glutton:

Please people if the number in your party coming with you changes, just post the change in this thread, Thank you!

Please take the poll to help us out. All are :welcome: to attend, family, yes bring the kids, friends, so be sure to include everybody that will be coming with you.

Anyone who would like to bring a side to pass or dessert it would be most welcome and appreciated, just let us know in the thread.

As always this is a free event!! :woohoo1:

This is a non Alcohol event! :drunk: :nono:

A recap

This is also a members meeting, this is the time for you to meet and talk to our Board of Directors. :gossip:

Also some of the seats on the Board of Directors are up for reelection, please vote!

For more information on the members running, go here:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=247401 (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247401)

Note; you must be a contributing MGO member to vote, please have your member card or member number with you to make it easier for the election committee.

For those who don't know, you may vote either in person or by mail, please include your membership # when voting by mail.

:deal2: Update-Link to the absentee ballot and instructions http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2109903#post2109903

There will be a lot going on for this event, New this year;

Two drawings for a chance to win prizes!

A drawing for a Gen 4 Glock 19, all MGO voting members who vote will be entered :score:

A drawing for tickets to the FNRA Banquet, ALL adults who attend the picnic are eligible :score: for more information on the banquet go here; "Must be present to win" http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=219486

Fun shoot :pistols: Post 46 has a fine outdoor range, rifle & pistol ok, unlike many ranges lead and steel ammo are good to go, so you can bring Wolf & Tula :banana: as far as I know no FA.
Barrettone will be bringing out some steel to shoot and hopefully a plate rack!

If anybody has any steel or target holders they would like to bring, contact me by pm and we will see what we can fit in.

Swap-Is on!-Update-Please read!

We are having a swap area, it is firm.
I have included a item in the poll area to see how many tables we need to accommodate, please indicate if you want a table (you can vote on how many are going to lunch AND for a swap table )
Swap space is free, but it is limited paid MGO members only, you can sign up at the event if you are not a member and want in on the swap.
This it will not be a flea market, firearm, hunting, outdoor etc.
Set up is 11:30 am and runs to the close of the event-packed up and out by 6:30pm, If you can bring your own table it would be helpful

You will be responsible for the items you bring to the swap, MGO nor Post 46 will be held liable for loss or damage to your goods, plan to secure them if you are away from the table or have someone cover for you while away.

I hope that we will get a really good turn out, this is a great time to actually meet other members of the Org. and meet the MGO Board of Directors.
Have a good meal, win prizes and get in some range time.
Time to get out from behind the :computer:

Schedule for Annual Meeting

Let's kick this Membership/BoD Meeting off at 12:00 noon.

Meeting from 12:00 noon-1pm ( and voter registration with Election Committee )
Break from meeting from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm for lunch and to vote.
Resume meeting at 2:00 pm and finish agenda items by 3:30 pm
[SIZE=1]Finalize election results (Election Committee)
Prize drawing results
Appointment of Officers ( by those elected )
Adjourn to shoot on range from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm
Done, cleaned up and gone by 6:30 pm

***This meeting is also hereby declared an official BoD meeting also so that official business can be conducted. This is the memberships official notice of this newly announced meeting. Agenda will be posted 30 days prior.***

Hello everybody, just a last few items.

The food part,
The menu,
Hot dogs
Brats
Hamburger
Chicken breasts
A rice dish
1 mystery dish
"Chili or something meat-o-licious"
Asian slaw
Coleslaw
Dessert-might be apple pie
Brownies
We have water, diet & regular cola in both popular brands, root beer, Sierra mist, diet & regular ice tea & lemonade all on ice, should be enough and something for everybody.

Since the question was asked, & to let everybody know, plates, cutlery, napkins, cups, straws, condiments are all included, you can leave the mess kits at home!

Please stop at the check in table & sign in.
I have made name tags for all that have taken the poll, be sure to pick them up and get your ticket for the banquet drawing at the same time.
If anybody wants a pre printed name tag for family or friends send me a pm,
blank ones will be at the check in table and can be written out there also.

Remember if you are just catching this late, no worry just come on out!

Pyzik
06-26-2013, 07:23 PM
Can we change our vote once cast?

Currently I'm expecting me plus 3 but that could grow.

SeeTee
06-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Can we change our vote once cast?

Currently I'm expecting me plus 3 but that could grow.

As far as I know the software does not support that, so just make a post in this thread if the number changes.

