PDA

View Full Version : coyote's near cadillac

bolonytony24
10-17-2013, 07:18 PM
apparently lots of yotes to hunt near cadillac. bristol area specifically.
been hunting there for a week and we got a few deer. seen and heard many coyotes. my nephew shot a 6 pt (his first buck) this morning. we got a text at about 830 this morning that said he had one down. my brother and i got out and went to find him around 9 and he was still shaking ,lol. found the arrow and nice blood near a tink's drag string he came in on.
followed the trail about 60 yds to find a perfect shot but noticed intestines and ***** laying along side his buck. soon found out that the a.. and one of the hind quarters was already chewed to the bone.
ive not been able to find a few after an evening hunt and found them eaten on in the morning but this was only within 45-60 minutes of him shooting his buck. we will be able to keep the backstraps and one good hq and front shoulders and neck.
ive just never seen coyotes on one so fast. we must have run them off when we came back in.
Is this rare or has anyone else had similar trouble? ive not seen it in my 20+ years of hunting. :shocked: thanks shoot straight

Peaceful
10-17-2013, 07:37 PM
That is why they are called "wiley". when they are hungry they are capable of anything.

Sledhead
10-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't touch it.

Don't yot's piss on their dinner so nothing else will eat it?

bolonytony24
10-18-2013, 07:57 AM
think we are just keeping the straps and FQ neck roast. they couldnt have been on it long . he wants to keep his first rack too.

Donzie
10-18-2013, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't touch it.

Don't yot's piss on their dinner so nothing else will eat it?
They crap on it. After such a short period of time they would have been ran off by the trailing hunters.
I wouldn't worry about eating it, just cut out the area they where eating from.

bolonytony24
10-18-2013, 08:15 PM
thanks donzie. lost most of 1 HQ not going to mess with that one the other looks ok. i was more curious if it was that common for them to be on a kill within 20 minutes.