PDA

View Full Version : Zanotti Armor, Snapsafe or Dakota Safe (Interloc)

Mafic
09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I was looking into these "Modular" assemble it yourself safes and was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of them?

I like the idea of being able to assemble them in my closet and also that they can be easily moved around if need be.

or anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any insight,

Thrindle
09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I looked at Zanotti years ago, and I decided against them because at the time Zanotti's safes didn't have any fire rating. I wanted a fire rates safe to protect paperwork and other valuables along with securing my guns. That was over ten years ago, though.

If the modular Zanotti safes have a fire rating comparable to the ratings of other manufacturer's gun safes, AND if they have a UL burglary rating, I'd say buying a modular safe would be a great idea. If not, do more shopping around.

ColonelKurtz
09-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Stay away from Dakota, saw several in person and they're crap. Made in China; many reviews I read said they were poorly made with low quality steel and after seeing several up close I believe it!

sourdough44
09-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I like my made in the USA Zanotti safe, no issues. Any safe will provide some fire protection. If your house burns to the ground, all bets are off, with any safe.

Also, give me a quality dial lock anytime.

Mafic
09-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks all for your responses! I really like the zanotti, but I was finally able to get a hold of them on the phone and they said it would be a 1 year wait time - besides that the prices weren't that bad, a little more than Dakota and Snapsafe, but the Zanotti also has thicker steel all the way around. If it wasn't for the wait time it would be a no contest.

I am leaning towards the Dakota only because the Snapsafe only has a digital lock on their bigger model and I would rather have a dial.

Also the only reason I prefer a Modular safe is because I currently rent a house and its fairly small and it would be much easier to move it to where I would like to install it.

Are there any other modular safe makers or anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

KRB
09-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I got a Zanotti safe 3 or 4 years ago. I was quoted a 9-month wait, and as I recall, that turned out to be accurate. I am very pleased with it. It is in my basement where an already-assembled safe would not have fit. Assembly was easy with two people; the heaviest piece is the door, which weighs about 125 pounds. Mark Zanotti is a good guy to deal with. It does not have the fire rating of nonmodular safes, but the trade-off was worth it to me.