That way I will see it when I review the thread and make the count by the 20th of July.

Please people if the number in your party coming with you changes, just post the change in this thread,Thank you!

Pyzik
06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
Cool, I didn't think so.
I'll wait a bit before I vote to try to minimize the number of changes to track.

Smokepole
06-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Is it possible to vote by E mail, or just "snail" mail?

SeeTee
06-27-2013, 09:54 AM
Jolari would be the one to address that officially he is the election committee chairman, note; he is out of town currently with very little internet access, so if you pm him I don't think you will get a response until he gets back next week.

Unofficially ( & I am not on the the EC ) as I understand it the answer is no,to voting by e-mail.

It has been talked about several times before, I don't know the technical details, but it is more then just setting up a poll on the forum to do it and at this close to the election I doubt a system would be put in place in time to do it this year anyway.

Again this is only from what I understand and for a better answer, it might be directed to the Ask the board of directors sub-forum.

shurhouse
06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Is it possible to vote by E mail, or just "snail" mail?

just "snail" mail, the election committee will post the ballot and the procedure to vote.

SeeTee
07-02-2013, 07:04 PM
OP updated to with link to 2013 BoD Absentee Ballot and instructions for voting by mail.

Posted here also, to make it easy to find, http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=253441

I need a little help, If anybody can help me understand how out of 900+ MGO members, 33,771 forum members and almost 2,500 members visiting this site every 24 hours, 698 views of this thread, 15 have responded, please post in this thread.

Barrettone
07-02-2013, 10:33 PM
VOTE AND WIN A GUN!!!
VOTE AND WIN FREE FNRA TICKET PACKAGES!!!
FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD...HOW LUCRATIVE DO WE NEED TO MAKE IT TO GET YOU GUYS TO VOTE???

CAN EVEN BE AN ABSENTEE BALLOT FOR THE GUN!!!

http://migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252115

RougeLeader
07-02-2013, 10:37 PM
VOTE AND WIN A GUN!!!
FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD...HOW LUCRATIVE DO WE NEED TO MAKE IT TO GET YOU GUYS TO VOTE???

You could personally deliver each of the lowers from the group buy.

At the very least, we pray that you don't alter it any further.

:hide:

Barrettone
07-02-2013, 10:39 PM
VOTE AND WIN A GUN!!!

Damn funny RogueLeader...LOL

SeeTee
07-03-2013, 07:43 AM
VOTE AND WIN A GUN!!!

:yeahthat: A reminder, ALL are welcome to attend this FREE event

jolari
07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I'll be there plus 2 of the kids. I forgot to put that I would like a table for the swap if we have it. I have a few things that I need to get rid of. I'll bring a dessert to pass, probably a couple apple pies.

shurhouse
07-06-2013, 10:44 AM
I'll be there plus 2 of the kids. I forgot to put that I would like a table for the swap if we have it. I have a few things that I need to get rid of. I'll bring a dessert to pass, probably a couple apple pies.

The swap meet is on. 11:30 till end. Must be a MGO Member to set up. Bring your own table(s). No fee.

SeeTee
07-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Got you on the table list.

Thanks for the dessert!

Note to everybody,

OP updated with guide lines for the swap!

johnzilla
07-09-2013, 10:59 AM
The swap meet is on. 11:30 till end. Must be a MGO Member to set up. Bring your own table(s). No fee.

Cool! I'm in on the swap meet. Will also bring a dish to pass.

right2bear
07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Change my poll number from a +4 to a +1... the other couple can no longer attend. :sad:

dmd7765
07-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Will be there +1, bringing a side dish

Please read entire post before voting. New updates in red

Hello All,

As you may know MGO is having it's annual Board of Directors election, meeting, picnic & fun shoot on July 27. at Post 46 in Pickney
http://www.post46hfc.com/ (http://www.post46hfc.com/)

This year we will will have the main course catered and we need to get a count for ordering the food, cutoff date is July 20 for the numbers.:glutton:

Please people if the number in your party coming with you changes, just post the change in this thread, Thank you!

Please take the poll to help us out. All are :welcome: to attend, family, yes bring the kids, friends, so be sure to include everybody that will be coming with you.

Anyone who would like to bring a side to pass or dessert it would be most welcome and appreciated, just let us know in the thread.

