PDA

View Full Version : Woods-n-Water East Sept. 6,7,8 2013 -Updates

SeeTee
08-01-2013, 10:23 AM
It's that time again! This is a great event in Imlay City, this is a fun event to just come out and bring the family and enjoy the day!

MGO will NOT be holding the Hunter safety class field portion at this event.

For those that don't know the woods -n- Water weekend is held at the Eastern Michigan Fairgrounds in Imlay City, Dates, September 6,7,8
http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sis...r-Weekend.html (http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sissue-37607.292113-p24128.112113-Outdoor-Weekend.html)

Information and map to the MGO booth on page 2 of this .pdf

Volunteers for the MGO booth at the event.

We had a great crew last year and this year will be no different I am sure.
We will have good time again this year!

I have listed the volunteer needs per shift, if you are new to MGO and want to see what it is all about and the shift roster is full, just let me know and we will find a place for you to spend some time at the booth.

This event earns volunteers that are MGO members a shift credit, to be used for the GOY drawing, membership renewal or gift membership.
Forum members- your first shift credit earns you a 1yr. MGO membership.

Friday the Sept. 6 -Setup at 12 noon, I could use 1or 2 to help with this, its a good time if you have it to learn the booth set-up

SeeTee
Roundballer

Show times dates and times;

Friday- September 6, 1 shift, 2 or 3 needed

1-5pm to 9pm.

Roundballer
SeeTee

Saturday -September 7, 3 Shifts, a busy day 3~4 per shift needed

1- 8:30am to 12:30 pm
Magnum Man
MiniMag
Kilt Guy
oldskoolford427
Zach

[/COLOR]
2- 12noon to 4pm
Kilt Guy
Travisthared
BullPup Adict

3-3:30 to 7pm
Kilt Guy
Travisthared

Sunday-September 8, 2 shifts these just work out to be a little longer, hard to make 3 shifts for Sunday 3-per shift needed

1-8:30am to 1pm
Kilt Guy
msagash
SeeTee

2- 12:30pm to 5pm + pack up, this should not take too long, usually we start to wind down before 5pm.

msagash
Roundballer
SeeTee

RevDerb
08-11-2013, 06:51 AM
I will work the 5-9 shift on Friday again this year. May be able to get there a little earlier to help with pre-event set-up.

SeeTee
08-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks Don, looking forward to working with you again this year.

SeeTee
08-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Bump for the show, just a week away, I may have the vacant slot for Friday filled, but one more would not hurt, along with set -up help. but We could use more help for Saturday too it gets real busy.

If anybody wants to work the show let me know we can fit you in somewhere to work with your schedule.

This is a Great event to work and a really fine show to check out, there is a lot to see and do for the whole family.

SeeTee
08-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Bump for the update in the op - .pdf file with map to the location of the MGO
booth.

We still have room for volunteers !

right2bear
08-30-2013, 08:08 PM
SeeTee... could you put me on the list at the show up counter? I might be swinging through if I don't get called out for work.

SeeTee
08-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Sure thing, It will be good for anytime the whole weekend, when do you think you might stop by if you do?

Note; map to the booth now in the op.

right2bear
08-31-2013, 08:13 AM
Sure thing, It will be good for anytime the whole weekend, when do you think you might stop by if you do?

Note; map to the booth now in the op.

The when will depend on work, so I really don't know just yet. The beauty of working for the power company's:lol:

Stihl260
09-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Just checking to see if you need setup help or anything else I can do for you at Imlay City . I am one of the pro carvers in the chainsaw carving competition there this coming weekend . I'll have a little time here and there to help you if need anything . I should be there around noon on Friday and will be there all weekend .

Let me know a little ahead of time .... Ed

SeeTee
09-02-2013, 05:51 PM
PM sent. Thank you for the offer!

right2bear
09-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Just checking to see if you need setup help or anything else I can do for you at Imlay City . I am one of the pro carvers in the chainsaw carving competition there this coming weekend . I'll have a little time here and there to help you if need anything . I should be there around noon on Friday and will be there all weekend .

Let me know a little ahead of time .... Ed

:thumbup:

SeeTee
09-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Bump for the event and last call for volunteers or questions.

If anybody does not have my cell # for contact please send me a pm.

As a reminder for the volunteers you may if you want, bring a firearm or two to display on the table, the more interesting the better, it gets people's attention and a good way to start a conversation, we will have gun locks and a cable to secure them to the table. Please observe all the rules of safe firearm transporting.

Map to the booth is in the op in a .pdf file on p2 of that file.

Looking forward to see and work with everybody this weekend.

Thanks to all of you who stepped up to help out.

SeeTee

Magnum Man
09-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Looking forward to the show. Should be a great weekend.

SeeTee
09-09-2013, 09:44 AM
What a weekend! A big Thank You! To all the MGO volunteers who came out to work the show.

Woods-n-Water is a show to be experienced, it is nothing like doing a gun show or indoor event, I think a lot has to do with the people that come out to the show and it draws people from all over, more then one person / group of people I talked to had driven more then 2 hours to get to the show!

We had people coming up to us all weekend who knew about MGO thanking us (MGO) for what we are doing and they showed it, to all of them who may be reading this thank you for your support!

The t-shirts were a big hit we sold almost 40, so were the hats, the tan hat with yellow 3gun logo and the camo pattern were the most popular and sold all of the travel mugs.

Pic of the booth before the show opened.

http://i39.tinypic.com/a1n38.jpg

bkglad
09-09-2013, 10:33 AM
What a weekend! A big Thank You! To all the MGO volunteers who came out to work the show.

Woods-n-Water is a show to be experienced, it is nothing like doing a gun show or indoor event, I think a lot has to do with the people that come out to the show and it draws people from all over, more then one person / group of people I talked to had driven more then 2 hours to get to the show!

We had people coming up to us all weekend who knew about MGO thanking us (MGO) for what we are doing and they showed it, to all of them who may be reading this thank you for your support!

The t-shirts were a big hit we sold almost 40, so were the hats, the tan hat with yellow 3gun logo and the camo pattern were the most popular and sold all of the travel mugs.

Pic of the booth before the show opened.

http://i39.tinypic.com/a1n38.jpg

Shirts are awesome guys. Love them and so does the wife.

Kilt Guy
09-09-2013, 05:17 PM
This is with out a doubt the best show to work. :-P The T-shirts sold great for never selling them before and I would like to see some green ones with the yellow 3gun logo.

SeeTee
09-09-2013, 06:56 PM
[quote=Kilt Guy]This is with out a doubt the best show to work. :-P The T-shirts sold great for never selling them before and I would like to see some green ones with the yellow 3gun logo.[/quote

:yeahthat:

right2bear
09-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Excellent guys!!!

BullPup Adict
09-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I had a good time working the MGO booth on Saturday, it was nice to meet other members and promote MGO. I was scheduled for 4 hours and stayed for 6...

Bull

msagash
09-09-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm glad I got the opportunity to work this event. This was the first one I have done, and it was a great experience. I look forward to working the MGO booth for WnW next year, and also for many more events!

Magnum Man
09-10-2013, 01:34 AM
I had a good time working the MGO booth on Saturday, it was nice to meet other members and promote MGO. I was scheduled for 4 hours and stayed for 6...

Bull
It was nice meeting and working with you! Thanks for bringing your awesome "hardware" display. Hope to see you at future events.