PDA

View Full Version : New to the board....

DetroitStyle
05-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty new here. Mostly just lurking for deals to snap up... a few guys from our local car club sent me this way, so blame them... :)

My name is Mike and I'm in Westland and I'm looking for a home defense shotgun at them moment to add to my collection

Garbo
05-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Welcome,,, check out the firearms for sale section often, deals all over the place lately but ya gotta move fast :cannon:

DetroitStyle
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I've been lurking there a lot lately... ready to spend that stimulus check :)

Roger Roney
05-10-2008, 03:06 AM
:welcome: Mike! Just looking to grab deals & hoard them, or ya gonna offer some too? :twisted: :lol:

Can you explain something? In one thread you mention taking your CPL course at Firing Line. In the Macomb County thread you give the impression you live there when you talk about appearing before the Gun Board, because AFIK Westland/WACO doesn't make people attend. I was going to ask in the other thread why you took a class in Westland if you live in Macomb, but figured maybe you moved between class and application or took with a buddy. So, can you clarify which board?

Roger

DetroitStyle
05-12-2008, 01:08 AM
:welcome: Mike! Just looking to grab deals & hoard them, or ya gonna offer some too? :twisted: :lol:

Can you explain something? In one thread you mention taking your CPL course at Firing Line. In the Macomb County thread you give the impression you live there when you talk about appearing before the Gun Board, because AFIK Westland/WACO doesn't make people attend. I was going to ask in the other thread why you took a class in Westland if you live in Macomb, but figured maybe you moved between class and application or took with a buddy. So, can you clarify which board?

Roger

Yep, you're exactly right. At the time that I took the class, I was living in St. Clair Shores and went to Firing Line after a few recommendations to take their class. I just recently moved to Westland. 3 mile commutes are better than 40 mile commutes :)

oh, and as far as hoarding.... unless I'm not happy with a gun, I can't see myself selling it. :)

Roger Roney
05-12-2008, 02:00 AM
Cool, thanks.

Sorry to lose you as a East sider, but you can't beat the 3 vs 40 commute! :lol:

Hehe, had the opposite happen with me. Bought my house relatively close to work, (5 mi, 10-15 min) then they moved Chrysler HQ to Auburn Hills. (26 mi, 30-???? min :lol:) Fortunately, I only had to do the latter for two years before I left. :biggrin:

Roger