As always this is a free event!! :woohoo1:

This is a non Alcohol event! :drunk: :nono:

A recap

This is also a members meeting, this is the time for you to meet and talk to our Board of Directors. :gossip:

Also some of the seats on the Board of Directors are up for reelection, please vote!

For more information on the members running, go here:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=247401 (http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247401)

Note; you must be a contributing MGO member to vote, please have your member card or member number with you to make it easier for the election committee.

For those who don't know, you may vote either in person or by mail, please include your membership # when voting by mail.

:deal2: Update-Link to the absentee ballot and instructions http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2109903#post2109903

There will be a lot going on for this event, New this year;

Two drawings for a chance to win prizes!

A drawing for a Gen 4 Glock 19, all MGO voting members who vote will be entered :score:

A drawing for tickets to the FNRA Banquet, ALL adults who attend the picnic are eligible :score: for more information on the banquet go here; "Must be present to win" http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=219486

Fun shoot :pistols: Post 46 has a fine outdoor range, rifle & pistol ok, unlike many ranges lead and steel ammo are good to go, so you can bring Wolf & Tula :banana: as far as I know no FA.
Barrettone will be bringing out some steel to shoot and hopefully a plate rack!

If anybody has any steel or target holders they would like to bring, contact me by pm and we will see what we can fit in.

Swap-Is on!-Update-Please read!

We are having a swap area, it is firm.
I have included a item in the poll area to see how many tables we need to accommodate, please indicate if you want a table (you can vote on how many are going to lunch AND for a swap table )
Swap space is free, but it is limited paid MGO members only, you can sign up at the event if you are not a member and want in on the swap.
This it will not be a flea market, firearm, hunting, outdoor etc.
Set up is 11:30 am and runs to the close of the event-packed up and out by 6:30pm, If you can bring your own table it would be helpful

You will be responsible for the items you bring to the swap, MGO nor Post 46 will be held liable for loss or damage to your goods, plan to secure them if you are away from the table or have someone cover for you while away.

I hope that we will get a really good turn out, this is a great time to actually meet other members of the Org. and meet the MGO Board of Directors.
Have a good meal, win prizes and get in some range time.
Time to get out from behind the :computer:

Schedule for Annual Meeting

Let's kick this Membership/BoD Meeting off at 12:00 noon.

[SIZE=1]Finalize election results (Election Committee)
Prize drawing results

***This meeting is also hereby declared an official BoD meeting also so that official business can be conducted. This is the memberships official notice of this newly announced meeting. Agenda will be posted 30 days prior.***

sse
07-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Will be there, bringing coleslaw...will need an approximate head count a few days ahead of time.

Pyzik
07-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Change my poll number from a +4 to a +1... the other couple can no longer attend. :sad:
That's exactly why I am waiting to vote. I've got a couple friends saying they would just love to go! But I bet most if not all will back out. >:(

mikeb32
07-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I will be be there alone. It is also my Daughter in Laws due date so I maybe in a little bit of a "anticapatory" Mood!!! I think I just made that word up!!

Kaeto
07-17-2013, 07:44 AM
I'll be there.

oldskoolford427
07-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I will be there!!
:gobble:

Cocowheats
07-18-2013, 08:48 PM
In....

I'm not sure I can find my member card. How can I retrieve my number in case?

SeeTee
07-18-2013, 10:55 PM
In....

I'm not sure I can find my member card. How can I retrieve my number in case?

Contact Gary (Maranatha) for your number.

Sniper21
07-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Ill be there plus one :)

Jackam
07-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Finalize election results (Election Committee)
Prize drawing results

This seems odd to me; get down to business, take an hour break, and then go back and try pick up where we left off.
Is there anything of substance for the average joe happening from noon to one?

The reason that I ask is that I REALLY want to be there (more for the business aspect than the lunch or shooting) but I have a commitment with the Warrior Dash in Mt. Morris. I can get in, get out, and rush to the BOD meeting if that first hour is being run just like a normal meeting would be. If not, I'd probably be better off not rushing the race and showing up sometime before 2PM for the remaining meeting.

My gut tells me that the bulk of the meeting will happen the first hour and then the last hour won't even be an hour. :)

Jackam
07-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I will be be there alone. It is also my Daughter in Laws due date so I maybe in a little bit of a "anticapatory" Mood!!! I think I just made that word up!!

