PDA

View Full Version : Hello from TN but soon to be MI

Medio
07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
My name is Josh and will soon be moving to MI with my wife. We have some family that lives around Gobles area. I grew up south of Pittsburgh and lived in Columbus, OH(don't worry I hate the Buckeyes). ;) I miss the climate, the south is way to hot for me. Annnd for you people in Detroit...I am a Penguins fan :p

RifleGuy
07-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Despite the penguin thing, Welcome!!

Scoop
07-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Annnd for you people in Detroit...I am a Penguins fan :pWe can handle one more loser in our midst ... :)

Welcome.

Made_in_Michigan
07-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome. Don't forget your long underwear!

Penguins are OK in my book, as long as you aren't a Colorado fan...

appliancebrad
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey Medio, glad to see you made your way here.

Guys and gals, the kid's alright. He's a regular from SigForum.

Medio
07-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Just remember the Wings are getting old! Look at that break they needed after they got done with the Stars :) Thanks for the welcoming, and I know I'll have some questions on getting everything straightened out about handguns. I know their are some strange laws that I have read on the MSP website....but of course as with all government websites, they don't always make sense, are current, or are wrong. Thanks Brad.

P.S. I haven't seen snow in 3 years and I miss it...

P.P.S. It could have been worse and I could have been brainwashed by those Buckeye fans.

Little story of when I first moved to Columbus...OSU hadn't won against Michigan in a while. I'm sitting in my apartment surfing the internet when I hear horns and fireworks going off all over the place. Pops, booms, I don't know what is going on. I start looking out my window to see if the rapture or Armageddon is starting...no...just a bunch of buckeyes hopping around setting off bottlerockets that they've had sitting around just for the occasion that they might beat MI....not that everyone is a Wolverine fan....

gsbell
07-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I did just the opposite left MI for TN

Medio
07-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Maryville, TN is full of people from Michigan and Ohio. I can't breathe in this weather. It's killing my sinus's and my allergies are insane. That's not even getting into the temperature! We went up to Gobles last year for my wife's great grandfathers funeral. We left here the heat index was 108 degrees. When we got to Michigan it was 78. That was when we decided that we needed to move :) The housing market in Knoxville is horrible. There has been so much new housing put up here at such high prices that people are foreclosing or trying to sell for more than its worth. There are a few subdivisions that haven't even been worked on in 6 months. There hasn't been much relief because of all of this. Plus that Tennessee orange hurts my eyes.

Tedfs
07-01-2008, 07:24 PM
The 80 - 90 degree temperatures with 100% humidity here isn't much better.

Made_in_Michigan
07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Have work lined up here in MI I hope? The job market is spooky right now. It seems the closer you get to any major city, the worse it is. 11.1% unemployment in my County :(

Medio
07-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Yeah I work for Frito Lay. I can go to any Pepsico company that I want.

Made_in_Michigan
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah I work for Frito Lay. I can go to any Pepsico company that I want.

Sweet, Now we know who can bring the munchies!

bigwillie
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Welcome Medio, it's a great site. By the way, thanks for bringing Marian Hossa with you.

Dr Deviance
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Annnd for you people in Detroit...I am a Penguins fan :p

Well... we all can't be perfect now can we?

WELCOME TO MICHIGAN & HOCKEY TOWN!

One piece of advice... Red Wings fans are more protective over their hockey team... then the NRA is over 2nd amendment rights... just be careful who you mention that too...lol

(PS - Just remember... who won the cup... lol)

Medio
07-05-2008, 12:35 PM
It's ok I have a Red Wings shirt to wear since I forgot to pack my shirts when we went to visit the in laws a few years ago...I'll just hide my Pens things in the basement.

Made_in_Michigan
07-05-2008, 01:52 PM
It's ok I have a Red Wings shirt to wear since I forgot to pack my shirts when we went to visit the in laws a few years ago...I'll just hide my Pens things in the basement.

I dunno, When Nashville first entered the league, I enjoyed watching the young kids push. They didn't win much, but they played Hard every game. I bought a Nashville hat & wore it in support of them almost the whole year. I am a Wings fan yes, but more-so, I am a hockey fan. Supporting a foreign team is one thing, which most hockey fans can respect. Trash-talking the home team while supporting a foreign team... thats when things can get ugly! :D:mg:

enfield
07-08-2008, 08:26 AM
. . . That's not even getting into the temperature! . . .

But it's a DRY heat! :hick:

Medio
07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
I wish it was a dry heat haha.