PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead, and whitefish fishing?

1173jared
11-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Any fishing reports/good places? I'm thinking about going up towards Frankfort.

Anybody fish for whitefish off the piers on the west side yet this season?

mfytczyk
11-08-2013, 02:29 AM
the dnr fishing report shows some caught from piers st joe

GunHound
11-08-2013, 08:21 AM
The SJ river has been really good for steelhead since late July. I am not sure where they are right now due to being out of town though.

Whitefish should be around anytime now.

Jackam
11-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Last year I hunted for deer on the opener and then fished for whitefish in Tawas that night. I have not heard of any action yet off the pier.

1173jared
11-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Went out this morning on St. Joseph river/north pier. ******* 10+ foot waves (I swear I seen 15 footers). Obviously made it impossible to fish. Two older gentleman rolled out on the pier, they gave up after 30 minutes and suggested we skidaddle w/ a story from one guy saying he got stuck on the pier due to waves/high water. thats all it took, and me n my buddy were gone (they could tell we weren't locals, lol).
The south pier was nearly fully submerged. Went further up stream with no bites.

Oh well, it beat being at work.

Sledhead
11-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Last year I hunted for deer on the opener and then fished for whitefish in Tawas that night. I have not heard of any action yet off the pier.

There are always guy out there in the late evening til early morning once it starts to get cold.