Mike - please bring the lower :)

heeheehee

shurhouse
07-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Finalize election results (Election Committee)
Prize drawing results

From past experience I would guess:
Membership Meeting - 12:00 -12:30
Vote and Lunch - 12:30 - 1:15
Election Results - 1:15 - 1:30
BoD Meeting - 1:30 - ?????
Fun Shoot - ???? - 6:00
Swap Meet - 11:30 - ??????

freakinhugebear
07-19-2013, 09:07 PM
I'll bring some kind of chili or something meat-o-licious

SeeTee
07-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Bump for the event, The poll will close tonight at 8pm, so Darth Vader can get the numbers to the caterer on Monday-we pray he doesn't alter the meal!

So Please let us know if you want in on the lunch.

Just to let anybody know who might be late in catching this thread after the poll closes, people are still welcome to come on out to the event, we don't turn people away!

SeeTee
07-21-2013, 08:29 PM
The poll is now closed for the picnic lunch, any last minute want in's pm me or post in this thread, the numbers get turned in the morning.

Barrettone
07-21-2013, 10:48 PM
From past experience I would guess:
Membership Meeting - 12:00 -12:30
Vote and Lunch - 12:30 - 1:15
Election Results - 1:15 - 1:30
BoD Meeting - 1:30 - ?????
Fun Shoot - ???? - 6:00
Swap Meet - 11:30 - ??????

Rodney's timeline is very accurate.

sse
07-22-2013, 08:37 AM
What is being served? I will bring coleslaw, hoping it's a good match...and will need a head count.

SeeTee
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the coleslaw, it usually goes with just about any picnic menu.

The count is 63, the menu is in Darth Vader hands.

A big thank you to all who are bringing a side to pass!

Pyzik
07-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the coleslaw, it usually goes with just about any picnic menu.

The count is 63, the menu is in Darth Vader hands.

A big thank you to all who are bringing a side to pass!
63, not bad. Hope there were a lot of absentee ballots (even though it makes it tougher for that Glock to be mine).

I'll bring something. I'll ask the wife what she want's to make. :roflmao:

Barrettone
07-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Gonna have dogs, brats, hamburgers and chicken breasts...grilled to order.

tdbrown1969
07-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Well done please:glutton: :gobble:

mikeb32
07-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Since it appears I will be leaving from the hospital to head out do you need me to stop and pick up anything, sounds like it's going to be a "whirlwind" type of day for me!!

SeeTee
07-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Since it appears I will be leaving from the hospital to head out do you need me to stop and pick up anything, sounds like it's going to be a "whirlwind" type of day for me!!

AFAIK, things are covered, I am still waiting on the answer's for a few things.

Thanks for the offer.

Jackam
07-23-2013, 07:29 PM

If this is the menu, I must reduce my head count to two. I will leave my wife at home.

I will want a brat, she will insist I eat the healthier chicken breast, there will be guns on the premises - it just wouldn't end well for one of us.

Magnum Man
07-23-2013, 08:02 PM
If this is the menu, I must reduce my head count to two. I will leave my wife at home.

I will want a brat, she will insist I eat the healthier chicken breast, there will be guns on the premises - it just wouldn't end well for one of us.
LOL, I am good as my wife will be out of town!

tdbrown1969
07-23-2013, 08:31 PM

We could always tell her the brats are made from chicken.....the healthy choice kind

Pyzik
07-23-2013, 09:09 PM

:lolup:
My wife won't be there so it's brats for me too!

SeeTee
07-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Looks like we will have a good turn out on Saturday!

I am really looking forward to seeing everybody and meeting some new people!

There is no particular call for help, but If anybody is willing to get there early, I am sure there will be some odds & ends we could use some help with, it would be most appreciated.

If you are willing to help out a little, send me a pm and let me know, TIA.

XDM 40 cal
07-25-2013, 05:17 AM
I'll keep it short,

I just moved, and to be honest, broke as hell...

I love to be among members, but this time I'll have to pass... I hope to make it to the next MGO fun shoot....

Enjoy, have fun shooting and eating... I'm there in Sprit...

Barrettone
07-25-2013, 06:31 AM
I'll keep it short,

I just moved, and to be honest, broke as hell...

I love to be among members, but this time I'll have to pass... I hope to make it to the next MGO fun shoot....

Enjoy, have fun shooting and eating... I'm there in Sprit...

Doesn't cost anything to cast an absentee ballot though...PLEASE VOTE!!! You can still make it if you get it in the mail by 3pm today!!!

