PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's Safety Course

PWND3r
11-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I can't find anywhere that is having an upcoming hunters safety course.

On DNR's website, under their search: All I find is one tomorrow and it's the field training for the online test. What if I just wanted to take the class in a day and get it over with?

We're supposed to have this class, yet I can't even find one to register for.

cmr19xx
11-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I'd be really surprised if anyone is hosting a class between now and the end of the year. You never see many/any once rifle season starts.

Roundballer
11-12-2013, 04:55 PM
My club holds hunter safety classes ALL YEAR LONG.

The class is held on Monday evenings for 4 consecutive Mondays. It is unrealistic to think that something that is done on a voluntary basis, from the part of the instructors, needs to be made available on demand.

Now that we are only days away from opening day, you are mostly SOL.

Failure to prior plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on any others' part.

PWND3r
11-12-2013, 05:49 PM
There is no failure to plan. I never stated anyone had to jump to my beat.

I do not intent to hunt deer this season. It's the fact that I'd actually like to get out and try to small game hunt this winter/fall. Considering there is an open season for firearms all year, classes should be available all year.

TomE
11-12-2013, 06:48 PM

I do not intent to hunt deer this season. It's the fact that I'd actually like to get out and try to small game hunt this winter/fall. Considering there is an open season for firearms all year, classes should be available all year.

:poed:

tenthumbs
11-13-2013, 11:35 AM

I'm an Instructor and our class is at Lapeer County Sportsmens Club.

The next class series is in Dec. on the 2nd, 9th, 16th, and 18th. The first class begins at 6 PM and the rest at 6:30.

Our schedule is being reduced next year due to low attendance in the "off" Months. The next time a class will be held is March.

We are unpaid volunteers..

PM for further details. I would be happy to help.:cheers:

ro2
11-14-2013, 07:59 PM
being an instructor myself I can say there is a lot of work that goes into planning and setting up a class. My club has 4 classes a year 2 in spring 2 in fall. I give tons of credit to the folks that hold more classes. That being said, to the original poster you raise a valid point I would suggest you get certified as an instructor find a facility to teach at and then offer youre services for year round teaching. Make a difference and be proud.:grin:

Mark.n.chip
11-15-2013, 07:23 AM
If you are in a big yank, take the on-line course then get with an instructor to schedule the hands on portion.

sse
11-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Our next one at WWCCA is in April...