PDA

View Full Version : Free Archery range in SE MI?

cmr19xx
09-09-2013, 06:35 AM
I've been working with my son to get his crossbow dialed in before deer season. Yesterday we took a ride out to Algonac State Park. They have a free archery range set up with targets at various distances.

Does anyone know of anything similar closer to the Metro-Detroit area? I'd like to get him out several more times before bow season without having to drive 40 miles. I'm in Grosse Pointe.

pkuptruck
09-09-2013, 06:51 AM
I've been working with my son to get his crossbow dialed in before deer season. Yesterday we took a ride out to Algonac State Park. They have a free archery range set up with targets at various distances.

Does anyone know of anything similar closer to the Metro-Detroit area? I'd like to get him out several more times before bow season without having to drive 40 miles. I'm in Grosse Pointe.

check the Livonia city website... they USED to have a public range...

also, the Rouge Park area (joy road and outer drive area... behind the Wayne County Horse area) USED to be a public archery area... havent been there in year thou.. they even had an elevated stand!!

RPMO6
09-09-2013, 09:14 AM
It's not free, but Pontiac Lake Recreation Area has archery for $4 a day if you have a recreational pass on your license plate. If no one else is there, you can back up to farther distances.

Archery Range
1 station @ 40 yards
1 station @ 30 yards
1 station @ 20 yards
1 station @ 15 yards
Note: Shooters may bring their own targets, which must be removed when finished, or use the targets provided. No broad head arrow shooting allowed. Crossbows are allowed.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10363_56074-233481--,00.html

luckymike
09-09-2013, 08:51 PM
on ryan rd just north of auburn theres a park with archery and skeet ranges.cost a couple of bucks to get in.I think its some sort of township park along the clinton river

cmr19xx
09-10-2013, 05:34 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Its nice to have options.

MSUICEMAN
09-10-2013, 01:04 PM
on ryan rd just north of auburn theres a park with archery and skeet ranges.cost a couple of bucks to get in.I think its some sort of township park along the clinton river

i believe what you are referring to is river bends park.

maustin195
09-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Sharonville DNR range has free archery range. I don't shoot archery so I don't know what 3 d is but that is what they call their range. They also have free rifle, pistol and skeet- trap ranges

eric1917
09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
i believe what you are referring to is river bends park.

:yeahthat: