PDA

View Full Version : where to bowfish in se michigan

eric1917
09-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Trying to plan a few outings and I'm curious where to go. Any suggestions?

Pyzik
09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Trying to plan a few outings and I'm curious where to go. Any suggestions?
Head over the the Irish Hills area.

Mud Lake is GREAT, shot a lot of Carp and Gar there. I shot 44", 7.8lb gar there once.
(Wow, that was longer ago than I thought....)
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/pyzik200/gar.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/pyzik200/media/gar.jpg.html)

Sand lake is pretty good too.
There is a lake off Springville Hwy off 12 in the Irish Hills... I can't remember the name, darn it. Starts with an "M" I think.
Anyway it's just south of Killarney Lake. There is a very small damn you can drop a canoe in below (no public access to the lake, so you'll have to find someplace to park) GREAT carp lake. Killed many in there.
You can put in in Allen Lake and it's connected to Meadow Lake, I've had some luck there.

Also done some shooting in the Monroe area in the river and lake. Only did okay there.

Good luck.

bolonytony24
09-12-2013, 06:50 PM
several good inland lakes. i like to go out from the lake erie metro park for carp. usually troll the bays around hum bug marina. see some big carp, gars, and goldfish. good time

mikethepike
09-12-2013, 07:59 PM
several good inland lakes. i like to go out from the lake erie metro park for carp. usually troll the bays around hum bug marina. see some big carp, gars, and goldfish. good time

Humbug marsh is GOLD!!!

eric1917
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank for the feedback guys! Awesome gar Pyzik! plan to get stated next spring, as archery deer is quickly approaching, so all efforts will be concentrated on filling the freezer for the winter. Is there a best time of year/season to bowfish?

xho3
09-13-2013, 03:24 PM
A guy I work with says the best time to go for carp is during the spawn in the spring. He gets some monsters in the Detroit River near Trenton.