PDA

View Full Version : Do-All Traps SharpShooter .38-.44

Reese
07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi,

Me and my buddy picked this target up and it says to use only soft nosed bullets with it.

I looked around and found that "JSP" is usually what is on the box for these, but I haven't seen any for .40 S&W, which is what we both shoot.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this or recommended ammo. We currently have a couple boxes of Blazer Brass from Walmart, but not sure if it is safe to shoot with that. Thanks for any suggestions.

I can't post a link, but if you search on the subject you can see what I am talking about. Thanks!

Joeywhat
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Soft point is something you'd typically find in a revolver caliber...I've never actually seen a .40 JSP, however I've seen it online every once in a great while. Usually isn't cheap, either. Google ".40 s&w jsp" and I'm sure you'll find something.

You might have more luck finding components if you're into reloading.

Reese
07-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the reply Joey,

Actually I tracked down the manufacturer and got a response from them.

From "Do All Outdoors"
The ammunition that we recommend as “soft nose” is your regular target ammunition. We had to test “soft nose” for liability reasons, but the Blazer ammunition will work just fine. Please tell them to pay attention to the safe distances. I have shot my .40 at around 10-15 yards before.

Joeywhat
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Steel targets, right? I just wouldn't use any steel jacketed ammo.

And make sure you're not too close. Can't imagine a ricochet from a .40 is something that you'd enjoy :shiner:

Done Deal
07-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Speaking of that....

once I was ventilating a new burn barrel with my snubby with semi wad cutters in it.

Lets just say, at 10 feet out of a 2" barrel, you will not get reliable penetration in a damned 55 gallon barrel every time.

For a time, I had a bruise on my belly and that was after the bullet glanced off my belt buckle.

Reese
07-12-2008, 10:14 PM
We each got to fire a couple dozen rounds at the target this morning before the Rain came in. Worked as promised. We were shooting from about 20 yard range.