Kaeto
07-25-2013, 08:17 AM
I was planning on being there but gas prices have shot that down for me.

johnzilla
07-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I was planning on being there but gas prices have shot that down for me.

You could probably work out a carpool with folks from around your area. Lots of MGO'ers downriver.

Kaeto
07-25-2013, 10:35 AM
But who? I don't know anyone down here to carpool with.

Barrettone
07-25-2013, 11:20 AM
But who? I don't know anyone down here to carpool with.

PM pyzik (Garden City) or Mikeb32 (Westland). They are both coming out. Maybe you could meet up with them. You never get to know anybody if you don't try. I have met both of them. They are great guys, and will help if its possible. Tell 'em I sent ya...that'll at least get you a ride in their trunk...LOL. Hope it works out!!!

XDM 40 cal
07-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Doesn't cost anything to cast an absentee ballot though...PLEASE VOTE!!! You can still make it if you get it in the mail by 3pm today!!!

well, try to see if seetee can pickup my vote? and hand delivery it ...

I'll be at work till after 5pm and don't have access to a printer right now...

Barrettone
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
well, try to see if seetee can pickup my vote? and hand delivery it ...

I'll be at work till after 5pm and don't have access to a printer right now...

Gotta mail it direct to the election committee...checks and balances...Might be a proxy available. You'll have to ask jolari.

G22
07-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Proxy voting was a method in which a member who was not attending, granted permission to a member who was attending, to fill out a ballot in person in accordance with the non-attending members wishes.

That is no longer an option per the bylaws.

Absentee ballots replaced proxy voting. Absentee ballots have never been hand delivered by another member to the election committee. There would really be no why to verify if the ballot was actually filled out by the non-attending member.

Jolari as the committee chair will have to make the official call on this.

shurhouse
07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Proxy voting was a method in which a member who was not attending, granted permission to a member who was attending, to fill out a ballot in person in accordance with the non-attending members wishes.

That is no longer an option per the bylaws.

Absentee ballots replaced proxy voting. Absentee ballots have never been hand delivered by another member to the election committee. There would really be no why to verify if the ballot was actually filled out by the non-attending member.

Jolari as the committee chair will have to make the official call on this.

G22 - as a past member of the election committee, wasn't there a cut off date when votes would not longer be accepted?

On the proxy voting G22 is correct - no MGO business is allowed to be done by proxy vote.

G22
07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
G22 - as a past member of the election committee, wasn't there a cut off date when votes would not longer be accepted?

On the proxy voting G22 is correct - no MGO business is allowed to be done by proxy vote.

Yes,

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2109903#post2109903

2. Completed absentee ballots must be received no less than 1 day prior to any vote or election (July 26, 2013).

Generally that means whenever the final P.O. Box check for ballots is made by the person on the committee picking up the ballots, on the day before the election. That would be Jolari this year. I don't know what time he will be doing the final P.O. Box check tomorrow.

I am still a member of the election committee, just not a voted in member so I have no official say in election matters anymore. I am there to assist the committee in any way I am asked to by the voted in members.

shurhouse
07-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Yes,

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2109903#post2109903

2. Completed absentee ballots must be received no less than 1 day prior to any vote or election (July 26, 2013).

Generally that means whenever the final P.O. Box check for ballots is made by the person on the committee picking up the ballots, on the day before the election. That would be Jolari this year. I don't know what time he will be doing the final P.O. Box check tomorrow.

I am still a member of the election committee, just not a voted in member so I have no official say in election matters anymore. I am there to assist the committee in any way I am asked to by the voted in members.

Thank you sir, glad to see your still part of the EC.

Pyzik
07-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Adding 3 to my head count. I know it's late so if they don't get any food it's their own fault! Hahaha

SeeTee
07-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Adding 3 to my head count. I know it's late so if they don't get any food it's their own fault! Hahaha

Should not be a problem, you will just have to eat 1/4 of the amount you would have eaten! :)

Pyzik
07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Should not be a problem, you will just have to eat 1/4 of the amount you would have eaten! :)
Haha! Can we modify the first post with what people are bringing to pass already? I'd like to bring something.

SeeTee
07-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Hello everybody, just a last few items.

