PDA

View Full Version : Youth hearing protection

jeremy_p
08-20-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm searching for hearing protection from my 7yo for when we're hunting. Something like the Surefire that can be worn and suppresses loud noises but I'm not sure if the small will be small enough. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

sse
08-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I saw an ad for Pro Ear and see they have a line of products for smaller heads. Might be an option.

jjkukla
08-27-2013, 02:46 AM
I picked up a pair of Peltor Jr muffs for my son when he was 4 yrs old. He fell asleep in the middle of a Ted Nugent concert while wearing them <- you can read into that whatever you want ;-)

Mark.n.chip
08-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Pro Ears are top of the line. best ear protection I can find. Youth models are smaller just don't know how small you need
http://www.proears.com/Childrens-Hearing-Protection-ReVO

Ricebrnr
08-27-2013, 07:03 AM
I picked up a pair of Peltor Jr muffs for my son when he was 4 yrs old. He fell asleep in the middle of a Ted Nugent concert while wearing them <- you can read into that whatever you want ;-)

Plus one for the Peltor Jr.

langenc
08-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for getting the kid protected.

Wish Id statred regularly wearing for more than guns--lawn mowers etccc.

Had a coulpe high schoolers come to a 'sight in days' without muffs couple yrs ago. Questioned em about it and they told us "Oh we shoot 44 mag "ALL THE TIME WITHOUT" What?

keen one
09-17-2013, 11:35 AM
My children used (and still do) the Silencio muffs. I'm a fan of the muffs and plugs when shooting targets but muffs alone are a real plus.

mbaza3
10-10-2013, 02:00 PM
I have Peltor Jr muffs for my son and daughter. They are blue and pink :)

Jim1855
10-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Jeremy,

Thank you for working to protect your children's hearing, many people do not and it is their children that will pay the price.

I have used the SureFire earbuds and like these. Why not buy a pair, not really that expensive, and test them for fit. If too large for the children then you have a great set of plugs.

Jim