PDA

View Full Version : Forum Downtime

zigziggityzoo
09-05-2013, 11:01 PM
The forum was down for roughly 12 hours today...

Our web host was having issues with the server we're on, which caused a bit of a domino effect, resulting in our forum Database becoming corrupted.

They were up all night fixing THEIR problems, and then they had no one on staff during the day today to help fix OUR problems. Once they had an employee onsite (tonight around 9PM), they started to work on our issues.

Now, we should be back in business.

-Admin

pbnationrc
09-06-2013, 12:29 AM
No big hurry, but just to let you know. Apperantly I have 65,535 unread PMs...

amontana086
09-06-2013, 02:52 AM
I'm glad it got back online as fast as it did, I was having flashbacks of the last time.

HVYMTLMEC
09-06-2013, 03:57 AM
No big hurry, but just to let you know. Apperantly I have 65,535 unread PMs...

And to lead into a GOOD question are we still on the same server as before when everything took a major ****?

RevDerb
09-06-2013, 05:27 AM
And to lead into a GOOD question are we still on the same server as before when everything took a major ****?
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks to whoever responded to our Facebook queries. It really is annoying when the display says that there is a problem and that you should check back in 5 minutes. I'm glad that I was away from the computer for much of the day.

zigziggityzoo
09-06-2013, 05:52 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks to whoever responded to our Facebook queries. It really is annoying when the display says that there is a problem and that you should check back in 5 minutes. I'm glad that I was away from the computer for much of the day.

That message was, unfortunately, unable to be changed.

And we are indeed on a different server than before - but we are not on a different host, yet.

Today's downtime has renewed my efforts to switch us to a new web host. I've talked with Barrettone about getting BoD approval for a small purchase to help speed that process along.

Pyzik
09-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Good deal.

G22
09-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for sacrificing your personal time to keep us up and running.

8-)

Pyzik
09-06-2013, 08:25 AM
That message was, unfortunately, unable to be changed.

And we are indeed on a different server than before - but we are not on a different host, yet.

Today's downtime has renewed my efforts to switch us to a new web host. I've talked with Barrettone about getting BoD approval for a small purchase to help speed that process along.
Well, lets hope that can get moved along!

No MGO makes for a long day at work... :hick:

Thanks for sacrificing your personal time to keep us up and running.

8-)
Yes, thank you.

Wolvee
09-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad I didn't get banned for it this time, lol.

amontana086
09-06-2013, 05:32 PM
No MGO makes for a long day at work... :hick:
I agree, I was so bored I had to actually resort to doing some work to keep myself occupied.

jamesray59
09-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Stuff happens.
Nice to see all problems corrected.

Rgards...

mikeb32
09-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Good Job Zig!!

RevDerb
09-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Thanks to everyone within the .org who scrambled to get us back connected with our other addiction. :thumbup:

dhrith
09-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Truthfully I'm more offended by the taunting attempts to get me to come back every 5 minutes then by the outage. ;p

zigziggityzoo
09-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Truthfully I'm more offended by the taunting attempts to get me to come back every 5 minutes then by the outage. ;p

Unfortunately, once the database was down we had no easy way to change that message.

Maranatha
09-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately, once the database was down we had no easy way to change that message.

Zig.... Just a thought, could you put a link to the MGO Facebook page so we could update the masses on Facebook

wurm
09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
I thought you guys just didn't like me when I couldn't logon after the downtime. Turns out I was a casualty of the database corruption. Oh well. I work in IT and understand all too well unexpected server problems.

Thanks everyone involved in getting everything back up and running!

zigziggityzoo
09-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Zig.... Just a thought, could you put a link to the MGO Facebook page so we could update the masses on Facebook

I would have loved to update on Facebook. But I don't think Tom or I have ability to post there.

amontana086
09-08-2013, 04:17 AM
I thought you guys just didn't like me when I couldn't logon after the downtime. Turns out I was a casualty of the database corruption. Oh well. I work in IT and understand all too well unexpected server problems.

Thanks everyone involved in getting everything back up and running!
First post? Greetings Wurm and welcome to the forum! :welcome:

:wave:

RevDerb
09-08-2013, 05:18 AM
I would have loved to update on Facebook. But I don't think Tom or I have ability to post there.
I didn't think that anyone was excluded from Facebook if they had a computer.

zigziggityzoo
09-08-2013, 06:14 AM
I didn't think that anyone was excluded from Facebook if they had a computer.
The point is that I can't post AS MGO for an "Official" downtime message.

shurhouse
09-08-2013, 06:25 AM

I'm not a facebook user so I'm not sure what you need to post AS MGO, but please let the board know so we can get it corrected.

RevDerb
09-08-2013, 07:01 AM
But you can certainly go to FB and post as an individual under "write something". I imagine that you do have to have a FB account in order to post though.

And what's the difference whether it is "official" or not? Anyone who knows can tell the rest of us. Not like anyone ever posts anything here that they "know"; whether it is true or not.

right2bear
09-08-2013, 07:16 AM

Josh,
Please PM me the email address that you use to log onto FB.

I think this is something that should of been done to begin with, and I agree the admin of the website should be able to use the FB page to update the masses in these cases.

Thanks for the time you dedicate to all this.

zigziggityzoo
09-08-2013, 07:43 AM
But you can certainly go to FB and post as an individual under "write something". I imagine that you do have to have a FB account in order to post though.

And what's the difference whether it is "official" or not? Anyone who knows can tell the rest of us. Not like anyone ever posts anything here that they "know"; whether it is true or not.

I did.

To your post, even. ;)

1fmj
09-09-2013, 10:22 AM
During the shutdown I lost all of my member privlages.Can you help restore them.<1FMJ>

zigziggityzoo
09-09-2013, 10:27 AM
During the shutdown I lost all of my member privlages.Can you help restore them.<1FMJ>

Please send a PM to Maranatha for instructions on restoring your MGO membership.