PDA

View Full Version : Remington Safety Recall

Roundballer
08-13-2013, 02:31 AM
I stumbled across this in another forum:

safety-warning-recall-notice-Remington22-Thunderbolt (http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/safety-warning-recall-notice-Remington22-Thunderbolt.aspx)

The date on the notice is July 31, 2013. I haven't seen it posted here yet.

RogueLeader
08-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I have picked up several bricks in recent months, so I will need to check them when I get home.

tote'ngranny
08-13-2013, 07:16 AM
I never use any of the Remington .22 LR ammunition. It's absolutely JUNK ammo.

TomE
08-13-2013, 08:18 AM
ThunderDuds I say.

Howard000003
08-13-2013, 10:37 AM
When I first got a .22 I used Remington Thunderbolts almost exclusively due to availability and price. I would have multiple rounds that would not fire no matter how many times I turned the bullet and struck the rim in a different spot. I stopped using them when I had an out of battery detonation in my hand gun. Dang near caught a .22 slug in the side of the head as it bounced off the barrier wall before skipping on the concrete and, I assume, down range. Also had 3-4 rounds that must have been over charged seeing as how the brass split 3/4 way down and needed a knife/screwdriver to extract them from the chamber.

Does not surprise me they have a safety recall on these...

who dat
08-31-2013, 06:50 AM
To be honest I never use any of the Remington or affiliated products made under any of their trade names.
FIFY

The companies under the Freedom Group/Cerberus Capital:

Companies. (WIKI)

Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
Bushmaster Firearms International
Dakota Arms
DPMS Panther Arms
H & R Firearms
Marlin
Mountain Khakis
Para USA[5]