PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Hunt Season ZZ

Made_in_Michigan
04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
If I am to understand this correctly, I am SOL to get my hands on a turkey permit for ZC or ZZ private land for this spring, correct?

Man i hate deciphering the legalese on DNR's site:banghead:...

remingtondude58
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
If you have any questions you can always use the ask DNR section of the DNR site. they usually respond eventually.

Made_in_Michigan
04-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, I am a horrid procrastinator and got thinking about it while browsing the candy store here (gun FS forums). I figure I'll stop by my local shop tomorrow and see if I can buy a license, but an answer here may save me the stop. :)

remingtondude58
04-15-2008, 05:16 PM
If you email the DNR they probably wont get back to you by tomorrow. If you had time i am sure they would email you but sometimes it takes a while. Wish i could help but i don't turkey hunt (yet).

Made_in_Michigan
04-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Update

For those in ZZ, private property licenses are indeed still available for spring season! So any of you procrastinators out there still have a chance:cheers:

Done Deal
04-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I was sitting on the porch about a half hour ago talking on the phone (working) and listening to the sounds of spring...the ducks, the geese squabbling over nesting territory, the song birds...

and then I heard Tommy Three Toes....and he couldn't have been much more than a few hundred yards away, on the other side of the pond.

Man, I love spring....

NickS
04-17-2008, 02:45 PM
... and then I heard Tommy Three Toes....

HUH?! I must be getting senile or away from nature longer than I thought.

fbuckner
04-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Tommy= TOM Turkey
Three Toes= They have three toes

Man slow crowd today.

NickS
04-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Tommy= TOM Turkey
Three Toes= They have three toes

Man slow crowd today.

Damn, I AM getting old. :doh: :banghead:

Done Deal
04-17-2008, 08:32 PM
HUH?! I must be getting senile or away from nature longer than I thought.

And, if you happen out in nature....the tracks with the long toes are jakes or toms and the shorter toes are hens.

NickS
04-18-2008, 08:27 AM
And, if you happen out in nature....the tracks with the long toes are jakes or toms and the shorter toes are hens.

HUH? They leave tracks too? They must weigh a ton!! :roll:

who dat
04-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Damn, I AM getting old. :doh: :banghead:
Maybe you ain't old enough.

The first time I heard Po-Po :?: I had no idea and almost got a ticket. I had to tell my son-in-law to speak English when he was warning me of impending doom.:shocked:

For that, I was on the old end of the jargon. TTT may put you at the young end.:bow: