PDA

View Full Version : A deer with a bandana

Kilt Guy
11-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Today while watching the Lions win big over the Packers I saw a doe in my back yard. Not really that uncommon for where I live but this one had a red bandana around its neck and there was also a hunters orange wrap made out of a mesh fabric also around her neck. She walked around for a bit and then just walked off into thick cover. Any one on here have an explanation for this as I am at a loss.

sbowhuntr
11-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I actually seen one this year, up by white cloud..Opening day of firearm season we were on our way to get some breakfast and I saw a small deer in someones front yard with a blaze orange bandana on its neck..Come to find out the mother was killed by a car and here fawn was orphaned..The guy that lived there put the bandana on it and began to feed it and now it resides on his property..The bandana was to stop people from killing it..Kinda neet and I think that fellow has a life long wild pet that never leaves his yard..

SlowDog
11-28-2013, 07:21 PM
She is someone's pet and they don't want her shot

moreparts
11-28-2013, 07:26 PM
ya'll know by now, pics or it didn't happen!!!!!!

Kilt Guy
11-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I wish I did get a picture and before any one ask, no I was not drinking. I had gun in hand and just stood there trying to figure out what was around her neck. Got some binoculars and that is when I could see clearly what it was.

Magnum Man
11-28-2013, 10:37 PM
I would have to concur that it must be someone's pet deer.

gman
11-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Today while watching the Lions win big over the Packers Any one on here have an explanation for this as I am at a loss.

Can't explain either for you, the deer or the win, were you celebrating too hard!:)

Gary

Walther
11-29-2013, 09:21 AM
I wish I did get a picture and before any one ask, no I was not drinking.

Once when I was drinking I wasn't drinking either.

When I wasn't drinking that time, I saw 9 deer, and one had a lit up nose and they were all flying.

Don't feel too badly, it happens to the best of us.

JohnJak
11-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Good Eats. Well feed deer are tasty.

who dat
11-29-2013, 11:48 AM
If you see one with a blue bandana, look out. He'd be a Crip and he's trespassing in Blood territory.

Bullhed78
11-29-2013, 01:11 PM
A guy I work with tells a story about a deer by his cabin that used to wear a hunters orange vest during hunting season. It was one of the locals "pets". Anyway, they asked a DNR officer about the legality's of shooting that particular deer. Apparently his answer was if you shoot it it looks like you get a free vest. Eventually the deer grew a big enough rack and wondered in front of a guy with a gun and that was the end of the deer with a vest. Who knows, the whole story could be complete BS but either way it is an amusing story.

.38special
11-29-2013, 01:13 PM
free vest and free food

Roadblock
11-30-2013, 02:43 AM
If I saw a deer wearing a bandana or a vest, I would assume it was someones pet and feel like a douche for shooting it but that is just me.

mikethepike
11-30-2013, 05:37 AM
If you see one with a blue bandana, look out. He'd be a Crip and he's trespassing in Blood territory.

so if I shot it, would I have to pour out my 40oz for it? :twak:

DTruck
11-30-2013, 08:05 AM
If I saw a deer wearing a bandana or a vest, I would assume it was someones pet and feel like a douche for shooting it but that is just me.
I'd be the same way. My conscience wouldn't allow me to shoot a deer with an ear-tag either.

Leader
11-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Dinner served up with a napkin.

NorthernBorn
11-30-2013, 09:34 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious. Evolution my friends.

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r549/jahnen/deerhunter_zpsa6f1f38b.jpg

Sledhead
11-30-2013, 10:18 AM
If it was less than a year and a half old, I'd let it walk. Any older if its a doe all bets are off.

If its a buck, the vest would seem more like a flag (on state land) saying SHOOT ME, SHOOT ME I can't blend in anymore.

If it was a buck on our land, it'd have to be a wall hanger or I'd let it walk.

More than likely it will get wacked by a car.

That way there won't be any guilty conscience for shooting a deer during deer season.

mikethepike
11-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Meanwhile in Northern Michigan...

Srry8NisMU8

who dat
11-30-2013, 11:53 AM
so if I shot it, would I have to pour out my 40oz for it? :twak:IMO, there is never a good reason to waste a foh-tay. :cheers:

oldskoolford427
11-30-2013, 03:48 PM
ya'll know by now, pics or it didn't happen!!!!!!
+1

Sledhead
11-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Meanwhile in Northern Michigan...

Srry8NisMU8

I wouldn't call Muskegon; Northern Michigan but Okay.

Looks like his nickname is Ryder.

Roundballer
11-30-2013, 10:59 PM

Looks like his nickname is Ryder.
I have been told "up north" is all relative.

I questioned, just as you have, when someone said that they were going "up north" to Lapeer County.

teecro
12-01-2013, 09:18 AM

I questioned, just as you have, when someone said that they were going "up north" to Lapeer County.

Considering that I live less than 20 miles from the Indiana border pretty much the entire state is north to me..... :slap:

who dat
12-01-2013, 12:48 PM

Looks like his nickname is Ryder.Muskegon River headwaters are in the Houghton Lake area.

mikeb32
12-01-2013, 01:06 PM

I am sure I went North, South, East and West when I went to "Lapeer County"

Sledhead
12-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Muskegon River headwaters are in the Houghton Lake area.

I said Muskegon I didn't say anything about water.

Yes There is always a North to every location But Northern Michigan is a geographic location.:twocents:

I'm new here but it sure seems like there are a lot of know it alls on here or they are pissed off because they know their wife is banging the neighbor.
:yeahthat:

I'll go back to my sled sites for a while. At least people aren't pissed at the world there.:computer:

who dat
12-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I said Muskegon I didn't say anything about water.

Yes There is always a North to every location But Northern Michigan is a geographic location.:twocents:

I'm new here but it sure seems like there are a lot of know it alls on here or they are pissed off because they know their wife is banging the neighbor.
:yeahthat:

I'll go back to my sled sites for a while. At least people aren't pissed at the world there.:computer:The film was shot on the river, not IN Muskegon.

Lighten up, you're the one who made the mistake.

Walther
12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
The film was shot on the river, not IN Muskegon.

Lighten up, you're the one who made the mistake.

Eh, let him go. We don't want anyone here who isn't a know it all or isn't pissed off because their wife is banging the neighbor.

He just wouldn't fit in!

"Dang it Betsy...get the hell offa George!"

sparkman10mm
12-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Several years ago I had a HUGE doe with a tracking collar around her neck
wander in under my bow stand....couldn"t bring myself to zip her...let alone someones "pet"..

Just me....