The food part,

The menu,
Hot dogs
Brats
Hamburgers
Chicken breasts
1 Mystery side dishe-one person did not say what they are bringing
"Chili or something meat-o-licious"
Asian Slaw
Coleslaw
Dessert
Might be apple pie
Brownies

We have water, diet & regular cola in both popular brands, root beer, Sierra mist, diet & regular ice tea & lemonade all on ice, should be enough and something for everybody.

Since the question was asked, & to let everybody know, plates, cutlery, napkins, cups, straws, condiments are all included, you can leave the mess kits at home!

Please stop at the check in table & sign in.

I have made name tags for all that have taken the poll, be sure to pick them up and get your ticket for the banquet drawing at the same time.

If anybody wants a pre-printed name tag for family or friends send me a pm,
blank ones will be at the check in table and can be written out there.

It might be good to bring bug spray for the range area, we will have tables for your guns & gear, you might want to bring something to sit on out there.

I think that about covers it, we just need to have everybody show up!

Remember if you are just catching this late, no worry just come on out!

dmd7765
07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Bringing Asian Slaw, sorry forgot to let you know

SeeTee
07-26-2013, 10:36 AM
Bringing Asian Slaw, sorry forgot to let you know

1 Mystery sloved! :) menu up-dated!

Thanks!

msagash
07-26-2013, 02:18 PM
My wife was just admitted to the hospital so unfortunately I will not be able to make it now :(

Kaeto
07-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Please send her my well wishes. And my hopes that she gets better soon.

msagash
07-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Please send her my well wishes. And my hopes that she gets better soon.

She is in good spirits considering the situation -- she says that since she *knows* I was going to win the drawing for the gun tomorrow, she now owes me a gun lol.

shurhouse
07-26-2013, 05:03 PM

She is in good spirits considering the situation -- she says that since she *knows* I was going to win the drawing for the gun tomorrow, she now owes me a gun lol.

Good to hear she's in good sprirts. Question - does she have a sister?

Pyzik
07-26-2013, 05:14 PM

I'm actually getting the Glock, but we don't have to tell her that. :)

Dang auto-correct

msagash
07-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Good to hear she's in good sprirts. Question - does she have a sister?

LOL -- she does have a sister, but her sister is already married to another gun nut :) Actually before this happened, he (brother-in-law) was pondering coming to the picnic with me tomorrow.

msagash
07-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm actually getting the block, but we don't have to tell her that. :)

Well, maybe NOW you are, lol. I knew I should have mailed in an absentee ballot ...

Anyway, I am not going to tell her -- she'll end up buying me the XDS .45 I have been wanting (don't get me wrong -- I would have been thrilled with the G19 too!) :)

Kaeto
07-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Actually I'm getting the Glock (sorry pyzik). I need it since the only auto loading pistols in my armory are a Ruger Mk II and a Pa-63.

Jackam
07-26-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm doing a search on MGO and anyone that has ever bad-mouthed a Glock is automatically out of the running!

SimbaLion
07-26-2013, 10:45 PM
It looks as tho my friend (who was also my ride) is going to bail on me. So I might not be able to make it afterall, cause I haven't found another ride from my place in Saline yet.

I was really looking forward to it too.. ah well.

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Dropping like flies.

I had a friend say he may not come but two more people asked if they may join so, made up it I guess, LOL.

Maranatha
07-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Next year we need a CAR-POOL thread

Jackam
07-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Getting ready - the only gun fired so far is the staple gun!

Jackam
07-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Here's some creepy guy....

Jackam
07-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Whole lotta shootin' goin on!

Jackam
07-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Smokey!

Jackam
07-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Everyone's in on the action!

Jackam
07-27-2013, 03:43 PM
She's onto it!

Jackam
07-27-2013, 04:16 PM
On target!

Jackam
07-27-2013, 04:33 PM
And then the rains came....

freakinhugebear
07-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Had a lot of fun today, didn't end up staying for the shooting part for various reasons but it looks like yall had some fun. It was worth the trip for the free glocks you guys were handing out though :thumbup: Big thanks to everyone who helped out today, we'll be sure to come for the next one!

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Here's some creepy guy....
Shirt says it all, hahaha

Pyzik
07-27-2013, 05:53 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/pyzik200/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/MomwithCarcano_zps6989828b.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/pyzik200/media/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/MomwithCarcano_zps6989828b.jpg.html)

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/pyzik200/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/RobwithAR_zps6c7bd3d6.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/pyzik200/media/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/RobwithAR_zps6c7bd3d6.jpg.html)

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/pyzik200/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/RickwithAR_zpsb54f0bc9.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/pyzik200/media/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/RickwithAR_zpsb54f0bc9.jpg.html)

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/pyzik200/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/RobwithSharps_zps96bfb6f7.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/pyzik200/media/Guns/July%202013%20MGO%20Fun%20Shoot/RobwithSharps_zps96bfb6f7.jpg.html)

dmd7765
07-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Didn't stay for the shooting, but glad I attended my first MGO event/meeting. Lots like a good group

msagash
07-27-2013, 10:12 PM

SeeTee
07-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Good turn out today, great to meet new people and see old friends again!

Just a few pic for now, I'll get more up soon.

New Board member right2bear in the center.

http://i41.tinypic.com/35jdyy1.jpg

New Board member Mikeb32

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mi2bfd.jpg

Winner of the G-19 first man on the right freakinhugebear, let's shorten that to FHB!

http://i43.tinypic.com/513520.jpg

The range was busy

http://i41.tinypic.com/2e2flfr.jpg

XDM 40 cal
07-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Congrats too all that had a great time...

Sorry I missed the event...

Doug, that shirt is to much....Fit you perfectly..

sse
07-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Was nice meeting a few of the folks. The weather was weird. The food was very good. The event was well-organized. The election went very smooth. Last but not least, under the current leadership the group appears to be in very good hands.

To all who organized and attended, great job...:cheers:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/jwv/43e9a07a-2d57-403d-95c1-27decd480b48.jpg

RSF
07-28-2013, 05:13 PM
I hope the club fit your needs guys thank you for coming out

Maranatha
07-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Where were you ????? Club was great... Drove out there hoping to see you.

Pyzik
07-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Club was great. You have a nice place there.
The weather wasn't so nice, but I got a chance to run a few guns in the pouring rain. ..And that was a first.

Thanks for the hospitality.

PS. The food was GREAT! Thanks to the cook for taking care of all of us!

G22
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks very much for the use of the club Steve. Had a great time meeting with everyone & shooting in the rain!

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this another great successful annual meeting. Thanks to Doug who left the Costa & full mags on the line for people to try out and thanks to Kaeto for giving me the opportunity to shoot my first Sharps rifle! What a blast!

Kaeto
07-28-2013, 06:51 PM
You're Welcome. Any time I have any guns at a shoot people are more than welcome to try them out. That's why I bring them.

Jackam
07-28-2013, 06:58 PM
and thanks to Kato for giving me the opportunity to shoot my first Sharps rifle! What a blast!

I've been searching for you Kato, to tell you thank you as well! (I was one letter off of the name and the SE could not find ya!)

I got an education and enjoyed watching you fire unique firearm after unique firearm.... I did go looking for a Sharps carbine like you had and WOW - the prices!!!! :) You DID get a deal!

Hope we got all your black powder stuff out of the rain quick enough.
The next time there is a shoot that you might be at, I'll bring a handgun for you to peruse and advise me on. If anyone would know, I would think you would!

right2bear
07-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Kaeto,

I too was trying to search for your username today to no avail.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the black powder ways to this novice.

Also I would like to borrow them shells we talked about, and talk about a couple other things you mentioned to me real soon. :salute:

mikeb32
07-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks Steve. Beautiful place you have there and a great cook!~!!

erict
07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I missed the event posting and would have come. Maybe next time as it looked like everyone had a great time even though the weather was crapy. I shot at the post last December when it was 30F out.......buuuur. Nice place.

RevDerb
07-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the pics. Wish that I could have made it.

RSF
07-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Would have to been there but work gets in the way a lot these days

Cocowheats
07-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Was indeed a good time. Weather was a shame but at least we got some time in between the rain!

Was nice to chat with some of you guys/gals not behind a keyboard, but face to face.

And a complimentary meal just sealed the deal! Yum!

dragonGTR
07-15-2014, 11:45 AM
I'll be there with 1 or 2 people

Pyzik
07-15-2014, 11:51 AM
I'll be there with 1 or 2 people

Wrong thread, man... Haha.

I think you want this one.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?294918-MGO-Annual-members-meeting-and-BOD-elections-July-26-Post-46

dragonGTR
07-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Really hard to track the different threads on these tapatalk...

SeeTee
07-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Ok, thanks Dave for updating Gary, I'll close this thread to keep this happening again.