PDA

View Full Version : Another Spartan... (looking for a shotgun)

Steve_I
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Hello all,
I'm a student at MSU and I married my lovely wife in August of last year. I'll be graduating soon and moving to SC, but I thought I'd take the chance to learn what I could from this community regardless.
Please see my WTB post in the classifieds!
I'd also be interested in finding someone to shoot with at the DNR range at Rose Lake (Lansing Area) who is willing to help a noob out. Any takers? I'll buy the beer afterwards!

SingingChris t
04-24-2008, 11:42 PM
:welcome:

Hi there Steve! Congrats on your wedding and finding this site.. Stick around and READ, there is a ton of great information on this site..

I'm a recent spartan grad myself, BSN.. :deal2:

Do you already have a job lined up in SC?

Steve_I
04-25-2008, 12:28 AM
:welcome:

Hi there Steve! Congrats on your wedding and finding this site.. Stick around and READ, there is a ton of great information on this site..

I'm a recent spartan grad myself, BSN.. :deal2:

Do you already have a job lined up in SC?

Thanks for the response. No job lined up just yet. My wife graduated a year earlier and has a state job. I sent out two apps just this evening, so wish me luck!

Done Deal
04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Hello all,
I'm a student at MSU and I married my lovely wife in August of last year. I'll be graduating soon and moving to SC, but I thought I'd take the chance to learn what I could from this community regardless.

Here I sit in Columbia, SC looking up at a wall adorned with green and white.

My daughter graduated last year and is a GA here in Columbia. The other day the weather was in the 80s and then it rained and is cooler now but humid.

Be advised, SC is a glove box state so, if your move is permanent, at least you can tote in the vehicle. That may be helpful because we have been awakened to the sounds of sirens in the AM instead of the geese back in central Michigan. Oh well....will be home soon....

Depending on what career moves you are making, jobs may be plentiful here.

Steve_I
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Here I sit in Columbia, SC looking up at a wall adorned with green and white.

Ironic. I will be in Columbia in late June. Bought a house near the Saluda Shoals Park. Hoping to have some heat as I hear the crime is pretty bad there. My wife isn't too happy about me buying a gun, but after I threw some of the crime statistics at her and a hypothetical situation or two, she became ok with it and wants to learn how to shoot.

Rolex Dr.
04-28-2008, 09:21 PM
rose lake is a nice range i have shot there in the past

I shot at the rifle range last year not been to shotgun side in years

its been a while but i still hunt around there for ducks and such as well as Sleepy hollow

we hunt in Elsie normally

i wish i lived closer i would enjoy helping a new shooter out

but i line in macomb county only hunt up there

i will drop a note to some buddies to see if any are still shooting up that area

JD