PDA

View Full Version : American Red Cross Sports Safety Training - Instructor / RSO Notice

Live Safe Academy
04-27-2008, 10:05 AM
COURSE: American Red Cross Sports Safety Training
DATE: Saturday, 5-10-08
TIME: 8:30am to approximately 5:30pm (check in 8:00am)
LOCATION: Livingston Gun Club at 2440 Hunter Road Brighton, MI 48116
FEE: $55.oo per student
REGISTRATION: Contact Jeff LaFave (Barrettone) at 517.404.1908 or jlafave@mich.com or visit www.livingstongunclub.org

Spaces are limited and the class is almost full, so act fast. This is an outstanding course that addresses the unique needs of range safety officers and instructors. Because of the highly specialized nature of the topic the target audience is relatively small and consequently, the program is rarely taught by us or the American Red Cross. This class meets and exceeds all of the requirements for Community First Aid and Workplace Training First Aid certifications, which includes Adult CPR, AED and First Aid. Student materials are available for purchase and would normal cost around $20.oo. However, we have an older generation of booklets that we are selling for only $12.50 per student (all relevant information is still current). If you belong to a club, it’s advantageous to have extra copies at your facility, so this is a good chance to stock up and save. Once our supplies are gone, so is this opportunity.

COURSE DESCRIPTION: Be prepared when seconds count! Learn from the American Red Cross programs that set the national standard to respond effectively to adult cardiac and choking emergencies, sudden illnesses, and injuries. You will learn the proper use of an Automated External Defibrillation (AED) unit and your vital role in the chain of survival. This specialized course will also teach you how to assess and facilitate a safe environment for adults participating in sporting activities, including self-defense training and recreational shooting. Each student will have the use of their own mannequin to practice and demonstrate skills. Students will receive the State of Michigan Good Samaritan Law regarding the use of an AED unit and CPR, and Adult CPR w/AED and Sports Safety Training certification cards upon successful completion of course requirements. Other American Red Cross materials will be available for purchase.

LIVE SAFE ACADEMY, LLC: LSA is an approved Criminal Justice Training Provider by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards. We are also a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, National Rifle Association Business Alliance and the Great Lakes Self-Defense Association Instructor Alliance Program. Our experienced, dedicated staff consists of law enforcement officers, attorneys, military personnel, registered nurses, and professional educators and trainers. All of our instructors are certified through nationally recognized organizations. We specialize in the training of first aid, assault and crime prevention, unarmed force methods, and the use of sharp and impact weapons, chemical defense sprays, basic and advanced firearm training and Concealed Pistol License (CPL) workshops. Our first aid programs are taught by American Red Cross certified instructors. Students who successfully complete our first aid programs are certified directly through the ARC.

appliancebrad
04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Ian, I've already got a commitment for the 10th or I'd jump on the opportunity. Just got my RSO creds last year and I need to update my CPR and First Aid cert.

Ladies and Gents, Live Safe puts on some great training. I'd highly recommend any of his classes.

fbuckner
04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
I havent taken any of Ian's courses but I know he runs a top notch crew that others try to imitate I would in on this but my camper is a calling.

Live Safe Academy
04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate your kind words. For anyone interested, Live Safe Academy, LLC is also running an Adult CPR w/AED and Infant / Child CPR program at The Community House in Birmingham on Tuesday April 29th and May 6th from 6:00pm to 9:30pm. You can register here:

https://tchweb.communityhouse.com/Coursestatus.awp?~~8SHW48

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Live Safe Academy
05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
It’s my understanding that there are still openings. I can’t stress enough what a great class this is for range safety officers and instructors. I also can’t stress enough what a rare opportunity this is, since the class is rarely taught by us or the American Red Cross.

Thank you Livingston Gun Club for hosting this program.