PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Lease for 2014, and beyond

LonnieGuthrie
08-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm new to the forum, and new to the State. I'm from Louisiana, but am moving here to be closer to my son.
I'm looking for land to lease on a long term basis, for he and I to enjoy. My son is almost 8, and already is preforming well in 3D archery shoots. And I believe that a child who hunts, and fish, does not Steal and Deal.
I'm looking for something that we can pop a few does and the occasional big bug, to fill a freezer. A bear would be nice, but to required.
I have hunted my whole life, and I am very ethical. We will mainly be using bow as our means of kill, and ocassionaly a rifle.

So if anyone knows of anything, or needs new member for a lease/club. Please contact me and lets see what we can't work out.

Have a Blessed Day,
Lonnie Guthrie

Walther
08-25-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm new to the forum, and new to the State. I'm from Louisiana, but am moving here to be closer to my son.
I'm looking for land to lease on a long term basis, for he and I to enjoy. My son is almost 8, and already is preforming well in 3D archery shoots. And I believe that a child who hunts, and fish, does not Steal and Deal.
I'm looking for something that we can pop a few does and the occasional big bug, to fill a freezer. A bear would be nice, but to required.
I have hunted my whole life, and I am very ethical. We will mainly be using bow as our means of kill, and ocassionaly a rifle.

So if anyone knows of anything, or needs new member for a lease/club. Please contact me and lets see what we can't work out.

Have a Blessed Day,
Lonnie Guthrie

Hey Lonnie, welcome to Michigan!

Do some homework before you lease. If you're not familiar, we have a rifle zone and a shotgun zone. Stop by any license dealer and pick up the 2014 Hunting and Trapping Digest (free), which will describe everything you need to know. You can also get it online in PDF at the michigan DNR website.

A good source for hunting lands is Michigan United Conservation Clubs Magazine. (MUCC). Hit their website and join up, you can get the magazine electronically or in the mail.

Good luck!

Jackam
08-25-2013, 08:21 PM
PM me closer to October and perhaps you and your son would like to be my guest for a few weekend hunts.

LonnieGuthrie
08-26-2013, 12:15 AM
I appreciate the info guys. And Sir, thank you for an invite. I will have to check my work schedule.