PDA

View Full Version : Taking animals in cities and towns

WelshAmerican
11-23-2013, 02:13 PM
I am thinking about the possible ways of taking prey of different kinds (deer, squirrels, ducks or geese) in towns. Is there any way at all of doing it legally? Is there a legal use of slingshots, nets, snares or bows? Or is none of this possible? What I know best is Kent County and there is a lot of wildlife there that would just as well end up in a pot as poop and loiter where they aren't wanted.

zigziggityzoo
11-23-2013, 02:14 PM
All depends on local ordinances.

Cackler
11-24-2013, 07:34 AM
poop and loiter where they aren't wanted.

When you figure out the trick, see if it will work on all the people that this applies to.

WelshAmerican
11-26-2013, 07:45 AM
When you figure out the trick, see if it will work on all the people that this applies to.
In the Former US of A, we could make jokes. I fear that we are getting too serious for that. :nono: But I loved it! You bring back a memory of a time when the NSA wasn't listening in on all except a fart in the forest somewhere.

langenc
11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Get a copy of Survival Poaching by a fellow named Ragner (or Ragnor). He will enlighten as to how to fix the problem described.

cmr19xx
11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Get a copy of Survival Poaching by a fellow named Ragner (or Ragnor). He will enlighten as to how to fix the problem described.

Ragnar Benson. That guy has some "interesting" books. One of the most interesting is called mantrapping - no its not a book on how to pick up men. He's probably a must read for Doomsday Preppers.

WelshAmerican
11-27-2013, 08:32 AM
That guy has some "interesting" books.
Thank you for putting me on the trail of this gentleman's books. I had no clue that he was out there producing so prolifically. Your use of the "scare quotes" is interesting. I would gather you consider the books a bit "edgy" and unsuitable for referring to when you go to your prospective employer's water-cooler.
Let me hijack my own thread.
I don't consider myself a prepper, but I like to learn what life can be like after SHTF. I learn from them, as I do from dystopian books and movies with a lot more PC acceptance than the Preppers get (Time Machine; 1984, Mad Max, The Island, etc.) I have a foreboding that we may be all very vulnerable to a real come-down.
The regime in power thinks it subversive to believe that the future they are forcing down our throats is anything other than a progressive utopia: equality (of those they let live) through mandatory redistribution: virtue imposed by baton and jackboot on those who are insufficiently communitarian.
Maybe learning to cull the geese population is not the most violent thought of the day. The people we allow in from the third world would be astonished that we allow so many animals and birds to roam around so freely and at no risk to themselves.

Cackler
11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
You want to cull geese? Bicycle chain or two hooked to a pipe.

Give it a mighty swing and the chain will wrap around their neck.

Crack them in the noggin as you retrieve.

They learn quickly though...

Ruger
11-27-2013, 03:48 PM
You want to cull geese? Bicycle chain or two hooked to a pipe.

Give it a mighty swing and the chain will wrap around their neck.

Crack them in the noggin as you retrieve.

They learn quickly though...

Dude are you advocating a Federal offense? :shocked:

Neighbor of ours runs a municipal golf course and he whacked one with a 5 iron and the Fed's were tipped off by a disgruntled employee and they actually came right to the course and questioned him and lead his butt out in cuffs and later had his name removed from the employment rolls of the city of Livonia. Fined and convicted of a fed crime, today he works as a funeral director. :smile:

Cackler
11-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Federal offense in Cameroon????? Really??????

WelshAmerican
11-29-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm not Ruger, but WelshAmerican. (I see your confusion, since I have a Ruger LCR in 38 cal., my "bad boy".) Here in Cameroon, all these wild animals would have gone into the pot long ago. The idea that ducks and geese could live at the golf course untouched would never occur.
I appreciate what Ruger said, since it matches up with what I had sort of guessed at: the USA has laws written for it by people who don't share our Judeo-Christian orientation. We have in this faith a principle called the Teleological Hierarchy: We are for God's pleasure, and animals are for our pleasure. ("Teleological" equates to "for".) We are to exercise dominion over the animals, which were given to us for our food. (Gen 9:3: Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you.)
Instead, if you drown a cat or kill a dog, you are in violation of some law written by people who probably believe that animals have rights over us. Here is a book we should read to understand the Hindu/PETA mindset of those who repudiate the Teleological Hierarchy: A Rat Is a Pig Is a Dog Is a Boy: The Human Cost of the Animal Rights Movement by Wesley J. Smith
We are in an insane asylum and it's run by the inmates.

langenc
11-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Yep. Dont kill geese or the neighborhood cat but unborn people are fair game.

