PDA

View Full Version : Woods-n-Water West, Outdoor Weekend- Kalamazoo,Sept. 20,21,22 Updates

SeeTee
08-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Woods-n-Water West Outdoor Weekend- Kalamazoo
Now something for our people on the West side!!!!

For those that don't know the woods -n- Water weekend is held at the Kalamazoo Expo Center Kalamazoo, MI September 20,21,22
http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sis...r-Weekend.html (http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/Sis...r-Weekend.html)

Breaking news! Carry is GTG at this event along with the usual OK to bring a firearm to display, but with the size of the booth there will be limited table space, it will be up to right2bear to decide the layout.

Here are maps to the event, the booth, and fairgrounds layout

23147 New update of plot layout 9-13-2013

With vender and worker check in and booth location highlighted.

You will need to spot the vender check in, go there first and tell them you are with Michigan Gun Owners and give them your Full name to get your vender wrist band, if you are working more then one day be sure to hang on to it.

This is a new First time in the Kzoo area, event put on by the Woods-n-Water folks, I am sure it will be a Great event as are all their events.

Volunteer for the MGO booth

I have listed the volunteer needs per shift, if you are new to MGO and want to see what it is all about and the shift roster is full, just let me know and we will find a place for you to spend some time at the booth.

Friday the Sept. 20 -Setup at 12 noon, I could use 1or 2 to help with this, its a good time if you have it to learn the booth set-up
right2bear
Funone46
Show times dates and times;

Friday- September 20, 1 shift, 2 needed

1-5pm to 9pm.
right 2bear
MSGT
Funone46?
Saturday -September 21, 3 Shifts, a busy day 3 per shift needed

1- 8:30am to 12:30 pm
right2bear
MSGT
tedalton + wife

2- 12noon to 4pm
right2bear
tedalton +wife

3-3:30 to 7pm
right2bear
tedalton+wife

Sunday-September 22, 2 shifts these just work out to be a little longer, hard to make 3 shifts for Sunday 2-per shift needed

1-8:30am to 1pm
right2bear
Hotshoe
Slolane

2- 12:30pm to 5pm + pack up, this should not take too long, usually we start to wind down before 5pm.
right2bear
Bbb
eee
MSGT

right2bear
08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Dtrain can no longer help at this event.

SeeTee
08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Got it, up-dated the shift list.

Dtrain can no longer help at this event.

SeeTee
09-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Just a reminder bump for the event, it is coming up fast.

I have been in Contact with the W-n-W people.

A FYI, the policy for displaying of guns may be different for this event along with the policy for the CC and OC of guns into the event.

It is possible their will be no carried guns allowed unless they are triggered locked.

I know I know I know-it's an issue with the event grounds, not the W-n-W people

AFAIK in is not prohibited as it is county owned but i do not know all the issues involved.

We will get the official word before the show so everybody knows the policy before they get there, but just a heads up for now.

SeeTee
09-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Bump for the show, there is still time to get in on the roster.

And if you just in the area, if you can just come on out and check out the show, the W-n-W East is a great event, I am sure this one will be also.

Maps are included in the op to the fairgrounds and booth along fair grounds layout.

We can use some help for set-up on Friday afternoon and Friday's shift if you can make it please let us know, Forum members, the first shift worked gets you a 1yr. MGO membership!

tedalton
09-12-2013, 05:29 PM
I scoured the website for the Kalamazoo Expo Center pretty well, but I could not find any policy on carried guns. It also appears to be county owned, which would mean it is preempted anyway.

SeeTee
09-12-2013, 06:45 PM
I scoured the website for the Kalamazoo Expo Center pretty well, but I could not find any policy on carried guns. It also appears to be county owned, which would mean it is preempted anyway.
True, and preempted it should be, there are other issues involved between the promoter and the venue ( the promoter, W-n-W do not have a problem with guns at all, it's the people in Kzoo) about the gun issue, we will get the policy from them before the show, I am told.

I wish I had better news about this, I just found out last weekend the East show about this btw, no problem with guns there.

SeeTee
09-13-2013, 12:34 PM
New update in op, the booth location has been changed slightly, new map has booth location marked and worker check in marked.

SeeTee
09-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Bump for the show, this weekend!

slolane
09-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Wife and I are going to work event Sunday and would like to know if its alright to carry or not. Both have cpl but don't want to cause any problems with the venue.

SeeTee
09-18-2013, 07:52 AM
I was told earlier there maybe a new policy for this show by the W-n-W people, I have sent a email to them this week and should have an answer soon, when I do I'll post it here.

SeeTee
09-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Thank you Funone46 for stepping up to help with set-up, I listed you on the Friday shift too in case you would /can stay on for that.

SeeTee
09-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Breaking news! Carry is GTG at this event along with the usual OK to bring a firearm to display, but with the size of the booth there will be limited table space, it will be up to right2bear to decide the layout.

funone46
09-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Thank you Funone46 for stepping up to help with set-up, I listed you on the Friday shift too in case you would /can stay on for that.

Glad to help out and Friday night should be no problem

right2bear
09-18-2013, 06:33 PM
I'll do my best to have a layout that will allow for a firearm display...

Carl,
I still have not heard back from the guy organizing the WnW event... I sent him an email introducing myself, and giving him my phone number, as I don't have his.... nothing still, so....

right2bear
09-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Day one...

Little to no traffic coming through on this end of the building. Really enjoyed the day with funone46 and MSGT. We sold one hat, and had a few good chats with the few people that wandered down our way.

SeeTee
09-20-2013, 09:19 PM
Looks Good! nice layout, So it looks like we got on the corner after all?
It also looks like you ran the MGO fun shoot video?
Did you run the Oleg Volk video too?
Thanks for posting!

funone46
09-21-2013, 05:26 AM
Hopefully Saturday turns out better. Was able to get a few to sign the petition also. Nice meeting members of MGO.

SeeTee
09-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Hopefully Saturday turns out better. Was able to get a few to sign the petition also. Nice meeting members of MGO.
Thank you again funone46 for stepping up at last minute to fill in and help out with set-up and Friday's shift it is very much appreciated.

I too have always found meeting and working with MGO people to be the best part of any event, It is something more members need to experience.

This is the first time for the W-n-W Outdoor weekend to be held out in that area, being that it is new it might take time to build up the attendance (+ Fridays are usually slow ), along with some fine tuning the event layout for people flow.

Thank you to ALL the volunteers working the show this weekend and have a good time.

SeeTee

mikeb32
09-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Good Luck Gentlemen...Hope you have a Great show!!

right2bear
09-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Good day today!!! Sold some shirts, hats, mugs, and 4-5 memberships. Pretty good considering we seen less than 250 people come through. Next year we really need to demand a bigger booth in the main building.

funone46
09-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear it was better than Friday. Agree the main area would be better to set up in.

SeeTee
09-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Good day today!!! Sold some shirts, hats, mugs, and 4-5 memberships. Pretty good considering we seen less than 250 people come through. Next year we really need to demand a bigger booth in the main building.
Good to hear today was a better day, as far as the booth location it was a roll of the dice thing, tomorrow, get a handle on the good locations in the other room, maybe even mark them on the plot layout, it might change somewhat next year, but at least we will have a better idea of where to be.

We just need a BOD member to make a motion and get the board to approve to do the show and a bigger space for next year.

right2bear
09-21-2013, 09:54 PM
We just need a BOD member to make a motion and get the board to approve to do the show and a bigger space for next year.

I see what you did there:upto: hehe

Barrettone
09-21-2013, 11:40 PM

Hey Adolph...we can motion and ask for a bigger space...we don't "demand" in a volunteer organization...<sigh> Gosh I live my little Brammer in a Pfaltzgraff shop...LOL

right2bear
09-22-2013, 06:42 AM
I said demand because after talking to the wnw staff they made it sound as if they selected a spot for us... I feel it a waste of time and money to set up again in the south building...and that is every vendor in the buildings feelings on this.

funone46
09-22-2013, 06:45 AM
From the complaints from others in the same area, I am sure they will demand the main area or just not go next time.

By the way who won the bet Friday ?

Barrettone
09-22-2013, 09:24 AM
I said demand because after talking to the wnw staff they made it sound as if they selected a spot for us... I feel it a waste of time and money to set up again in the south building...and that is every vendor in the buildings feelings on this.

Ahhhh...I get it now...

SeeTee
09-22-2013, 11:18 AM
The booth location, a little background.

It was well known from the start that the pick of this particular space was a roll of the dice as this was a never been done before show at this venue.

When the first layout plot was published by the W-n-W people the booth space was picked by us on the basis of "this looks like a good spot" there was nothing to go on at this venue to be able to say what space was any better then the other.

Later the layout plot was rearranged by W-n-W to accommodate changing needs of the show, We were assigned a new location as close to the original chosen by us as the new layout would allow, we were in the south building from the start.

So yes and no they picked the booth for us, as far as the booth size goes it was decided by MGO to do a single space to see how it would all work out.

It's all good, MGO was there!

We expanded and did the first show in that area, new volunteers on the west side had the opportunity to work a show and represent the Qrg.
and the public did come by the booth.

We have learned how to make the next show at this location better, only by having boots on the ground can this be learned to get the lay of the land.

The MGO BOD can see the need to decide early on to do these shows or not and if the choice is to do them approve the funding so we can work with the event promoter at the start of the booking so ( now with hindsight ) we can get the location and size we want.

funone46
09-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Really it was not to bad, and can only get better. And was a good show to get my feet wet and learn without being rushed to bad. :grin:

slolane
09-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Hotshoe and I had a good time today working the show and meeting some good people from MGO.

funone46
09-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Hotshoe and I had a good time today working the show and meeting some good people from MGO.

Did right2bear make you wash his truck and carry his luggage too?

slolane
09-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Did right2bear make you wash his truck and carry his luggage too?
He took it easy on us because we are old

right2bear
09-22-2013, 07:15 PM
I took it easy on slolane... only until he heals and can get back on the :moped:

NEXT TIME HE'LL HAVE TO WAX THE TRAILER:hide:

TomE
09-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Wash and wax soap works great.:coolgleam:

Jackam
09-22-2013, 07:43 PM
NEXT TIME HE'LL HAVE TO WAX THE TRAILER

Speaking of the trailer... did the side ever get fixed? Last I saw it the door covered the graphics, the graphic wrap place made a huge mistake.

right2bear
09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Speaking of the trailer... did the side ever get fixed? Last I saw it the door covered the graphics, the graphic wrap place made a huge mistake.

No sir... I've not even mowed my lawn in three weeks for lack of time right now.

Jackam
09-22-2013, 07:47 PM
No sir... I've not even mowed my lawn in three weeks for lack of time right now.

Ok - as long as their on notice on it and we don't just let it pass. That was a lot of money spent.

TomE
09-22-2013, 08:11 PM

Good eye.I walked through the door and didn't notice it

Jackam
09-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Good eye.I walked through the door and didn't notice it

With the door open - it looks great! :)