How about in Cameroon?

JDG
12-01-2013, 09:25 AM
Get ahold of the USDA with your problem, I know they take animals in the city. I leave dead seagulls and geese where I shoot them at the airport, for deterrents to others thinking of landing, flying over... It works!

Cameroon outside of Detroit? LOL! Forget what I posted...

Thought this was Michigan Gun Owners.....

langenc
12-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Recall visiting wifes brother in PAabout 20 yrs ago.

He had some raspberries plants right along a 4' chainlink fence. The fox squirrels (nice big ones) were doing most of the harvesting of the berries.

We procured (lawyer talk for bought) some rat traps, the old wooden kind. Caught two squirrel real quick. I suspect it was an unending battle. We left after the weekend and I dont know how he followed up on them.

Couple kernals of corn and a smear of peanut butter works well, inc on 110 conibear traps for those animals. For the bait (corn), drill a small hole in each kernal and either wire it onto or slide onto the wire of the conibear trap.

Walther
12-09-2013, 04:07 PM

I doubt the OP is in Cameroon. I'm not sure what he's about.

WelshAmerican
12-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I doubt the OP is in Cameroon. I'm not sure what he's about.
I am in Cameroon, oddly enough. As for what I'm about, it's my 38th year of being a Bible-translator here.
As for my questions on stuff related to guns, ever since the DHS put on the Newtown fraud and created the pretext for gun-grabbing, I've started developing a craving to have the instruments these characters would take away from us. I'm one of many who reacted in this way. There's no turning back the clock. The Newtown charade has changed everything for me.

Golden Eagle
12-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I've been thinking about posting this arrow gun video about in town hunting for awhile.
Now that I have enough posts I can share it.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QynWlT2hqA0

WelshAmerican
12-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the tip! It's a great resource!

obersaber
12-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the tip! It's a great resource!
I recall the MUCC magazine reporting on some woman with a house full of cats who was driving at night in the country and hitting deer on purpose to provide food for her cats. There were quite a few cats in the car with her when she got caught. She had apparently been doing this for quite some time before she got busted. In another story some yahoos got arrested for driving through a flock of geese on a frozen lake with their snowmobiles. And then there was this guy who got arrested for swerving to hit a skunk after the cop watched it happen.

langenc
12-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Ive read about fish cops ticketing drivers swerving or speeding up to hit game, esp turkeys, and ticketing.

Ive told my wife-never even stop and pick up even a turkey feather at a road kill. A feather can be just as costly as the whole thing.

There is no law allowing a driver to claim a road kill turkey.

Just a couple weeks ago I read about a driver hitting 3 elk, at once... YUK!!
I dont know about claiming them, Im sure they were not all, if any were dead.
They may have had to be destroyed??

dirtmcgirt76239
04-19-2018, 01:41 PM

Neighbor of ours runs a municipal golf course and he whacked one with a 5 iron and the Fed's were tipped off by a disgruntled employee and they actually came right to the course and questioned him and lead his butt out in cuffs and later had his name removed from the employment rolls of the city of Livonia. Fined and convicted of a fed crime, today he works as a funeral director. :smile:
I now this old but its really important.

Migratory birds not in hunting season are federally protected. They can even fine you as much as $25,000.

The feds do not play around, they have nothing better to do, all the resources in the world, and love to make an example of people.

This can be killing birds in your chimney, in your garden, shooting them with a BB gun, anything that goes state to state, just like money from state to state, they take over.

I would never even consider this, its not worth the risk.

I know this is an old thread but did not see anyone else point out the fine.

https://cfpub.epa.gov/compliance/criminal_prosecution/index.cfm?action=3&prosecution_summary_id=2041

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/five-things-know-about-recently-changes-migratory-bird-act-180967646/

langenc
05-01-2018, 08:12 AM

His books are all 'for educational experience only'.